Status: done comment please! =)

Meant to be . . .

Hers.

It had been 3 months since Kris came over seemingly asking for my advice only to tell me that he had been in love with me for as long as I had him. Those 3 almost 4 years had been filled with both of us worried about the other not feeling the same way, and I’m so glad that he finally got the courage to tell me. We’ve been together ever since then- inseparable. Apparently Uncle Dan was sure that we would be together ever since I yelled at Tangs the first day we met, it would have been nice to know that but apparently he didn’t want to interfere in ‘young love’.

So currently I am a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh, and ticket holder for all the games of the Stanley Cup playoffs. I had been to every game so far and now the guys were playing in the final round against Detroit once again. Things were getting scary there for a while game 6 was do or die for them if they lost it was all over, and for the 2nd year in a row the Red Wings would be celebrating on our home ice, but if they held out and won we had a shot. I remember sitting there in awe as the game came to and end and they had to put the cup back in the box to go to Michigan. I made my way down to the locker room, only to be attacked by a pile of sweaty hockey players.

“You guys smell HORRIBLE!” I shouted trying to break free.

“You know you love it” Jordan said lifting me up slightly.

“Jordan you put me down right now! Or I will make sure you can’t play in Detroit” I threatened.

“You wouldn’t do that would you?”

“Maybe maybe not. Where is Tangs?”

“Shower, he knows you’re not a fan of the sweat smell.”

“This is true. Tell him I’m waiting in the lounge?”

“Sure thing.”

I sat impatiently for Kris to get dressed and meet me out here so I could congratulate him.

“Lee Lee” he shouted with a huge smile on his face. I ran and jumped into his arms, before he kissed me firmly as he held me up and close to him. I wrapped my legs around his waist and put my hands in his hair deepening the kiss, his tongue ran along my bottom lip wanting to be allowed access which I was all to egar to allow.

“Get a room!” I heard causing me to break away from Kris with a start.

“You know what Max, mind your own fucking business” I yelled.

“It’s kind of difficult when you two are going at it right outside of the locker room.”

“Jealous much Maxime?” I teased with a wink.

“Let’s go huh?” Kris suggested setting me down.

“Yea, let’s go” I said as he took me hand and led me to his car.

“So I might have a job. . .” I said as we made our way to Kris’ apartment.

“Yeah that’s great Lee Lee, where?”

“Well I have a couple interviews lined up for after playoff but there are a couple places that are really gunning for me. One right here in Pitt.”

“Where are the others?”

“Ohio and New York.”

“Ohio and New York? They’re both far away Leigh.”

“I know, but they’re just interviews for now . . . If nothing else it’s just good practice for future ones” I said.

“Lee Lee I just got you to myself, I don’t want you to go to Ohio or New York.”

“I know Tangs, but they’re both with the hockey teams and It’s going to be hard trying to find a job that I get to do everything that I love. If there was a job opening here with the Pens I would take it in a heart beat no questions asked. But as far as I know there isn’t. I’m about 90% sure that’s what Ray and Mario are going to tell me after the playoffs die down.”

“Maybe there is a spot for you here.”

“I hope so Tangs. But I have to keep my options open. I don’t want to leave Pitt and I really don’t want to leave you.”

“Let’s not think about that now ok? It’s too sad . . .”

“Alright. I love you Tangs.”

“I love you too Lee Lee.”

I was on the edge of my seat waiting for the final seconds to expire they were almost there, they were about to win the cup. With the sound of the final buzzer all the Penguins fans jumped from their seats and the guys flooded the ice in celebration. Tears filled my eyes, they did it, I knew they would. I don’t want to go to Ohio, I don’t want to go to New York either. I can’t leave them, I can’t leave Kris. Seeing Sid take the cup and hoist it in the air was amazing, the emotions were running high every guy on the ice earned their moment, as Tangs got his chance with the cup out there our eyes met and I felt this intense surge of pride in him.

After they took countless photos with the cup I made my way down to the locker room to congratulate not only the guys but Uncle Dan as well. There was media all over the place, people shouting left and right - in other words it was a mad house. I barely got to the door before I was stuck.

