Status: Active Again (:

Two Souls Intertwined

Chapter 7

Kaito stopped swinging the zanpakuto then and stood up straight before saying, “You’re in your inner world now, so injuries from the real world don’t affect you here."

Yuna looked up at him when he was talking and stole one last look at her wrist before drawing out her zanpakuto, getting into a fighting position. Her confidence was back and a very determined look came on her face.

"Ready to play?" She asked with a small smirk then.

Kaito chuckled a bit to himself and got back into his original position.

"Always, my dear, always." He responded before launching himself at her.

Their swords met as she defended his attack and they both had combative smiles on their faces. Breaking apart, their swords quickly met once again when Yuna took the offense. This continued for about an hour or so until Yuna finally, somehow, got the advantage. Stepping onto his sword that had been driven into the floor from missing it's mark, Yuna was now at least at average height compared to the shocked Kaito with her sword aimed straight between his eyes. He then backed away with a laugh, but Yuna was in no laughing mood. She was tired, exhausted even.

"You've gotten stronger already, Yuna..." Her zanpakuto then said with full sincerity.

She suddenly dropped her competitive edge then and would've have fallen to the floor from over-exertion if Kaito hadn't quickly caught her.

He smiled down contentedly at his young wielder and said softly, "You did well, Yuna. You may end up better than me just yet. You just wait."

******************************************************************************

Yuna awoke back on the boulder she was sitting on from before and felt surprisingly much better, even peppy. She took off then towards where her squad was training for the afternoon with a new attitude. It didn't take her, but five seconds with her flash step.

"Father! Er- uh- I mean- Captain Ukitake!" She exclaimed once she had gotten to the other training grounds.

Everyone stared at her in confusion and her father told everyone to take a break.

"Yuna, are you alright?" He asked, once everyone had gone off a little ways away from them.

Yuna nodded and said, "Yes, father, I feel practically brand new now."

She did a little happy twirl afterwards just to prove her point, a delightful smile on her face the whole time.

Her father gave her a genuine smile and said, "That's wonderful, Yuna. But I think someone from the squad would like to talk to you."

His gaze was behind her, over her left shoulder, and she followed it to see an apologetic looking Rukia. Her father then left and it was just them.

"Lieu- Lieutenant Yuna, I'm so sorry, I-" Rukia started, but was interrupted when Yuna suddenly gave her a comforting hug.

"I know you meant me no harm, Rukia. We've known each other for years anyways, how could I afford to lose one of my best friends now?" Yuna said, after letting go of her with a small smile on her face.

Rukia gave her a likewise expression and nodded happily.

"Now, uh, let's get back to work!" Yuna added with a slightly nervous giggle.

Rukia's expression brightened even more and she laughed a bit at her friend before getting back into the training. Yuna followed suit next to her father, whom she exchanged knowing looks with. Her father then left to finish other business and Yuna took charge ecstatically.

"Alright, let's go guys, focus! And... Begin!" She yelled energetically and everyone gratefully obliged.

Well, except for a few of course, but she easily whipped them into shape by showing them that she wasn't fooling around.

"You always need more training, guys." She said.

Then suddenly she had pounced onto all of the guys chests with a powerful force and a flash step included, sending them all down to the ground with the wind knocked out of them. She stood next to them afterwards and simply had her eyes closed for a second as she wiped the "dust" off her hands. She could feel the guys' bewildered stares on her though and that's when she lost it. Quickly turning around, she pierced them with a deadly stare, her eyes resembling her true father's.

"Didn't I say you guys should be training?" She asked in a lethal tone.

The guys then scrambled away to the other side of the training grounds and she ran after them yelling, "Just because I have a sprained wrist doesn't mean I can't do the same to you!"

The guys let out yells of terror then as she chased them all around the training grounds, so in the end they got their training, whether they wanted it or not.

******************************************************************************

Miyako watched the training grounds from the roof top of Ukitake's house with amusement, Yuna really was going to be a handful. She then got up from her spot and jumped down to go back inside, she had a lot to think about. Soi Fon had come earlier to present her a opportunity with extreme potential, but she didn't know if it was the right choice. Her choice or just what sounded like the right thing to do. With a sigh, Miyako went to Captain Ukitake to hear what his opinions on the matter were.

