Doe Eyes

one of one

I've never seen doe eyes. What are they anyway? I thought that capons had those, dears, rabbits, animals - not humans. Well, I guess that humans are animals, right? We're grisly, we kill to survive, we kill for greed and for dissent and pleasure. Mammals, says my eigth grade biology teacher.

But, back to doe eyes.

I mean, Mom, you told me that they're big and beautiful so now I look for those qualities in every pair of eyes that I see. So it seems that I'm the only one searching, not necessarily on my hands and knees. It's especially hard during the summer when everyone has got their teashades on. That's what they're called, I think. The sunglasses with the wire rims and circle lenses?

Are big eyes considered doe eyes? Are they Mama? But, you said limpid; I looked that up in the dictionary after you laughed at me for being a prose writer and not knowing what it meant. Clear, transparent. I can understand that, clear, maybe like lucid? Nana's blue eyes were as clear as water, I remember that because she always used eye drops to keep them from being red all the time. Completely calm. Absolutely relaxed, waveless. BUT DOE EYES ARE HECTIC. Are they not? Streetlights, bulging streetlights in their sockets.

You said I would never see doe eyes if I hadn't seen them by now. Never say never. One, two, three. Oh, that's three times.

Whatever mama, to be frank I think that you're crazy.
♠ ♠ ♠
nothing else could be done with this