This Is How We Live.

Get it started.

I wouldn't necessarily call my life complicated, nor simple. I'm a senior, I have sort of a social life, I ace all my classes, and I'm a good kid.

I'm Janine Reyes, and I am a trainwreck in progress. Sort of.

Well, today's the first day of the school year. Senior year. I'm almost out of this hellhole, and I couldn't have it any other way. Well, maybe except for one. I wish he'd notice me. Or actually just talk to me... At least.

"Hey," Emily approached me at my locker. I didn't notice her since I was still thinking of what I was gonna say to him when I see him at lunch or something like that. Emi snapped her fingers in my face, "Earth to Janine?"

I got out of my thoughts, "What? Huh?"

"Still the same Janine I know," she laughed.

"Last time I saw you was two days ago, Emi," I grabbed my books off of the top shelf and looped my arm through hers on the way to first period. We had APUSH together, which was actually my favorite subject. I've always been good at history. We sat right next to each other, and then the bell rang. Everyone groaned in pain. Back to the daily grind. Emi's boyfriend, Nathan, took the seat in front of her. He turned to us and smiled. I smiled back. Like usual.

APUSH was a bore. It was mostly "introductions" and it was super chill.

The next two classes were French and chem. I had French with Zach and Amy, but Amy was still in New York, so Zach was alone. Chem was actually not that bad. I had chem with Katie, and so far my teachers were all nice. Lunch eventually came around, and I rushed to my locker.

And in the hall, I passed by him. I looked at him, and he smiled at me. Wait... what? HE SMILED AT ME. ME! Out of all people he could smile at. Katie was already at my locker, with her boyfriend Cameron. "Hey Katie!" I said, grinning.

"What happened to you?" she giggled, "During chem you were so bummed!"

I gave her my 'I-Just-Saw-Him' glare and she nodded. Katie patted my back, "He's the most popular guy on the basketball team. Don't get your hopes up, honey." And with that she walked away with Cameron, into the cafeteria.

I sat next to the boys, as well as the girls. I've known each and every one of them since we were kiddos. Well, I've known Michael since I was in seventh grade. But you get it. We've been best friends since forever. I turned around and saw him smiling at me once again. Emily elbowed me in the waist, "Look who's smiling at you," she teased.

"Shut up!" I giggled.

He walked towards me, "I'm Brandon," he smiled once again, "you are?"

"Janine," I giggled.

Senior year is already the best.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this is a new story that I'm writing. And I hope you like it? Tell me your thoughts and such. Thank you :D

xoxxo, Pam :)