“Kaleigh!”

“Uncle Dan I can’t move!”

“Alright guys let her through!” Miraculously the crowd parted just enough for me to reach him.

“Thanks Uncle D” I said throwing my arms around his neck in a tight hug. “Congrats! I knew you could do it!”

“Yes you did!” He smiled down at me. “Now, go find Tanger” he added with a wink.

As I turned around I was passed from guy to guy - each one giving me a hug and telling me that they couldn’t have done it with out me - until I reached Tangs who smiled widely at me before wrapping his arms tightly around my body and pressing his lips firmly to mine.

“That was for you. You made this possible” he said his forehead resting against mine. “I’m so fucking happy Lee Lee! This is an amazing feeling!”

“I’m happy too Tangs, you guys deserved it so much. Especially against those Detroit bastards!”

“I love you so much, Kaleigh” he said before dropping another steamy kiss on my lips, his hands ran down my back sending chills down my spine as I melted into his chest even more. I could feel his hands resting under my - or his - jersey, his thumbs rubbing circles on the skin just above my waist. Just as we were really getting into it cat calls sounded all around us making me blush a violent shade of red.

“Kaleigh Bylsma. Here I thought you were a good girl” Billy said shaking his head like only a dad would.

“I’m sorry! I love him damn it!” I shouted making him and Kris laugh. Kris wrapped his arms around my waist holding me close to his body as the rest of the guys continued to celebrate, we drank champagne from the cup, and basically showered in it too. After all the interviews were done and all the guys were ready to go we headed back to Pittsburgh to start the city-wide celebrations.

The past couple weeks had been the most exhausting but exhilarating weeks I have ever been a part of. There was the parade, and the parties. Let’s just say that taking the Stanley Cup to a night club isn’t the smartest idea.

Kris was heading up to Montreal for his day, I would be joining him after my interview in New York. I had just finished my one in Ohio and lets just say that they really like me, and I like them for the most part. It’s for the Blue Jackets, hockey a plus. But it’s not my favorite team and the man I love isn’t there. I have a feeling that the same thing would happen in New York with the Rangers. Both teams I think like that my Uncle just happens to be the Coach of the now Stanley Cup Champions, the name itself has given me a reputation as a hard working hockey loving person. I would have to make a decision by the end of August, I just hope that I make the right one.

“Lee Lee, are you ready to go?” Kris asked. We were heading back to Pittsburgh after a month in Montreal with is family and friends. Tomorrow is my meeting with Ray and Mario, and I’m nervous.

“Yea I’m ready” I said grabbing my bag to put in the trunk of his mom’s car. We got to the airport and said our goodbyes and checked-in.

Once boarded Kris took my hand with a smile on his face still having that post win glow sort-to-speak. I sighed heavily and laid my head on his shoulder getting comfortable.

“You alright Lee Lee?” he asked after a majority of the flight.

“Yea, I’m just not sure what to do Tangs. I don’t want to go to Ohio or New York, but if Ray and Mario don’t offer me something then I don’t have a choice but to leave. I don’t want to. It took 3 years to get you to tell me you were in love with me I don’t want to leave you. I mean I guess I could go into another sport but I love hockey too much.”

“Another sport in Pittsburgh?”

“Yea, I mean there is football and baseball. I guess I could work for them but it’s just not hockey.”

“Well the only thing we can do now is hope that there is something open at the rink.”

“Or in Pitt in general.”

“Yeah that or you could just marry me and forget about working all together.”

“Ha! I hope you’re joking. Not that I wouldn‘t want to marry you, but for one we haven’t been together that long. I know that we’ve been friends for a while but dating wise there hasn’t been much going on. And besides that Kris I wouldn’t not work at all, I would then be perceived as the type of girl who only married you for your money, and I really don’t want to have credit cards in your name. I’d feel like a trophy wife and I am way to opinionated to be a trophy wife.”

“Are you saying that you will marry me though?”

“Umm . . . Yea eventually. . .” I said looking at him confused.

“Good, your uncle will be glad to hear that.”

“Huh?”

“That we’re going to get married . . . Eventually.”