******************************************************************************

Getting back from training, Yuna still had energy but not nearly as much as before the training. Those stupid guys who thought they could slack off on her watch had admittedly worn her out a bit, but it was training all of them that had drained her additional energy.

When she got inside her house, her father greeted her happily with a big hug.

"My own daughter as my own little lieutenant!"

Yuna beamed from the response from her father with happiness before giving him a tight squeeze of her own and flash stepping to her room.

"Dinner will be ready in a half hour, Yuna!" He called after her.

Yuna heard him and quickly stripped off her clothing to take a shower. She shaved her legs and everything else while taking it. Then she dried off her body and blow dried her hair, while using a comb to straighten it out. After that, she changed into regular clothes and put on some jewelry. Soul reapers were allowed to wear what they chose as long as they were off duty for the rest of the day or night.

Yuna walked out of her room then and went to the dining hall for dinner. When she walked in the room everyone quieted down a little in respect. Miyako sat next to her on the left side with Rukia following and Kiyone with Sentaro on her father's right side.

"Let us eat." Jushiro then said with a warm smile on his face.

Everyone became silent as they started to eat quietly then. It was a pleasant dinner and everyone was content with their share of food. While Yuna and her father were saying their goodbyes to their fellow squad members as they left, Yuna saw Yumichika and Ikkaku coming towards them. She excitedly excused herself and met them halfway.

"Well, doesn't someone look nice." Ikkaku commented.

Yumichika gave her a tight hug in response and she could feel his tight muscles through his shirt from him holding on a bit too long. When he let go, she had a blush on her face. Then he moved a piece of her hair gently from her face, causing her to turn scarlet.

"Don't go running off like that again by yourself, beauty can be a curse as well, dear." He said then.

She returned to her normal color then and didn't say anything in return.

"Yeah, we were worried about you all night!" Ikkaku exclaimed, making Yuna laugh.

"You?! Worried?!" She said in between laughs.

Ikkaku put her in a headlock then and started to mess with her hair with his free hand. Yuna made noises of protest and quickly shoved him off her.

"Ya, little brat! I was worried sick over you and all you do is laugh?! A little appreciation and an apology would've been nice!" He exclaimed

Yuna stuck her tongue out at him with her eyes closed and arms crossed. Ikkaku came at her again then, but Yumichika tripped him and he ended up doing a face plant to the ground. When they made eye contact, he gave her a wink and her blush returned along with her shyness. Suddenly though, she was pushed forward by a muscular arm putting itself on top of her neck.

"So I heard someone led training today!" Renji's voice exclaimed next to her.

Yuna elbowed Renji in the ribs and he gasped, letting her go.

"Yep!" Yuna replied afterwards, happily, Ikkaku quickly got up then and Yumichika rolled his eyes with an amused smile on his face.

"Looks like you're moving up fast, you're almost up there with us, guys." Ikkaku said with a proud grin on his face and arms crossed.

Yuna held down her right eye and stuck out her tongue again quickly in response.

Not paying enough attention to him, Yumichika didn't expect Ikkaku to tackle Yuna to the ground so fast. Before she went down though, she got a good shot to his stomach with her right knee. He grunted, but pinned her down regardless.

"Jerk." She exhaled.

Ikkaku was grinning like a mad man though, causing Yuna's blush to return again.

"Alright, Madarame, time to get off the pretty, noble girl." Renji said, while helping Yumichika get Ikkaku off Yuna.

Yuna sat up then and Yumichika helped her up as well. But then he threw her over his shoulder, causing her to scream.

"Ah, Yumichika! Put me down!" She exclaimed, pounding him with her tiny fists and little feet.

"No, can do, Yuna. We're taking you out to the human world with us to have an actual good time with us tonight." Renji replied.

"You're coming with us, beauty." Yumichika said then before smacking her butt.

"Ow! Hey, that hurt!" Yuna exclaimed, beating him again.

Yumichika chuckled and said, "I always say beauty is pain."

A senkai gate opened in front of them then and they started walking towards it, Yuna still on Yumichika's shoulder.

"Hey, wait! Who else is coming with us? And where are we going exactly?!" Yuna exclaimed, as they kept walking.

"You'll find out soon enough, love." Yumichika replied as they walked through with another chuckle.