The Color of Peace

The New Band

(pt. 2) The New Band.
After Glitch explained to them how Travis and him were no longer on good terms, they gasped. Well, the girls did. Lorenzo spit his chocolate milk out all over Larz, who was no longer passed out and quickly ran out of the room. “I can’t believe the Color of Violence is no longer!” Shelby shouted. “Well, believe it. Cause it’s true,” Glitch replied sadly. “NoooOOOoooOOOOooOOOoOOOOoOoOOOOoOoOoOOoOoOo!” Lorenzo screamed. This caused an awkward silence for what seemed the fifteenth time today. “Hey! Who needs Travis?! We could start a new band that’s even BETTER than the Color of Violence!” Rehtaeh stated. They all looked at her like she had seven heads. “Are you serious? Who would play the instruments?” Glitch asked. “Um, us? Duh?” Rehtaeh answered. She stood up and forced the rest of them to do the same with a glare. “This is how it’s gonna go; Derek, you play bass. Okay?” Glitch nodded. She continued,”Shelby, you sing and play the keyboard, (Shelby looked scared but nodded.)-” “I’m guitar, right?” Lorenzo said more like a statement than a question. She glared. “No. I’M guitar. YOU’RE drums.” “BUT!-” he protested, but she covered his mouth with her hand and said,”That’s how the arrangements gonna go, okay!? Okay!” Glitch thought for a moment. “Sooo... what are we gonna name the band?” They all thought. “Uh, guys...? I need to tell you something...” Shelby said. “Yes?” they all answered. “I uhh... If I have to, like, do screaming and stuff, I can’t be lead singer. I don’t have the voice fer that.” Rehtaeh slapped her hand on Shelby’s shoulder. “That’s okay, Sheldon, you don’t have to scream. We can be a different band from the Color of Violence.” Lorenzo lit up,”I got it! The Color of Peace!” Shelby high fived Lorenzo. “Oh yeah! I vote for that name!” Glitch and Rehtaeh looked at each other and shrugged. “Sure, why not?” And with that, they were now the Color of Peace.