“Kris what are you talking about?”

“Kaleigh, I’m saying that I want to marry you. And your Uncle has slyly said that you probably won’t be a Bylsma for long.”

“Well Uncle Dan needs to keep those comments to himself I think” I said with a smile. “But eventually he may be right.”

“That’s all I ask. That you say yes to my marriage proposal, that I will eventually make.”

“Well then yes . . . I will marry you eventually.”

“So does that mean you’re going to turn down the jobs in Ohio and New York?”

“I think so. But I really want to wait until I talk to them about the job at home.”

“Alright.”

My alarm went off earlier than I wanted but I pealed myself from its comforts and hopped into the shower quickly washing my hair. All the events of the past weeks ran through my head. The guys winning The Cup, my interview at 2 very different cities, going to Kris’ home in Montreal and then mostly him basically proposing to me on the flight home. Now my future basically rested solely on two very important men in the Penguins community who in 3 hours I would be meeting with. My fate literally hung in the balance.

I got dressed and did my hair before going down stairs for breakfast. Kris was there, in all his shirtless glory, my eyes danced over his insane muscles and he poured me a cup of coffee.

“Good morning sweetheart” he said kissing my forehead before taking toast from the toaster.

“Good morning.”

“Nervous?”

“Yes.”

“Don’t be they love you and we already discussed this on the plane if nothing else you check out the other teams in the area right?”

“Yea, but I really want there to be an opening for me with the Pens.”

“I know, I do too Lee Lee.”

“Umm there is something else on my mind Tangs. . .”

“What’s that?”

“Uh well, the eventuality of a possible marriage . . .”

“Oh, I didn’t want it to freak you out of put more pressure on you and our relationship. I know we haven’t been dating that long but we’ve known each other for a very long time.”

“I know” I nodded. “Since we were 18 Kris, it’s a long time. We basically grew up together. And I love you but now there is this added thing to my plate, I know I had to think about it before you mentioned that but now it’s even bigger on my list of considerations.”

“I didn’t mean it to be I’m sorry.”

“I know. I love you Tangs.”

“I love you too Lee Lee that’s why I mentioned the eventuality of a proposal.”

“Alright I should finish getting ready wouldn’t want to be late meeting with Mario and Ray. It’s weird, I’ve talked to them before but I’m so much more nervous this time.”

“You’ll be fine.”

“Thanks” I said giving him a quick peck.

“Ah Kaleigh.” Mario said with his arms open wide.

“Hi Mario, how are you?” I asked stepping into his hug.

“I’m good my dear. Have you had a good summer so far?”

“Yea, it’s been interesting to say the least, I still can’t seem to grasp the fact that they won.”

“I know what you mean. We’re just waiting on Ray, then we’ll get things under way.”

“Ok” I said looking down nervously.

“Kaleigh, calm down eh? You look like you’re in trouble.”

“I’m sorry there is just a lot that I have to consider and your decision is kind of the main factor. Plus Kris sort of proposed last night.”

“He did! Congratulations.”

“Thanks, but it was more of an eventually we’ll get married kind of thing.”

“Sorry about the wait, there are some loose ends that need tying up including this” Ray said walking into the conference room. He took a seat next to Mario and pulled out a file. “So Ms. Bylsma. Your Uncle must be having the best summer of his life right now huh.”

“Yea, he’s in awe still. Just like the majority I suppose.”

“This is true.”

“Apparently Letang popped a eventual question last night Ray” Mario said bringing up what we were talking about just seconds ago.

“Oh really, congratulations.”

“Thanks. We’ve known each other for a long time, apparently our relationship was a long time coming. At least according to Uncle Dan and your entire team.”

“I always thought so too” Mario said with a fatherly tone. “Any way back to business. We’re waiting to hear final decisions from our current staff, there are a couple guys who are at retirement and could or could not continue with us for another year or so. But with your passion for the game and outstanding credentials, we want you to join the Penguins family, officially.”

“Your internship at UPMC’s rehabilitation center shows quite a bit to your dedication and your references spoke highly of your resilience and positive attitude. . .”

“Not to Mention the rousing pep talk you gave our boys once your Uncle was brought here to coach, Sid happened to mention it” Mario added. “One way or another Kaleigh, we want you here. We can’t guarantee the exact position that you wanted right now until they other two make their decisions but we have other options for you until that spot opens up.”

“So, until the position is open what would have for me?” I asked happy that - at least from this moment - I wouldn’t have to leave Pittsburgh.

“You can be an assistant trainer here possibly teach some little league, or Wilkes/Barre” Ray said.

“What’s in Wilkes/Barre?”

“That’s a whole other option and I completely different line than what you were wanting but we think you would be great at it. . .” Mario commented with a smile that Ray too let show.

“KRISTOPHER! TANGS! TANGER!” I shouted walking into his apartment.

“What’s going on?” he said wondering why I was yelling, when he turned the corner his face went from wonder to pure curiosity at the huge smile I had on my face.

“I’m staying in Pittsburgh!”

“Yeah?”

“Uh-huh!” I said as Kris twirled me around in a hug.

“So you got the job?”

“Well that’s the thing, they’re waiting for two of your current trainers to decide on what they want to do, but they for sure want me to be apart of the company. If one of the guys decides to retire then I have the job that I originally applied for, but if not I have a couple options.”

“Which are what?” he asked almost as excited as me.

“I could be an assistant for a year for two to the guys who will be retiring soon and teach little league at the rink. Which would be just adorable you know how much I love kids and hockey.”

“So that’s one option what’s the other?”

“Wilkes/Barre.”

“What about it?”

“I could go and coach there. Like actually coach. Which could lead to possibly assisting Uncle Dan.”

“Really? Babe that’s amazing.”

“I know. . . So I just wait to hear about what they decide or I can decide to just take the coaching position.”

“You would be a great coach.”

“Yeah but it’s not right in Pitt. Good news is I have a little bit of time to decide. Mario and Ray are being amazing about everything. I can’t even begin to think what would have happened if they didn’t like me so much.”

“You’re a loveable girl.”

“You have to say that.”

“No I don’t it just so happens to be very true.”

“I should call the other offers and decline and then Uncle Dan too. He’s going to be so excited!”

“I’m so excited!” he said with a big goofy grin.

“And you just can’t hide it?” I winked singing. “I know I know I know that I want you want you!”

“Well you could have just said so I mean . . .”

“Oh Tangs, of course I want you. I mean I do love you after all.”

“Call those New York and Ohio people and tell them you’re not leaving before you change your mind.”

‘I’m not going to change my mind. No way no how.”

It had been a few days since I declined my other offers and any day now Ray would be calling me about the position that I had applied for, giving me one more thing that I would have to choose from. Some of the guys were back in town so Kris and I were going out tonight to a club to enjoy the final weeks of summer before we were all busy with the new season.

“Kaleigh, you look gorgeous” Tangs said watching me put on a little chapstick from the doorway.

“Thanks love. You look quiet handsome yourself mister” I replied walking over to him. He gently placed his hands on my hips holding me close to his body

“Well standing next to you its easy to look like this.”

“What? That doesn’t make sense Tangs.”

“You make me look good.”

“Oh” I said with a smile.

“Kaleigh what are you going to decide dear?” Flower asked me.

“It’s a tough decision, I mean I don’t know if I’ll get the opportunity to coach again. But I don’t have the right experience to just go right into that and it‘s in Wilkes/Barre. I would coach there and then once they get called up and were with you guys it might be weird to have their old coach around especially with the ‘I‘m with your teammate‘ thing. I mean really how weird would it be for me to not only be with Tangs but to have been your coach at one time too. And I definitely didn’t go to school for 4 years to teach pee wee hockey. But I would love doing both of those things. Then there is the thing that I actually have an education for. Damn why is it so complicated?”

“Well, they’re all good options, but we would all rather have you at our rink” Jordan said.

“Definitely” Tangs said wrapping his arm around my waist. “Especially with the eventual proposal” he added with a wink.

“Well as soon as I get a call from Ray or Mario about everything I’ll hopefully have a decision. And you all will be informed.”

“Want to dance, Lee Lee?”

“Sure thing Tangs” I said smiling as he led me out on the dance floor. There was an upbeat song on and we fell into a rhythm easily our hips moving together. “Remember before you told me that you loved me, and we were here on the dance floor?”

“How could I forget? You were very close to being drug out of here and to my apartment, you always could make me all excited Lee Lee.”

“I was hoping that you were going to take me out of here and back to your place, then maybe we would have been together sooner. Or at least had a little fun.”

“A little fun Leigh. It would have been lots of fun.”

“Minus the confusion in the morning. That would have been a little awkward.”

“Yea, maybe it’s best it didn’t happen the way I hoped then.”

“Probably although I could have done without the trampy blond hanging all over you.”

“I’m sorry about all the girls that I dated.”

“Dated?”

“Ok hooked up with . . . I didn’t think that you liked me like that and I was trying to forget you in anyway possible.”

“It hurt Tangs, to see you with girls that were everything that I’m not. That’s the main reason why I didn’t really date. I didn’t want to hurt you like that too.”

“I’m sorry Lee Lee, I really am. I was stupid to not just take a chance and tell you sooner that I loved you” he said looking a little down.

“Oh Tangs, it’s all in the past now. And I love you. Always have.”

“I love you too Kaleigh.”

“OH MY GOSH! Kris Letang!” a girl, who he would have used in the past to ‘get over’ me.

“Umm hi?”

“You don’t remember me do you?” he shook his head. “It’s Jenn, we made out here then some tall guy came over and you disappeared. I was very disappointed. “

“Well, I’m kind of busy right now nice seeing you again.”

“Well if you’re done with the brunette then I’ll be over at the bar waiting.”

“Honey, you’re brunette too . . . Someone just used too much bleach” I said wrapping my arms around Kris showing her that I wasn’t going anywhere. “And that spray tan is a little too orange, pumpkin. Next time tell them to go several shade lighter. You’d be a lot prettier if you just trust nature with the coloring.”

“Let’s get out of here” Kris whispered kissing right below my ear, knowing it was a spot that made my knees go weak. I let him lead me back to the table of our friends. “That was kind of hot.”

“I was just giving her some free advice. Someone has to be honest with her.”

“Still, it was hot you coming to my rescue.”

“Well you had that look on your face that all guys get when there is a pushy girl around. I had to protect my man. And I think I know how you can repay me.”

“How is that?”

“You wear your under armor around the apartment . . . Or just all the time. Damn you look nice in the under armor” I said picturing his in the tight fabric, every muscle showing through.

“You’re thinking about it aren’t you?” I felt myself blush slightly. “You bit your lip and you always do that when you are thinking about something a little dirty. Sometimes I think you have to mind of a guy.”

“The perils of being the only girl in the family. And I really wish you didn’t know me so well!”

“What did you do this time Tanger?” Sid asked from his seat.

“Called her out on thinking dirty thoughts about me in under armor.”

“KRIS! Really? Was that necessary?”

“Yea it was” Jordan laughed.

“Hey Lee Lee, some of the guys were wanting to catch a pick up game of hockey at the arena you want to come?”

“Ohh yea, just let me grab my gear ok Tangs?” I said hopping of the couch giving him a quick kiss before running up to our room. We decided to move in together to see if the eventual proposal would work out, give it a try and so far it was good. Honestly I think he just wanted someone around to take care of the place when he’d be away.

We got to the rink and laced up, we wouldn’t be hitting since this was just for fun. But I wore my helmet ‘just to be safe’ as Staalsy put it. We were playing for a while before they decided to take a break, Tangs and I skated together around the ice after setting our stuff to the side. We were talking about random things just enjoying our time together.

“I’m glad you moved in Lee Lee” he said.

“I’m glad I did too.”

“It will make it a lot easier, I think, for the both of us.”

“Agreed” I replied smiling up at him.

“I can’t believe that we’ve only been dating for almost 7 months I feel like it’s been longer.”

“I know me too.”

“Kaleigh I love you so much” he stopped us at center ice.

