Nameless

Nameless: Chapter 22

“Um…” You looked up to see your parents standing over you. You smiled weakly.
“Hi, Mom…Dad.” Your father looked about ready to have a conniption. It was alright to hug, but it was NOT alright to hug a young member of the opposite sex, especially when he had just saved the family from a psychopathic murderer. That goes double for when he’d been held captive in the dungeons for a couple of days. Your father was also, by this point, unhappy about Korin escorting you home on an over-a-month-and-a-half-long trip. Certainly not when you had run away from home to avenge your brother. Why, if that was the case, is the killer standing---?
“He’s actually sitting, Dad.” You interrupted, imperiling yourself further. Korin shot you a look, thinking dire things about your survival instincts.
“Sure, throw yourself into the path of a raging maniac. If it wouldn’t start a war, I’d introduce him to Leda. They have similar theories on affection.” He muttered in your ear, making you laugh.
“What did you just say, boy?!” your father demanded. Korin’s face went carefully blank and innocent, just like it had when you had threatened to ‘divest him of his tongue’.
“I was just remarking on your, err, lung capacity, sir. It’s quite enviable, actually.” Korin attempted to appease your father. Any second now, your father would burst a blood vessel.
♠ ♠ ♠
SHORT... TT-TT
Do vampires have blood vessels??