The Demon Princess and the Vampire Princes

Chapter IX

Chapter IX
This Means War


“So, tell me about your brother,” I say, hanging upside down from the ceiling.

“Alright, he’s cocky.”

“Just like you.”

He grimaces, rolling his eyes at me. “He’s the heir to the Vampire throne. He’s been gone trying to persuade the King of Hell to not strike war against us for a couple months now.”

“He did not succeed,” I grumble, crossing my arms over my chest to keep my shirt from showing too much, “The King is not a peacemaker. It is his way, or you die. I am shocked that he did not simply behead your brother.”

I jump down from the ceiling, sitting down on the bed as he opened his mouth to ask a question, “How are you able to hang on the ceiling?”

“It is a skill. We have no soul, therefore we are not bound to the laws this world has created.”

“Everybody has a soul.”

“Except for Demons.”

“Alright, so, lets just say you don’t have a soul. I know you have a heart.”

In the blink of an eye I was in his face, growling, “You don’t the first thing about me.”

“Are you guys gonna kiss?” Abel asks, walking into the room with Blaze’s way-too-big clothes on him.

“No,” I growl, picking back up the book that had fallen onto the floor.

“Umm … Nix?”

“Hmm?”

“Why is your hand sizzling?” Abel asks, his eyes wide.

I look down at my hand which held the book, and dropped it, hissing. “The bible,” I growl, jumping across the room.

“I thought you said that you could handle that stuff,” Blaze says confusedly.

“That was seven years ago. I never touched it. That is like committing suicide!” I growl, “Get rid of it!

“Okay.” Abel shrugs, grabbing the book and throwing it toward the window. Sadly, I was near the window. My hand flew up as an automatic reflex, burning the book into ashes as it fell on the floor. Water suddenly flooded the room, and I tried my best to stay away.

“What do we have here?” I’m guessing that was Kenton, Blaze’s older brother. I only glanced at him to see the relation. Dark black hair, midnight blue eyes, pale and strong features. It was really any wonder how humans never spotted them, or figured it out. “And who is this lovely lady?”

“Phoenix Seraphina,” I say, rolling my eyes. I cross my arms over my chest, glancing at Abel. I remembered what Tobias told me if anyone ever asked where I came from. That could explain Abel, right? “Abel, go wait in your room. I’ll be with you in a minute.”

He looked at me with wide brown eyes, nodding. He quickly scurries across the hall, closing and locking the room door. Smart.

“Who’s the kid?”

Blaze glances at me, obviously thinking that I shouldn’t have drawn attention to him. “My son,” I lie with ease.

“You named your kid Abel?”

“Whatever,” I say, glaring at him, “I do not have to explain myself to you.

“As future King, I think you do.”

“I would advise that you do not question me. You will regret it.”

“Are you threatening me?”

“Maybe.” I smirk. I could see his fury as his ego slowly got smaller.

“And on what grounds?”

I open my mouth to say, “Oh the grounds that I’m Princess of Hell.” — only to snap it shut, and grit my teeth in frustration. “I am going to check on Abel.”

ღ ☮ ♥ ♥ ☮ ღ

I stayed with Abel in his room all day long. I played video games, watching as he kicked my butt yet again. I smile as he does his little “happy dance”, rolling my eyes occasionally.

“You guys okay?” Blaze asks, poking his head in.

“Shh! I’m busy kicking Nix’s butt!” Abel says, grinning before focusing on the game on the TV screen, “Nix, are you even trying?”

“Oh, yes,” I say absentmindedly, holding the book upside down as I read. The game controller laid right beside me, completely untouched at the moment.

“I thought you couldn’t read,” Blaze says teasingly, standing next to me as I hung upside down on the ceiling.

“Nix can read upside down. Then she can repeat everything word-for-word in the correct way.”

“Demons write and read upside down. Watch.” I jump off the ceiling, landing with a “humph” as I hit the bed. I grab a pen and piece of paper, already beginning to write quickly.

“I can’t read this,” Blaze says, staring at the piece of paper confusedly. I flip it over so that it was upside down in his hands, and he smirked. “Cool.”

“More like annoying.” I roll my eyes, picking up my book. I climb up the walls of Abel’s bedroom, standing on the ceiling.

“You’re like a bad stereotype of Vampires,” Blaze says, rolling his eyes. I roll my own, grimacing slightly.

“Blaze?”

“Yeah?”

“You do know there is a war coming, right?”

“Yeah. The King of Hell is planning war against us. Why?”

“I will have to leave soon.”

“What? Why?!” He looks up at me, startled. Abel was too absorbed in his video game to notice anything, and I was thankful for that.

“I … just have to. It is a rule.” I kept it vague. I didn’t want him to try to find me. He would surely die. Demons showed no mercy during war.

“What rule?”

I growl at him, but he stayed stubborn. I didn’t want to lie to Blaze. He’s always been nice to me, from the very first time we met a month or so ago. I could lie to anyone but him.

“I know your dirty little secret,” Abel says, grinning up at me.

“What?” Blaze asks, looking at him.

“Oh, I can’t tell you.”

Abel!” I hiss, glaring.

“What are you hiding, Phoenix Seraphina?” Crap. He said my name. That means he’s serious.

My phone vibrated in my back pocket, making me whip it out quickly. I don’t bother with checking the caller ID, which would’ve probably been a wise thing to do. “Hello?”

“Phoenix Seraphina!” Tobias sounded frantic. That could mean only one thing: Dad. I fell off the ceiling when the realization hit me. I land right on top of Blaze, making my face get hot with embarrassment as I looked at him.

I grunt, trying to pull away as I said, “What?”

“Where are you?”

“Take a wild guess.”

“You’re with Prince Blaze, aren’t you? Phoenix Seraphina —”

“I am seventeen, Tobias, I make my own choices.”

“Just be sure to get your ass in Hell before the war starts.” I could just picture him rolling his eyes. “And are you sure there’s nothing going on between you two?”

“Yes, I am sure.” I sigh, rolling my eyes. My face heated up even more as Blaze smirked at me. I quickly hung up before Tobias could embarrass me any more than he already had. “I am sorry.”

“For what? Falling on me?”

“Yes, and the … umm … Tobias.”

“Eh, he didn’t really say anything. As for the falling on me, you’re surprisingly light.”

“Are you saying I look fat?” I ask jokingly.

Blaze’s face went beat red as he began stuttering, “Uh-ah n-no. Y-you look sk-skinny. Wait! Wh-what I-I mean is —”

“I was only kidding,” I say, laughing as I rolled my eyes, “But, that was cute.”

His face somehow got even redder. Abel started laughing his head off, pointing at Blaze’s bright red face as he rolled around.

“What are you laughing at?” I ask, kneeling beside him. I started tickling him, making his face go bright red as he laughed uncontrollably. “Now your face looks just like his!”

“Can’t … breathe!” Abel says from in between his laughter. I stop, laughing at him myself. Someone comes behind me, and traps me in their grasp.

“C’mon, Abel, get her!” Blaze says, grinning. Abel immediately starts tickling me, and I burst out laughing.

“I am going to get you for this, Blaze!” I say from in between my laughter.

“Can’t wait.” He grins down at me, joining Abel. They tickle me until my face turned purple. Then they both just sat there, grinning like a couple of idiots.

“That was not fair!” I say, pouting.

“Now it is!” Tyrone yells, jumping on Blaze’s back suddenly.

“Dude, get off,” Blaze says, glaring at his younger brother.

“Nah-uh.”

“I said: Get. Off!” Blaze pushes him down on the ground. Abel comes running out with a Nerf gun, grinning mischievously.

“Sweet! Nerf-gun fight!” Tyrone says, pushing Blaze off. He grabs a gun of his own, and throws another at me.

“Aw, no! Nix is a master shooter!” Abel says, eyes wide with surprise.

“Not as good at me!” Blaze says, grinnng.

“I call Sarah!” Tyrone says, standing beside me, “FIVE MINUTES TO BUILD FORTS!”

Tyrone nearly drags me outside of the room before realization hit him, and he shoves me back in. “I am fine,” I say, stepping outside, and into the bright sunlight. “See?”

“What are you guys doing?” Kenton asks, staring at us oddly.

“Having a Nerf gun WAR!!!” Tyrone says excitedly, “YOU SHOULD TOTALLY JOIN OUR SIDE!!!”

“Hmm … sounds interesting,” Adam says, smirking, “I’M ON BLAZE’S FUCK-BUDDY’S SIDE!!!”

“What did you just call me?” I ask, hands on hips as I glared.

“A fuck-buddy.”

“Uh-oh,” Blaze says. I walk over to Adam, slapping him across the face angrily.

“I am nobody’s little sex toy,” I growl. Adam rubs his cheek, glaring at me with hatred.

“I change my mind, I’m on Blaze’s side.”

“Give them a gun, Abel,” I say, smirking, “I am going to enjoy this.”

ღ ☮ ♥ ♥ ☮ ღ

Kenton, Tyrone, and I were all on the same team. To be honest, Tyrone was horrible! He was the first one shot. Next was Kenton, leaving everything up to me. Abel was out, leaving Blaze and Adam up for the kill. I was using my Demon-given talent of being able to hang from ceilings to my advantage. They wouldn’t see it coming.

I saw Blaze and Adam coming in, back-to-back, looking around for me. I was aiming my gun, preparing to shoot them both, until I heard what they were saying.

“So, dude, how is she?” Adam asks, smirking.

“What do you mean?” Blaze asks, completely serious about defeating me.

“I mean, how good is she a fuck?”

I grimace, preparing to shoot Adam. Then I heard Blaze start to defend me. “Dude, she’s not a sex toy.”

“Are you blind?”

“No.”

“So, you have checked her out.”

“Alright, I have. So what? Pixie’s different from the others.”

A smile creeps up on my face, but I bite my lip to hide it. I shoot Adam, and he’s down. I smirk, dropping down from the high ballroom ceiling.

“I should’ve known,” Blaze says, rolling his eyes.

“Yeah, I mean, it was not like I was hiding.”

“WHERE DID YOU COME FROM?!!!” Adam yells, shocked.

“From my mogher’s womb, duh,” I say sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

He grimaced. “Sorry I asked.”

Blaze chuckles, and I put my focus back on him. “You know I am faster than you.”

“I beg to differ. There’s never been a test down.”

“There does not need to be one. Everyone knows it.”

“I wish I had some popcorn. And a barf bag incase you guys start making-out.”

“This will be over quick,” I say, pulling the trigger on these plastic guns a second before Blaze. I dodged with ease, and shot a few more quickly before he noticed. I got him.

“Dude, you just got shot by your own girlfriend!” Adam yells.

“WHAT?!!! SARAH WON!!!” Tyrone throws a fist in the air happily, running over to me, and picking me up. He twirls me around. He puts me down, and starts dancing.

“If anyone asks, I’m not related to you,” Adam says, flicking his nose. I roll my eyes.

“Is he your brother?” I ask Adam, pointing at the still-dancing Tyrone.

“Yeah.”

I smirk. “Then I guess you are related.”

Adam grumbles, “Smart-ass.”

“Better believe it.”

“I love you, too, bro!” Tyrone says, hugging Adam.

“Let. Go,” Adam growls. Tyrone quickly lets go, taking a few steps back.

Abel yawns loudly, making everyone look at him. “Tired?” I ask, looking at him. He nods, running over to me so that I’ll pick him up. I complied, letting him lean his head on my shoulder. “I better take him to bed.”

I start walking, Blaze following steadily behind me. “Big day, huh, buddy?”

Abel nodded his head tiredly, yawning. I scrunch up my nose, smelling his breath. “When we get to the room, you are brushing your teeth. Alright?” Abel nods again tiredly.

ღ ☮ ♥ ♥ ☮ ღ

“WAKE UP!!!” Tyrone yells in my ear, jumping onto my bed.

I sit up grouchily. “Boo,” I say simply, falling back.

“Hey, Princess, wake up!” Abel says, jumping on top of me.

I sit up again, saying for the second time within five minutes, “Boo.”

“If you don’t wake up, Pixie, then I’ll have to change you into that bikini.” I could hear the smirk in Blaze’s voice, and I knew he was serious. I jumped out of bed, my eyes searching around the room for him. He leaned against the doorframe, smirking like I had predicted. “Tyrone bought you a normal bathing suit. Get changed.”

“No.”

“Oh, and why not?”

“Because I told you.”

“I’ll teach you how to swim,” Blaze says, rolling his eyes, “Now, go get changed before I make you.”

“NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN!!!” Tyrone says, covering Abel’s eyes. “Your swimsuit’s in the brown bag. I made sure Blaze didn’t buy a slutty one.”

“Thank you.” I grab the brown bag, and walked into the bathroom attached to my bedroom.

“Oh, by the way, we kinda guessed on your size!”

“Oh well!”

ღ ☮ ♥ ♥ ☮ ღ

There was two choices in that brown bag. A skimpy two-piece that I’m sure Blaze snuck under Tyrone’s innocent nose, and a not-so-revealing one-piece. I decided to have some fun and get my revenge, so I’m wearing was the obviously-too-revealing two piece.

I smirked as I walked outside of the bathroom, and watched with amusement as the boys’ jaws nearly hit the floor. Priceless.

As of right now, Tyrone was teaching Abel how to swim, and Blaze was trying to convince me to get in the pool. Kenton and Adam watched as we argued with obvious amusement.

“Just get in the pool, Pixie.”

“Nope.”

“I’ll throw you in if you don’t go peacefully.”

“Ha, you wish.”

“WHAT IS SO BAD ABOUT THE DANG WATER?!!!”

I smirk. “Blaze, your horns are showing.”

“What?”

While he was momentarily distracted, I shoved him into the water. Of course that back-fired as Blaze wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me in with him. “I hate you, Blaze, I hope you know that.”

“C’mon, it was fun.” He grins at me. I roll my eyes at him, and hop out of the pool. “Pixie, don’t be like that.”

“I have to go.”

“Pixie.” He was right in front of me, dripping wet from head to toe. “Where are you going?”

“Hunting.”

“Oh. Okay. See yah later, I guess.” He steps to the side, letting me through.

I smile. Blaze trusted me so much. He really shouldn’t. I walk just toward the door, and then I stopped. I quickly check myself over, making sure that everything was how it was supposed to be. Now that I thought about it, that was kind of fun.

I smirk as I see Blaze standing at the edge of the pool. I ran like lightning toward him, and he turned around just before I got him. He wrapped his arms around me as I pushed us into the pool. We stayed under for a few minutes, holding our breathes, and grinning at each other. He pulled me closer, and kissed me. I smile, having that familiar feeling of fiery ice. When we pulled away, we resurfaced, grinning like idiots at each other. I really do think that I might like him, but I could never admit that to anyone.

“Did you change your mind?” I grinned, nodding.

“Hey, Nix, how long can a Vampire hold his breath under water?” Abel asks, swimming over to me.

“Three days before they have to resurface,” I say automatically.

“Wow, cool!”

“How do you know that?” Kenton asks, raising an eyebrow.

“My friend told me. He likes to push the limits,” I say sheepishly, “He kind of wondered the same thing, and then he found a Vampire … lets leave it at that.”

“What happened?”

“The Vampire went mad.”

“What about me?” Abel asks curiously.

“If you practice enough, then maybe five minutes.”

“Dang.”

“Yep.”

“And what about you?” Blaze asks, smirking.

“I dunno. I never tried.” I shrug. Blaze smirks mischievously, and I knew what he was thinking. “No.”

“Aw, come on!”

“No. I will not be treated like a lab mouse for your amusement.”

“You’re not a lab rat.” Blaze rolls his eyes, but his smirk wouldn’t disappear. “Come on, at least try for like …”

“Eternity?” Adam says, shrugging. I punch his shoulder, making him wince. “What are you?!”

“Umm …” Crap. My mind was blank. I dove right under the water, and held my breath as I sat there. Blaze eventually came down with me, and continously tried to get me to laugh. Eventually he gave that up, and just kissed me. I was starting to wonder if this was part of the “act”, or just for his pure enjoyment. No one was watching us. So, we’re going with pure enjoyment.

ღ ☮ ♥ ♥ ☮ ღ

“So, now what?” Tyrone asks, probably bored out of his mind.

“I have an idea. I know a guy.”

“Get him!” Tyrone says almost immediately.

I roll my eyes, pulling my phone out of my back pocket. I dial the number that I knew by heart, smiling as I hear him pick up. Tobias was like my dad. “What’s up, chic?”

“Just get your good-for-nothing-ass down here,” I say, rolling my eyes.

“On my way.” The door opened, and in walked Tobias with an indifferent expression.

“Tyrone is bored. Entertain him,” I say, rolling my eyes as I smirk.

“Okay, I’ll need some soda, chips, and something to hang upside down on,” Tobias says, counting the things off on his fingers.

“Here you go!” Tyrone says eagerly. Tobias hangs upside down from the bed, and suddenly starts burping. Tyrone was on the floor, laughing his head off nevertheless with Abel.

“Am I done?” Tobias asks indifferently.

“Ask Tyrone,” I say, rolling my eyes, “You are his monkey.”

“Yes! I’ve got a monkey!” Tyrone says, dancing.

“Really, Phoenix Seraphina? You sell me off to this guy?” Tobias asks, raising an eyebrow at me.

“Yep. Pretty much.”

“Go suck someone’s balls.”

“I will when you do.” I smirk back playfully. This was Tobias — he teased everyone around him. He treated me like a sister, not a princess, and I really appreciated it.

“So, what’s next?”

“Burp, monkey, burp!” Tyrone says, grinning.

“I hate you, Phoenix Seraphina, I hope you know that.”

“That is the nicest thing you have ever said to me,” I say, grinning back at him.
♠ ♠ ♠