Breaking Cereza

002

I woke up Monday morning in a mess of thoughts, tangling my hangover, making it worse. The covers kicked off me easily; I stood and looked around my room. It was damaged, that was no lie. Last night brought me great fortune, if you catch my drift.

‘Fuck,’ I yelled, completely uninterested in cleaning up the shit that laid everywhere. My closet door hung open, my clothes spilling out. A cropped white shirt caught my eye; I threw it on along with some low-rise black skinny jeans. I slipped on my ankle boots and kicked shut the closet door.

Downstairs I opted not to eat breakfast; food and I did not get along to well back in the day. When I was younger, to say I was skinny was the lie of the century. I had some major fat rolls, and I was teased for it mercilessly. Of course, that was when I lived in Arizona. As soon as I was 15 I forced my family to move to NYC, they didn’t really mind though. I was home schooled for a year; shedding off all the access fat that clung to me. Now, well now, my body was in great shape, all thanks to my treadmill.

The door to the house shook behind me when I slammed it shut, laughing at the picture frames I heard fall from the painted walls. My jeep stood in the distance, staring me in the eye. I climbed in the door and pulled it close tightly behind me, liking the sound it made.

Immediately my radio came on, blasting Florence + the Machine, I smiled. Betsey, my car, drove smoothly and I thanked her for it. My friends thought I was psychotic for naming her, I don’t necessarily disagree with that logic.

I drove to Anabel’s house, my beta. As always, she was waiting for me outside her house, looking hot as always; I smirked.

“Sup whore?” Ana yelled down her driveway, walking slowly to my car she chucked her cigarette into her neighbors lawn.

I ignored her comment and lit a cigarette of my own, realizing I hated the taste of a cigarette in the morning. Deciding not to waste it, I kept it popped in my mouth, taking small drags.

“Are we going to the rave tonight?” Ana asked, throwing her feet across the dash. I glanced over at her, tossing her my cigarette, unable to finish it.

“Hell yeah bro, this one will be damn good.” I replied casually, scratching my neck with my razor sharp claws.

“You should really get a manicure…” she muttered, looking out the window. Anabel’s long brown hair hung loosely in waves around her shoulders; I admired her beauty.

“Don’t worry about it.” I snapped, focusing on the road.

Robinsdale high school was rather large, accustoming to about 5000 kids. There were so many stereotypes; I didn’t bother to focus on them. My friends were in an interesting spot; we were popular in different ways.

I was praised, litereally. People loved to kiss my ass and I loved to kick their asses. It was all for my looks and the parties I get into, they needed some class.

The top of the food chain was this bitch whore named Clair, she was evil; I swear. I paid little to no attention to her but she liked stalking me, it was weird.

We pulled into the hectic schoolyard, already losing interest in school. I was bound to ditch most of school today anyways.

“I hate this place.” Anabel said melodramatically, rolling her eyes at the stupid freshman that ran in front of the car.

“Me too.” I responded nonchalantly, filing in my normal parking spot.

Cereza


To my surprise, I didn’t bail school today. I sat through all the shit worth of homework and lectures, and took it. People talked my ear off all day; my irritation level by now was raised high.

“Finally.” I muttered to no one in particular when the final bell rang.

I fled out of school as fast as I could, barley remembering to bring my backpack. Screaming voices could be heard in the background from the noisy freshmen. My car looked like heaven when I walked up to it. After a long day of boring shit being in my car was a blessing.

My car lit up when I pressed the unlock button, coming to life. I slipped in the driver’s seat and plugged my key into the ignition, laughing at the loud noise my car makes when turned on.

The horizon was clear above me, the sunroof proving that for me. I gazed at the darkening skies and continued on my drive home, ready to party.

When I arrived home about 5 minutes later I noticed my parents car in the driveway. My parents hadn’t been home in nearly 4 months, and weren’t supposed to ever come back. Why they were here I didn’t know, but I was worried.

I slowly exited my car, dreading the encounter that lied before me. Hopefully my parents hadn’t raided my room yet because… well, I would probably be going to rehab if they did.

The front door opened to reveal my parents, looking unhappy. I frowned at them and tried to push past, without a hello. This didn’t work, clearly.

“Cereza, we need to talk.” My mother Ruth said harshly.
“Kay, whatever let me hear it.” I said uninterested.

“You’ve been slacking off at school, going to parties, doing drugs, drinking. Yes we know all about this Cereza, one of your little friends called and told us. Therefore we are sending you to a school in California, where you will go to school and come home from school. No parties, no nothing. This is punishment.”

“WHAT?!” I yelled, “Who the fuck told you that? There is no way in hell that I’m going to fucking California.”
“Who told us is irrelevant, you’re going tomorrow and that’s that.” My father said brutally, taking my mother by the arm and tugging her into the other room. “Pack your bags, please.” He called over his shoulder.

I scuffed, kicked the door shut behind me and stomped up the stairs. My room was untouched, thankfully. I immediately walked over to my bed and pulled the locked chest from under it, unlocking it and pulling out a nug of Kush. I grabbed my bowl from next to it, opened the window and lit up. Ready for this all to go away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, I feel like a bitch. I haven't updated anything in almost two months! I seriously have not felt like writing at all. But, since it's a four day weekend I thought.. perfect opportunity! I started writing this chapter a month ago, just finished it up! I'm kinda loving this story already. And I don't know if this will be a Nick Jonas fan fiction or not, definitely not sure... although I would like it to be! Just depends on what I'm feeling and shit.

But, an update on life... Life is goddamned great.. when I'm not at home at least. So, I love you guys and thank you for being patient with me(:

Xoxo,
Megg