Status: Complete. Sad...

He Who Walks Among Roses

Tribus- Dreaming

Sitting in an old run down apartment was Evalin. She was at a table held together by duck tape. It was her old home. How did she get back here... She touched her skin, it was cold. Someone had left a window open. Weird. The windows were barred shut. She turned to face the door and there she saw Murphy. He was in the hallway outside of the apartment.
"Murphy" She called. He didn't move, only looked at her.
"Hey Murphy, please help me!" Still no reaction. Then the door shut, and from behind it came Dalin, the man she had run from, she had fled from his grasp only to be found later. She knew there wasn't going to be any chance for her. He would rape her, then kill her, maybe not in that order, but thats what was in store for Evalin. She fought his grasp, and with her hair tangled in his fingers be bent down and whispered,
"You have no where to be. Not here, not anywhere, except hell." He kissed her neck then bit down on her ear. And in his arms she was naked while he stood strong and powerful. She was helpless and weak.
"Murphy-..." she murmured once more. Still no answer. And as she lay naked and defiled on the linoleum floor she waited, she waited for sweet death to enter her mind. Then he started to shake her.
________________________________________________________________________

"EVALIN! Wake the fuck up!"
"Huh.. what?!" It was Murphy.
"I was about to slap the shit out of your face!"
"Sorry, deep sleep I guess, what are you doing here?"
"You were yelling my name. Wanna tell me why?"
"Well you were in my dream, I- You- You were outside my hold house, and I tried to call you but you didn't seem to hear me, then the door shut and.. then you were gone, I was alone."
"It seems you don't really like to be alone then huh?"
"I... Well. I'm actually used to spending time by myself, Its what I fear facing alone thats the problem."
"Well- what-" Murphy tried to stifle a question.
"I dont know why I'm telling you this, I'm fine, just a bad dream from my past. But its the past now, it's okay."
"Really are all these part of your past?" He gestured to the scars that riddle her body. The cuts on her face, the burns on her chest and legs, the defensive wounds on her arms, her knees, and the lines on her back from a cracked whip. She was laying in her bed trying to sleep, and with little clothing they were hard to hide. She didn't think anyone would come in here, she definitely didn't think she's yell for anyone while she was asleep.
"Tell me about these?" he touched a mark above her left breast. It was a burn mark.
"My-My- Ex. He was trading cast Iron with the Yakavettas. They were branding cattle that day and when he learned how easy it was to heat the iron he decided to take it home and show me how... how-" Evalin's throat was swollen now, she couldn't get anymore words out.
"He burned you? And it wasn't an accident?" He asked.
"Uhm. No. No accident." This was the first time Evalin had told someone of the terror she's faced.
"Well glad you left that fucker, or I'd have to have him killed!"
"Yeah, glad."
"You did leave him righhh'?"
"Uh- Yes, I did. I walked out one day. Where are the others? Its late, I uh. forgot. There's Docs room. Someone can sleep there, theres a futon in the rec room and theres a pull-out couch in the office. Theres a bed for everyone. Yes, we know. Connor called the rec room, Romeo's in Doc's bed now and I got stuck with the sofa.
"I'm sorry, its actually quite the uncomfortable bed." Evalin said.
"I know, thats how I heard you, I couldn't sleep."
"Why are you being so nice, I mean, you don't know me. For all you know I could be a gold digger with a heart of stone."
"Are you?"
"Well no."
"oh thank God." Murphy smiled and then went back to the office to salvage some sleep.
"Wait," She got out of bed and turned around. "Here, sleep here, I have something to do. Just sleep for the next two hours then come down and eat some breakfast."
"No- I can't Its your bed."
"Well its vacant right now." Murphy caught himself staring at her arms that were covered in deep purple scars. Defensive wounds, from shielding your face and neck from and attacker.
"It wasn't long ago was it?" he asked.
"Since what?"
"Since you left him."
"I was his prisoner for four years. I'm barely twenty-one. We met in High school, and we dated before he was in a gang."
"What did this man do to you?!" Murphy asked shocked.
"Everything." She replied. Once again Evalin left the room in tears and went downstairs. She was going to work out paying some bills and make breakfast for these boys for coming to Doc's aid so quickly. They really did seem like angels.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm loving writing this series. Please leave helpful criticism or praise, thanks! Sorry this is a shorty, I will write a longer one later today. And I hope that the fact that Evie's past is so dark doesn't bother ya'll.