When Fame Takes Its Toll

He likes her, he likes her not.

It was eight in the evening when I and Hayden got home from the show, the mall, and another mall. I haven’t told her about my date with Alex tomorrow night and I don’t think it’d be a good idea to keep it from her. I needed some advice, I don’t know what to do on our date, I don’t even know where he’s taken me. So there, Hayden’s an expert for this one, she’s dated a lot of hot guys before she ended up marrying Marcus. I know she can help me with this.

So we went upstairs then to my room. We sat down on my bed and locked eyes for a minute. I knew she’s been waiting for something from me. I could feel it by the way she looks at me. God why does she have to be always like that?

“Yea he already asked me out while I was roaming around the mall after I left you drooling over your leopard-skinned bitch” I sighed and she smirked.

“I hate you for the delayed update!” she shook her head causing me to giggle. “So… when are you guys going to do it?” she asked raising her right eyebrow.

“The date?” I asked, hoping it really was what she’s exactly talking about.

“Mmhmm” she nodded. “And… the sex” she laughed at when my jaw dropped.

“Hade, there’s no way I’m having sex with him on our first date” I informed her, then she pouted her lower lip. “Besides, I’m not falling for him, and you know I don’t sleep with someone who doesn’t even give me butterflies in my stomach. I’m not a slut, Hade, though I always seem like it” I added, which made her give me a serious look.

“Not falling for him” she repeated and she seemed like she’s looking for an approval.

“Mhmm” I nodded again. “Wait. You thought I’d actually fall for Alex Gaskarth?!” my voice was about to crack into hysterics.

“Uh… No. Of course not” she said, then she tackled me for a hug. “But we’ll still be fucking your ex-boyfriend up, right?”

“Haha yeah!” I laughed as we made the hug tighter. “And who knows? Maybe he’d want me back after seeing me with Alex!” I added.

“He’ll definitely want you back, Heid!” she told me, with a big grin on her face.

“Hade, I still don’t know what to do on our ‘date’. I don’t even know where Alex is taking me” I said as I pulled over from the hug.

“Just dress nicely. Show off your cleavage, that’d make him a lot hornier” she said before sending me a wink.

“Uh, we’re not sleeping, we’re having a date. A Date, Hade” I informed her, raising my eyebrow.

“Whatever. Just do it, and be appreciative for whatever he’s going to do for you” she tapped my hand. She then stood up and grabbed her bag. “Well, gotta go! See ya, soul sista! Update me about the date! Call me, text me, whatever” she said as she walked out from my room and waved.

I laid down on my bed and found myself looking up at the ceiling. I realized I was also thinking about what Hayden said before. Not falling for him. Yes, I’m not falling for Alex. I’m just having a date with him, and it’s all part of the plan. I admit, I still have those feelings for Derek, and I wouldn’t be questioning myself if we got back together after this plan. I’m not using Alex as a ‘rebound’, I don’t have any feelings for him or something, and vice versa. I just hope we can get along with each other very well so that my plan will work out perfectly.

A phonecall broke the silence I was having a few minutes after Hayden left. I sat up and grabbed my phone on my hoodie pocket. I blinked when I saw the caller ID. Derek’s calling me? Wow.

“Hey” I heard him before I could actually speak. “Uhm… Are you uh…” it’s clear he couldn’t talk properly. “Uh alone? I mean, can we talk? Like just the two of us..” his voice was cracking, I couldn’t tell if he’s just acting it all out or if he’s sort of affected about me throwing my bra on Alex.

“Oh… talk about what?” I finally had the courage to talk.

“I can’t… tell. Can I just come over?”

“Uh sure. Yeah Hayden just left” I said as I rolled my eyes. “Bye” I hang it up and I hate that I am pretending that he doesn’t affect me that much anymore. He still does, and I just have no idea why, he dumped me, fucked me over, I just don’t know why I still care about him like I’ve always did even before we started dating. No, I have to get over with this, to get over with him, we’re just history. I’ve had enough of it, when he dumped me, I’ve tried everything to please him not to dump me, but he didn’t care at all, and that hurt a lot.

Right after I hang up my phone, there was a knock on my door. I wondered who could it be, well it couldn’t be Derek, he just called so he’d probably be here a few minutes later, so it’s probably my mom or Heather. But when I opened it, I was wrong. Completely wrong. It was Derek, he was just there when he called me. Great.

“You’re quick” I faked a smile when I saw him. He shrugged and he looked down, still wearing a half-smile on his face. I hate it when he does that, I couldn’t tell if he’s looking down ‘cause he’s sorry or ‘cause it’s just a part of his whole acting and stuff. “Uh… if you wanna talk, come in so that it’d be just between the ‘two’ of us, like you said” I told him as we walked towards my room, causing him to look up on me and tackled me into a hug.

“Heid…” he whispered during the hug. He then pulled a bit over but still not letting his hands off my waist and kissed my cheek. He tossed his forehead to mine and looked me in my eyes. “I know you’ve had too much of me, but I just couldn’t stand the fact that I’m not your ‘boyfriend’ anymore. It’s… it’s different. I lo-“ I cut him off, not wanting to hear it all.

“It’s over, Derek. You dumped me, I pleased you to believe we can still work this whole thing out, but you seemed like you didn’t care at all. I’ve had enough, Derek” I said after pulling myself from him. Whether this is the right thing to do or not, I’m sure this could make my plan work out easier. “If you just came here to try getting back with me, you have to leave. I couldn’t stand being your ‘girlfriend’, I don’t even know if you ever cared or not. Just… leave” I shoved his chest as tears started to blur my eyes again. He tried wiping my tears down my cheeks but I slapped his arm and told him to leave again. He mouthed ‘sorry’ then left with his head down. I slammed the door and laid myself on my bed. Here I am again, crying because of that stupid douchebag. I couldn’t deny the fact that I still care about him, and I think that’s the reason why I’m crying again. Why can’t I just get over him and forget everything we had? Why can’t I just work on my plan without caring about him?

Hayden’s POV

I was supposed to be staying with Heidi for the rest of the night, but then I decided to leave and try to do something for the ‘Plan’. My sister have always liked Alex, she thought he was hella funny, and she’s always thrilled everytime she gets to meet him, I could feel it, but I couldn’t tell if it’s the same with Derek. But it kind of surprised me when she said she’s ‘not falling for Alex’, well I gotta be honest, I’m hoping they’d fall for each other when the plan’s already going on, I mean, I just don’t want them to be like, hooking up and when the whole plan’s done, they’d just break up like nothing happened, no I don’t wanna see something like that. Alex and Heidi are perfect, there’s no doubt about that.

So like I said, I left to do something about the plan, and that ‘something’ means I’d go to Alex. I’ll talk to him, he still doesn’t know that he’ll be doing this whole hooking up or dating thing with Heidi just because we wanna screw Derek up, and I don’t wanna him to know that ‘cause he definitely doesn’t deserve it. I mean, I’m still not sure if he really likes Heidi, that’s why I decided to go and talk to him. But I have a feeling; I think he likes her, more than just getting in her pants…

While I was driving on my way to Alex’s house, I decided to call him first so that he’ll know I’m coming. He’s a busy person, just like my sister, and I’m pretty sure that finding ‘this’ kind of surprises disturbing is one of the things they have in common. I pulled over then grabbed my phone and look him up on my contacts. I saw his name and pressed the green call button.

“Urghhh bad timing! VOICEMAIL!” I sighed and rolled my eye. Oh well, I’m just a few blocks away for him house, so that didn’t make me stop from talking to him. “I’m coming to visit you, Gaskarth! Don’t ask when, ‘cause maybe by the time you hear this, I’ve already done it. Don’t worry, I won’t rape you or something, we just have to talk” I said as it went straight to his voicemail. When I parked my car in his driveway, I could see lights from the windows, and lots of people. They’re probably having a party there, though parties like this turn me off, I didn’t mind, I have to talk to Alex, I have to talk to the guy my sister’s going with on a date tomorrow night. As I walked to ring the doorbell, I noticed a familiar guy making out with some… skank. I know I sounded so stereotypical, but atleast I kept it by myself. I looked away so they wouldn’t think of me as a creeper or something. I rang the door bell again but got no answer. Well, the door knob wasn’t locked at all, so I entered right away. Loud music and drunk people met me. Then I felt an arm around my shoulder and looked up to a tall guy with black hair, with blonde streaks in front of them. Jack Barakat. He smiled at me. “You… are… HAYDEN LEE!” I nodded and his grin got bigger. I could tell that he’s drunk by the way he talked.

“Hm… have you seen Alex?” I asked, wrapping my right arm around his waist.

“I… think he’s… upstairs” I immediately pulled away before he could throw up on me. “Well… see you later, Jack!” I nodded and went straight upstairs to find Alex. I see people making out everywhere. There were three rooms, and for the love of God I have to open each door to see if Alex is there. I opened the two first doors and saw what I was expecting to see, it was either people making out or having sex. So I went to open the last door, being pretty sure that I’d find Alex in this room. I had a disgusted look on my face when I heard a moan. Great, Alex Gaskarth is either watching some porn or he’s masturbating. But then my jaw dropped when I saw what really is going on. Alexander Gaskarth is having sex with some skank on the night before his date with my sister. Incredible.

“What the hell?!” I shouted, causing them to stop whatever sex stunt they’re doing. I looked at Alex who grabbed a towel to have it around his waist. I gave him a disgusting look.

“What the fuck are you do-“ the girl cut him off. “Oh my god, I swear, I’m sorry. I was just too drunk and I didn’t know he has a girlfriend or something…” she then grabbed her clothes on the floor and walked out of the room. “I’M NOT HIS GIRLFRIEND, GIRLY. I’M FUCKIN’ MARRIED AND I HAVE A TWO YEAR OLD DAUGHTER, GODDAMNIT!” I shouted behind her.

“What the fuck, Hayden?!” he shouted, totally annoyed that I ruined his night.

“Well… I just came to talk about Heidi, my sister, who’s going with you on a date tomorrow night, but then I guess I’m just gonna leave since you don’t seem to care about it at all” I said before I slapped him on his face. I started walking out of his room but he grabbed my wrist.

“Hade, you know what, I don’t get you. You told me to ask your sister out, not to have a fuckin’ commitment or something like that with her. Yes, we’re having a date tomorrow night but that doesn’t mean I can’t have some fun. Besides, it’s not like I don’t have any idea why you’re asking me to do that, the only reason why I agreed to be her fuckin’ rebound is because she’s got a perfect body and she’d be making a great one night stand for me, she’ll be worth remembering it!” my jaw dropped as I heard those words. So he was just after her body? What an ass.

He then went away and grabbed his clothes and went to his bathroom and slammed the door behind him. I shook my head as I put my hand on it. I almost cried, but I managed to prevent from doing so. I didn’t only feel bad about my sister, I also felt bad about myself. I just ruined our plan of screwing my sister’s ex-boyfriend. Now she’d be getting stuck thinking of some other ways to show Derek how stupid he was for dumping her, and she’d be dealing with those slut issues about her after the bra incident. I walked away from his house and went to my car. As I drove on the road, on my way to my house, my heart felt heavy. I kept worrying about Heidi. I pulled over and rested my head on the stirring wheel. I started shedding tears; I don’t know what to do now. I screwed it all up. I just did…
♠ ♠ ♠
<3