We've Got More Than We Know

Welcome Home

“Welcome home Emma Grant,” I smiled down at our baby girl that was securely tucked in my arms, all wrapped up in a pink blanket.

“Her first time seeing our house,” Josh grinned while kissing my cheek, then that of our sleeping baby, before leading us inside.

Josh sat down on the couch and gently pulled me down on his lap. He wrapped his arms around me and our baby while resting his head on my shoulder.

So as you probably figured out, Josh and I now have a baby girl. We’ve been happily married for a little over a year but Josh really wanted to have a baby, so we did. He’s the sweetest husband. All through my pregnancy he was a little sweetheart; always rubbing my back, asking me what I needed, giving me kisses, telling me how cute I looked. That guy is amazing. I love him so much and I love being married to my best friend…besides Kylee of course.

Speaking of that girl, her and her Tanny are still together. of course. They’re a cute little couple but still not married yet. Whatever, if they’re not ready that’s their decision and I’m totally supportive either way.

Just then, Emma woke up and started crying her baby cry. I was about to get up and bounce her around but Josh was up faster than I could even think. He took Emma from me and held her securely up against his chest while walking around and gently bouncing her.

“Josh, I could have done that,” I told him.

“You’re tired sweetie. You need a break, I mean, you just had a baby two days ago,” He sweetly replied.

“But I’m okay. You’ve been awake more than I have!” I battled.

“I didn’t have to have the baby though. That’s a lot of work,” He countered while sending me a smile. “You just lay down on the couch and take a nap, I’ve got Emma.”

“I don’t want to go to sleep, I want to watch you be adorable with our baby girl,” I smiled as her cried stopped.

He sat back down next to me but still cradled Emma in his arms. Josh took her pacifier and gently put it in her mouth as she started sucking on it while her caramel eyes that mirrored Josh’s gazed up at him.

“She’s so beautiful just like her mommy,” He blissfully sighed while gently smoothing down her hair. “She looks just like you.”

“Emma has your beautiful eyes though,” I replied while snuggling up next to him and our baby and laying my head on his shoulder while smiling down at Emma.

She’s such a good little baby. She doesn’t really cry all that much, usually when she wakes up or she’s hungry. Emma’s so adorable though, I know all parents say that but…she is! I love our baby girl.

You have not seen cute until you see Josh holding our daughter. I love seeing tough guys with babies. But there’s just something about seeing my tatted up, metal mulisha, motocross, ‘tough guy’ husband holding that bundle of pink blankets in those strong, tattooed arms. Now that’s adorable.

It’s super cute when Josh is comforting her and cooing to her, it’s adorable. She knows her daddy too. Someone can be holding her and she could start crying but the second Josh takes her, she immediately stops crying. I think she feels comfortable and safe like I do when in Josh’s arms.

“I love her,” Josh sighed happily.

“I love her too. You’re such a good daddy,” I smiled while leaning up and kissing his cheek, then kissed Emma’s forehead.

“You’re an amazing mommy. Thank you for giving me such a beautiful daughter,” He said while planting a kiss on my lips.

“I couldn’t have done it without you,” I replied with a giggle.

“I can’t wait to take her to the race this weekend,” Josh beamed.

“Josh,” I said through a laugh. “She can’t go the race this weekend.”

“Why not?” He questioned.

“You can’t take a baby that’s only a week old to a motocross race! It’s way too noisy and she could get sick,” I told him.

“I don’t want to go without my two favorite people though,” Josh pouted so cutely.

“We’ll be watching Daddy on TV though, won’t we Emma,” I smiled while poking her tummy, making her coo. “We can probably take her in a month or so, if we’re careful.”

“I can’t wait to show her off to everyone,” He grinned.

“Josh,” I shot at him through a laugh.

“Well it’s true. She’s so cute, I want to show her to everyone,” Josh beamed. I can’t get mad at him for that; I find it so cute that he’s such a proud father.

“I love my EG and my JG,” I said while taking Emma out of Josh’s arms and holding her up against my chest as her eyes started to slowly close.

“I love my EG and my KG. My two best friends and the two people I love more than anyone else in the world,” Josh beamed while putting his arms around the two of us and pulling me and subsequently Emma up against his chest.

I let out a yawn as Emma blinked slowly but never opened up again. I saw Josh smiled down at us and let out a soft chuckle.

“It looks like both of my girls are tired,” He whispered.

“Okay, I am kind of,” I admitted.

“Go to sleep honey,” He said.

“I think I might take a nap,” I told him while laying my head on his chest.

Josh laid back on the couch and I laid on top of him with Emma and Josh held both of us. He left a kiss on Emma’s head first and then mine. I kissed Emma softly as well and I went to give Josh a kiss too but his eyelids were closed. Aw, both my babies are sleeping. I reached up and left a gentle kiss on his nose anyway.

I’m sure people will stop by tonight to see Emma, I’m sure Kylee and Tanner will but for right now I’m enjoying having my little nap with my two babies and I couldn’t be any happier.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whhooo sequel! you guys should comment!

The Grants!