“I love you too Tangs.”

“I don’t want to waste anymore of my time just dating you” he slid down to one knee, is my skate untied? No, and that is a velvet box in his hand.

“Oh my god.”

“You’re my best friend and I can’t picture my life without you. Will you please marry me?” he asked with hope filled eyes. Tears filled my eyes as I stared at the man who stole my heart in Wilkes/Barre.

“Yes” I squeaked out.

“Yea?”

“Yes!” I shouted this time as he stood and put the gorgeous diamond ring on my finger, I pulled him closer to me and kissed him firmly. “I can’t believe you” I added as we parted. I looked up to see Jordan Sid Marc and a few of the other guys standing around us with cameras taking pictures and one recording the entire proposal.

“So, Kaleigh. You said yes to this guy why exactly?” Sid said interviewing me on camera.

“Because I love him damn it. I have since I told the bastard he hit like my grandmother 4 years ago. And I could imagine marrying anyone else.”

“Are you happy with your performance this afternoon, looks like there were a lot of emotions going on in crunch time.”

“Well Sid” I said laughing at him. “You find the person you want to spend forever with and let me know if it gets a little emotional. Every girl dreams of this even if she’s sort of a tomboy.”

“Kris, how do you feel now that its over and she said yes, you were a nervous wreck earlier this week.”

“Fucking fantastic” he replied with a smile.

“Alright Sid I understand that you’re normally the one in front of the camera but enough with the damn questions already geeze!” I half yelled. My phone rang tearing me away from my now fiancé and the guys.

“Hello?” I said unable to hold back my smile.

“Kaleigh this is Mario.”

“Oh hey how’s it going?”

“Good how are things down on the Ice?”

“How did you know I was here?”

“Sid kind of let it slip that you all were going to play a quick game I hope I didn’t call at a bad time.”

“No Mario it was perfect timing, you didn’t ruin Kris’ proposal which I’m sure Sid also let slip.”

“Yea he’s a sucker for romance. So congratulations are in order!”

“Thanks it means a lot from you.”

“Well there is another reason I called . . . The opening you applied for is in fact open, One of the guys decided it was time to retire.”

“Wow that’s great. . . And yet another thing I have to consider now.”

“Well take your time. We don’t want to rush you.”

“Thanks, umm is it possible to meet with you and Ray in a couple days to discuss the options a bit more? I have a few things that I want to ask the both of you before finalizing my decision.”

“Sure how about Tuesday Afternoon?”

“Sounds great.”

“Well we’ll see you then. And Kaleigh, tell Kris I said congratulations.”

“I will thanks Mario. See you soon.” I hung up with Mario and skated back over to Tangs who instantly wrapped his arms around me. “Mario said to tell you congrats.”

“Did he say anything about the job?”

“There is a trainer position open for me. But I’m going to meet with him and Ray to talk about it all Tuesday.”

“Well whatever you decide I’m here for you Lee Lee. You’re my fiancée!”

“I know this is crazy! We’re going to get married!”

“Yep!”

My 2nd meeting with Ray and Mario was less nerve racking than the first luckily, but that might have been because I was still on the ‘I’m engaged’ high. After congratulations from both men we got down to business.

“So firstly I want to thank you both for making this a tough decision for me. I could see myself happy with each one of your options. My biggest concern with the Wilkes/Barre job is that I’m young and have very little experience with coaching, I mean it’s only my dream to coach hockey but it’s terrifying to think about how little experience I have with it.”

“Kaleigh we offered you that because you have a passion and the heart to lead. You know more about hockey than a lot of people that I’ve met” Ray said. “And experience is in the eye of the beholder. You worked with your uncle there a few years back and you’re always around here basically shadowing him watching the plays picking up on things that the guys could do to make it a bigger threat.”

“It takes a lot to be a great coach, and you have everything it takes” Mario said with a smirk.

“You’re not making this any easier for me I hope you know that” I laughed. “I have a proposition for you both. I would like to take the training position here but I would also like to help out with the team in Wilkes/Barre, kind of an assistant type position, I want to get experience under my belt before I jump feet first into coaching.”

“I think we can work something out” Ray smiled.

“So is this it we’re good? I can officially celebrate?”

“Yea I think so. Just have some legal things to sign and go over.”

“Awesome.”

2 weeks later.

“Excuse me do you know if Coach Bylsma is here?” a tall player asked as I sat in my office.

“Yea, coach is here” I said with a smirk. The sign outside my office simple read ‘K. Bylsma Assistant Defensive Coach‘. “You a defensive player?”

“Yea, is he really tough?” he asked obviously a little nervous.

“Oh yeah, he’s tough alright.”

“I’m Jake by the way.”

“Kaleigh, nice to meet you Jake.”

“Are you his wife?”

“Nope. I’m Kris Letang’s fiancée.”

“Oh wow.”

“You should probably get on the ice and warm up wouldn’t want Bylsma getting pissed you were in here.”

“Oh, yeah probably should.” I laughed as he half ran from my office to get to the Ice. I set down the roster and stats that I had been looking at and pulled on my warm up jacket and headed to the ice clip board in hand.

“Alright guys I want you to meet Kaleigh Bylsma. Our new assistant coach.” The head coach said. As I watched each set of eyes look me over, when I caught Jake’s face it was priceless. “She’s basically the reason the Pens won the cup.”

“Awe stop you’ll make me blush” I joked.

“I’m going to tell you what her uncle told all the guys 4 years ago when she came to help him out. She my look harmless but don’t under estimate her. You should have seen her lay Letang out that first day.”

“He was hitting like an 80 year old women couldn’t have it” I said throwing my hands up in my defense. “Besides it got him called up.”

“She’s only going to be here every so often so when she’s here expect to have you asses handed to you.”

“Why won’t you be here all the time?” one of the players asked.

“Well being one of the head trainers for the Penguins kind of demands more of my time. Especially when the season starts up. But don’t worry after today you’ll all be wishing that I would stay away more often.”

“On that note lets get things started. Go ahead Bylsma call out drills.”

I couldn’t help but smile. “I hope you’re all warmed up boys because it’s suicide time.” I chuckled when they let out groans and skated to line up.

“You’re going to get too much pleasure out of this aren’t you.”

“Oh hell yeah.” After a few they guys were already slacking. “What the fuck are you guys doing? The pee wee team at the Mellon are faster than you at these. We’re going to do them again and If I beat you, any of you, we’re doing 10 more got it?”

“Brett call ‘em out for me” I said skating to the line with the guys. About half way through the team realized I wasn’t kidding and picked up the pace. I wasn’t pushing myself but I don’t think that they knew that.

After practice Kris picked me up walking into my office as I changed.

“You really should lock the door if you’re going to change in here.”

“Well I knew you were coming and I was honestly hoping that you would catch me” I winked sliding on my dark wash jeans.

“It’s a good show but one that should be only seen by your fiancé.”

“Next time you should show up a bit earlier and get to see the whole thing” I suggested sitting on his lap in my chair.

“Maybe . . . You ready to go?”

“Yep, just let me grab my bags and paperwork” I said giving him a simple kiss before gathering my things.

“So did you give them hell today?” he asked as we walked down the hall.

“Hell yeah. They’re going to hope that I’m never in charge of drills every again.”

“Dude she is hot!” we heard as we walked past the locker room.

“Yeah and off limits. She’s engaged to Letang” I’m guessing that Jake guy said this since he’s the only one that I had told besides the staff.

“No way. Lucky bastard” someone else said causing me to giggle.

“Well lets just say I’m going to need a cold shower after all the practices she’s at.”

“Agreed, damn she’s fine.”

“Apparently you left a good impression” Kris said holding me close.

“You guys and your locker room talk. It’s flattering and slightly creepy at the same time.”

“We’ll I don’t talk abut you like that in the locker room.”

“Yea ok Tangs.”

“It’s true Lee Lee. I may have in the past but now that you’re mine I don’t like hearing it.”

“Damn it Tangs I fucking love you” I said wrapping my arms around his neck.

“I love you too Lee Lee. Always have always will.”
♠ ♠ ♠
6158 words.