Status: In progress; still writing.

Just Be You

Chapter One

I keep hearing it about us. I don't care what they say about us. I'm tired of them talking about us. Saying we'd be the perfect couple, we're so a like, and cute together. "Finally, she got a boyfriend.” they say as they hear about me and you. Everyone thinks it's great and going well, when the truth is something way beyond what they believe. The truth is there's nothing there for me. It's different for you for some odd reason. Your infatuated with me, you think I'm the perfect girl. I'm flattered, but I’m tired of the constant compliments. I don't want you to think I'm perfect; I just want you to see beyond my flaws. The problem is you don't believe I have any flaws at all; you've set it in your brain that I'm amazing and always right. No one knows the truth. Not even you. I'm playing my part in this charade.

***************************

Buzz, buzz, buzz!

“Ugh!” I moan as I roll around in my bed searching blindly for the source of noise that awoke me. I found my Nokia Surge and attacked it to shut it up. I knew who would be texting me at 6:30 in the morning before school and I really didn’t want to answer. I hate when you do this to me John, I thought to myself. You know I like my sleep!

As I tried to fall back asleep for the half an hour I had left before I had to actually start getting ready for school; I thought about it all. How after Semi Formal my life became something I’d rather not be a part of sometimes. I wonder if I made the right decision. Everyone else seemed to think so, especially Caitlyn. She’s in love with the idea of me being “in love”. Which is funny because I don’t feel that way with John, no one knows it though. Not even my closest friend Clarissa. She’s actually jealous of me now having a boyfriend. If only she knew, I thought.

“You and I walk a fragile line; I have known it all this time.”

It felt like I had only fallen asleep for five minutes before it was 7 o’clock. And it probably has been only five minutes. Waking up to Taylor Swift though can make any day seem like it would be a good one. As I finally got up and out of bed I thought about the long day ahead. I have school, volleyball, then soccer practice and soccer with dad. Ugh, I sense Advil when I finally get home later. I tried to put this all from my mind as I got into my dark grey dress pants from Dynamite, my white long sleeve shirt, and my school’s uniform black vest. I don’t hate the uniform, but some colour would be lovely people, I state to myself. Other than that Holy Trinity High school is alright. I was enjoying my first year of high school. Or I was before I started dating Jonny. Everything changed then. No time to think about that now, Elizabeth, I reminded myself.

In the next twenty minutes I had eaten a great big bowl of life; otherwise known as Fruit Loops, brushed my teeth, washed my face, and did my hair and make-up. My winter jacket, boots, and gloves were put on and I grabbed my backpack as I tried to remember if I was forgetting anything. I have my homework, my phone, and my volleyball stuff. I think I’m good. I was just about to walk to Nicole’s house so her dad could drive us to school when I remembered I had to wake up my brother. Crap, I almost forgot! “Anthony! It’s time to get up, I’m leaving!” I yelled upstairs. I heard some mumbling from his room so I figured he had heard me and was, hopefully, in the process of getting out of bed. “Bye!” I shouted as I stepped out my front door and into the frigid winter air. Did I mention that today was going to be a long day yet?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure if this is solid or not.

It's my first story in a while, and I mean a while !

So; please comment !

<3