Status: Finished =P

Sing

1

“This is Michael Way, and he’ll be your lab partner for this semester, “Mr. Borelli said just before walking away. I looked over nervously at the kid. He stared just as awkwardly at me.

“Well, since you know my name, what’s yours? I haven’t seen you around here before, “he said in an attempt to break the awkward silence.

“I’m Aiden Jameson. I’m new to this school, but not to the area. I’ve been homeschooled for the last 10 years. My mom just recently died and my father left when I was younger. So, my aunt thought it would be best for me to get at least a little real world experience before I graduated. So, here I am, “I said. I suddenly started wondering if I shared too much. He had a blank stare and then he smiled.

“Wow, you talk really fast. I think you’d get along well with Frank. So, since you’ve been homeschooled, maybe you’d like to make a few friends?” He offered, tossing his light brown hair over one eye. I couldn’t help be smile.

“Sure, that would be great, “I said, feeling a warm feeling knowing that high school wouldn’t totally suck.

“That’s awesome. Well, I got to go to the nurse. My stupid asthma freaks my mom out so I have to go to the nurse every hour or two! I’ll talk to you later, okay?” He said, picking up his books. I nodded and watched as he left the class room.

Not 10 minutes after he left, an announcement came over the P.A.

“Aiden Jameson, please report to the principal’s office at this time.” I sighed and grabbed my stuff and left the classroom. I closed the door and when I turned around, I slammed into some girl.

“I am so sorry! Here, let me help you!” I exclaimed, picking up her books. She gave me a glare and scoffed.

“Watch where you are walking, “she said as she jerked her books from my hands. I sighed and walked away from her.

I walked down the sidewalk and turned into the main building. I approached the desk and cleared my throat.

“I was asked to come see the principal, “I said to the guy behind the desk. He smiled and nodded, before checking a sheet of paper.

“What’s your name?” He asked, suddenly puzzled.

“Aiden Jameson, “I replied. He smiled again and stuck out his hand.

“I’m Gerard, “he said, flashing his snow white smile.

“Well, Gerard, it’s nice to meet you, but I think the principal needs me, “I said. He nodded.

“Well, he’s in a meeting with another student. The kid brought a knife to school. So, you can sit in that chair and wait for him, “he said, smiling once more. I nodded and took a seat by the bookcase. I fidgeted with my bag, suddenly realizing there was a small hold in the strap. Gerard cleared his throat and I looked up at him.

“So, you’re new to Presley High. Where are you from?” He said, still sorting papers.

“Well, I’m actually from around here. I was just homeschooled up until now. My mom taught me, because she didn’t trust what the schools might be teaching. Then, she died in May. So, I had to move in with my aunt who thinks it would be best for me to start attending an actual school to make friends and get some real experience in life, “I explained.

“Ah, that’s cool. Well, I’m here if you need help or have any questions! I’m literally right here for 3rd period!” He said, smiling yet again. The door opened and out came a red head guy who looked pissed. He slumped down in the seat next to me.

“Okay, Ms. Jameson, you may come in now, “a largish man in a black suit announced. I
stood and followed him into the room. He closed the door and moved behind the desk. He gestured for me to sit and he smiled. “So, how are you managing today?” He asked.

“It’s going okay. I met a couple people who seem pretty nice. PE is fine. Math is okay. Biology seems like it’ll be pretty good, “I said.

“That’s good. Well, I just wanted to see how you were doing and to let you know if you need anything, you can always come to me. All you have to do is ask to see Principal Hartman!” He said, smiling. I sat there awkwardly unsure of what to say next.

“Well, Ms. Jameson, I have a meeting to go to. I must say farewell for now. Enjoy the lunch today. Our lunch ladies actually make good food! Alright, I will see you later. Have a great day!” He said, opening the door for me. I smiled and left. I passed the desk and Gerard waved at me.

“I’ll see you around, Aiden, “He said, smiling. I nodded.

Well, this seems like it won’t be too bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are appreciated.