Jealous Minds Think Alike

You're impossible, girl

“Hey look! There's Karen and Stephen! Aren't they cute together?”

“Totally. I'm jealous.”

“I wish my boyfriend was that romantic.”

I clamp my ears shut to ignore those girls. However, it was no use. Their gossip towards Stephen was causing a chain reaction inside of me. I continued to walk with my hands on my ears, while foolishly closing my ears. Such recklessness causes me to bump into someone.

“I'm sorry,” I mumble, rubbing my head. “Are you all right?”

I look into the eyes of Karen Fisher, which meant.... I look up and see Stephen towering over me.

“Oh!” He says in a surprised tone, his eyes lightened up. “Your - “

Instead of staying to hear the last of his words, I scrambled away. Why was I constantly running? First John, then Stephen. Why was I such a - ? Once again, I collide into someones chest and trip over my own feet, falling to the ground. I opened one eye and saw John this time.

“Brian was right,” he sighed. “You really are a klutz.” I blush in embarrassment. “Here,” He held his hand out. “Let me help you up.” He leaned towards me and smiled. His smile resembled Stephen's and that made my heart swell up in rage.

“No thank you,” I replied flatly. “I don't need your help.”

“Stop being stubborn and just let me help you up.” I could tell he was growing impatient.

“I told you I can't get up myself,” I replied in an irritated tone, standing up with one leg. A surge of pain ran through my body. I ended up falling into John's arms.

“Whoa? Are you all right?”

That was the way that Stephen looked at Karen, after I had bumped into her.

“Leave me alone, dammit!” With both hands, I pushed John to the ground. He groaned and rise a few inches up, rubbing his head. He glares at me.

“You stupid girl,” he scowls. “What the hell is your problem? I'm just trying to help you and you get all psycho bitch on me.”

“Psycho bitch?” I laughed. “Aren't you the one who's supposed to be the perfect boyfriend?”

“Yeah, not when your acting like this!” He hopped to his feet and brushed the dirt from his pants. “The contract goes for you too.”

“Don't you wish that we weren't binded by the stupid thing?” I look up at him and tears unknowingly comes to my eyes. “After a recent heartbreak, I have to be stuck with a guy like you. I was so foolish to sign the damn thing.”

“I-I'm sorry,” John takes a step towards me, after seeing the welling tears. “Jaycee...”

“You know what? You don't have to do anything. I'll be the one to go and find Brian. There's gotta be some way to get out of the contract.”

“Jaycee, hold on!”

Before John could do anything else, I speed away as usual.

Xxx

John's point of view:

What was her problem?

I fumed in my seat and stare at my blank notebook.

I was trying to be nice and she pushes me to the ground. Not to mention, she punched me in the face, yesterday!

“Gahh!” I cried angrily, scribbling angry marks in my notebook. I had pressed my pencil against the paper that holes started to appear. My tip had also broke.

“John,” I look up to see Mrs. Swan towering over me. “I know your frustrated that Jaycee is absent and this is a partner project, but you don't have to express it from your voice.”

“Sorry.” I grumbled under my breath.

Jaycee is not absent. She ditched class! All because she doesn't want to see me! How much can a girl do, when she has a grudge on you?

I pound my head on my desk and pulled on my hair. She's stressing me out! I can't take this anymore. She was right. Brian needs to get rid of this stupid contract. But....

There's something about her that makes me want to be with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
(: