Status: Migth be more, depends on response.

W and Vamp

Erik

Taika stared in amazement. The man was apparently doing what she had intended to do, preparing tea…

The man had his back to her and seemed to be oblivious of her presence. Taika took a deep breath before she backed out into the hallway again, ready to turn and bolt at any moment.

Then totally unexpectedly the doorbell rang. Taika ran for the door and pulled it open.

“Your father is going to work late again.” The woman outside was her father’s secretary, Anne. A bright woman in her late thirties that often brought this very message. “He’s really sorry about it, considering the circumstances…” Anne’s eyes suddenly widened.

“And who are you?”

Taika looked behind herself and there was the man.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to startle you. My name is Erik Aalto. I am Adele’s lawyer and I was just filling Taika inn on her grandmothers will.”

“I didn’t know that you had a meeting. Are you sure everything is okay Taika?”

Taika nodded. She was terrified, but the mentioning her grandmother had made her interested. Besides, he actually locked like a lawyer.

The secretary looked like she wanted to pursue the matter but instead she handed over a box of Chinese takeaway. “Here and I’m so sorry. If you need anything just give me a call Taika. Farewell.”

As soon as the door was closed Taika turned, one hand still on the door handle.

“Tell me who you are right now, or I’m going with Anne.”

“I told the truth, I’m here about your grandmothers will.” He reached inside his jacket and withdrew a folded piece of paper and a passport.

He handed them to Taika who in exchange gave him the takeaway.

She first checked the passport. It was Finish and the photo of Erik Aalto and name all fitted the man in front of her. Then she unfolded the paper. It smelled odd and was covered in thin handwriting. Just like the Christmas cards she used to receive.

“Okay. I believe you.” Taika let go of the door and went back to the kitchen, still holding on to the note.

“I can’t read this, it’s in Finish.”

Erik smiled.

“I believe that you will master it soon enough.”

Erik still smiled, and Taika found it very unsettling. But she didn’t know why, or at least until she noticed his fangs.

She hardly managed to think that she should scream before she felt the fangs pierce her skin and everything turned blurry.