Status: Finished =P

Sing

9

Monday came around, and I finally understood why people hated them. After a good weekend, you have to go back to school. I didn’t mind so much, because I was looking forward to seeing some of my favorite people. The day went by slowly, or so it seemed. I couldn’t wait till lunch to see all of them. Finally, the lunch bell rang.

I went through the line as usual and went to their table. I was greeted by Bob and Ray and Mikey. Gerard soon came and sat next to me. He smiled and I had to smile back. He grabbed my hand, and I could feel the butterflies fluttering wildly. Frank came over and sat across from me.

“Oh, hello, “he said, noting the lack of mine and Gerard’s hand.

“Hey, Frankie, “I greeted. Everyone was engaged in conversation.

“So, are we still on for this afternoon…”he said quietly.

“Yeah, that is, if you want to, “I said, smirking at him.

“Oh, I do. I just didn’t know if you would since…”he said, gesturing towards Gerard.

“Oh, no, I’ll tell you all about it later, “I said, smiling at him. Gerard had apparently caught up in our conversation. He just looked at me and then, he went back to discussing something with Ray.

The rest of the day dragged on. Finally, the last bell of the day ended, and just as I was leaving the classroom, Frank grabbed my arm.

“Hey, I’m going to go ahead and go to the car. Meet me there, okay?” He said, taking my bag from me.

“Okay, I will, “I said as I smiled. He smiled and walked away. I went to my locker and picked up my Geometry book and I shut my locker. I turned around and gasped.

“You scared me, “I said, poking him lightly.

“Oh, I’m sorry, “he said as he leaned in and kissed me.

“It’s fine, “I said, hugging him.

“So, where’s your bag?” He asked, putting his arm around me.

“Frank has it. He took it to the car, “I explained. He raised a brow and the smile fell from his face.

“Why does he have it?” He asked, sounding a little more than concerned.

“I’m going home with him today. He’s helping me study for the Spanish test, “I explained.

“Oh, “he said quietly.

“When Mikey came over, I had to study a lot just to be able to help him study. Frank has made a practice test and so, he’s gonna help me today and tomorrow, “I said, and I started to walk down the hall when I noticed he had stopped.

“Wait, when did Mikey go over?” He asked, a puzzled look crossing his face.

“Saturday afternoon, he called and asked if I could help him. I told him okay, and then he came over, “I said, beginning to wonder if I shouldn’t have said anything.

“Oh, okay, “he said slowly. I soon saw what was going on. I went over and put my arms around him.

“Nothing happened with Mikey, and nothing’s going to happen with Frank, “I said, attempting to kill his worry. He looked at me and forced a half smile.

“Okay, I’m just going to make sure you get to Frank safely, “he said, putting an arm around me. We walked out to where Frank was parked. He was standing by the car, smoking.

“Hey, “I called out to him. He looked up and smiled.

“Hey you, “he called back. “Hey Gee.”

“Frank, “Gerard greeted. Frank arched his eyebrow and shook his head, laughing.

“What’s up, man?” Frank said, still laughing.

“Aiden, go ahead and get in the car, “Gerard said, as he kissed me. I did as he said, and I shut the door. They seemed to be talking, so I was going through the CDs in his car. Most of them were copied CDs of bands like The Clash, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, and The Grateful Dead. There were also CDs of bands I’d never heard of like Six For The Road and Pencey Prep. After a few minutes, Frank hopped in the car.

“Going through my CDs, are we?” He asked, smiling. I nodded, and Gerard came to the window.

“Have fun, sugar. I’ll call you later, “he said as he glanced at Frank. Frank shrank back into his seat and started the car. I nodded and waved as we pulled away.

“Hey, what you got there?” Frank asked, looking at the CDs I had in my hand.

“Well, I have a couple CDs I found on the floor. Some of these, I’ve heard of. Some of the others, I haven’t. What is Pencey Prep?” I asked. He took the CD from me and put it in the CD player. We listened to a few of their songs and eventually I had to turn it off.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, looking over at me.

“That band, “I said, talking really loudly. “First of all, I couldn’t hear a thing besides the screaming and the loud music. Second, you can’t understand that thing that’s singing! And third, it’s really, really loud!” Frank just laughed.

“Wow, I’m a thing that can’t be understood?” He asked.

“What? No, I can understand you?” I said, not understanding what he meant. He reached into the glove compartment and pulled out a photo.

“That’s the band, “he said, handing it to me. I put my hand over my mouth.

“You were in a band?” I asked, looking over at him. “Before My Chem, I mean.”

“My Chem, “he asked in an amused fashion. “Yes, though, I was in a band. More importantly, I was the lead singer and guitarist.”

“Oh, “I said, feeling bad for insulting him. “I’m sorry. I’m just really not used to that.”

“It’s alright, “he said, laughing.

“Yeah…”I said awkwardly.

“So, explain, “he said suddenly.

“Explain what, “I asked.

“You told me that you would explain everything later, “he said.

“Oh, that. Okay, well, we may or may not be together, “I said, referring to Gerard and myself.

“May or may not be?” He asked.

“Yeah, it’s not exactly official. The other night, it was just like something clicked though, “I said, trying to explain what I meant. He looked over at me.

“When did this happen?” He asked, sounding kind of concerned.

“Friday night, “I said.

“Oh, “he said, suddenly seeming extremely focused on the road.

“What, “I asked him, noticing the upset in his voice.

“Nothing, “he said, smiling at me. “Let’s go watch a movie.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please... (: