Sequel: Rookie
Status: Complete!

Shooting Stars

Where'd She Go?

I awoke with a start. My neck instantly hurt. I looked up to see I was in a concrete room. I was lying on a cardboard box with a single pillow. It was rather hard for a pillow; I looked and saw it was just another box with some feathers on it. I looked further around the room and saw a camera that was recording my every move. I also saw two men talking about a thousand yards away from me. I must’ve been in a warehouse of some sort. And I smelled sawdust. I looked behind me and sure enough, there was a saw and sawdust behind me.
The men saw me sitting up and started my way. I wanted to scream, but my throat was so dry, I couldn’t talk.
“Can’t talk, can you, sweetheart?” the one man said. I didn’t do anything in return. I just stared at him to let him know I wasn’t afraid. He laughed.
“She thinks she’s a tough one,” the other man replied with a chuckle.
“Hunny, we’ve had tougher ones than you. Ones that kick and scream, bite and yell, and even worse. We always get what we want.”
That did scare me. The first guy who spoke came closer to me.
“It’s a shame that you were coming from the pool. You must be freezing. What do you say we warm her up, D?”
“I think that sounds like a good idea, M.” I then realized I couldn’t move my legs. They were somehow paralyzed or something.
“Awe, she just realized her legs aren’t going to work. That’ll wear off in a few hours, unfortunately. We have to work quickly now, don’t we D?”
“You bet.” D came and held my arms behind my back as M slid my bikini bottoms down my legs. I just sat there and let him rape me, I knew eventually I would be able to move and get away from these people, but why give them the satisfaction of moving. M didn’t like that I didn’t respond to him raping me. I laid there and did absolutely nothing but stare at the ceiling. M got mad and swore and called me plenty of names. He smacked my face a few times and when he was done, the guys switched spots and D took over. I did exactly the same thing as I did with M with D. He didn’t like it either, but he slapped me more across my stomach than my face. When D finished, they let me lie there and ache. Until today, I had been a virgin. I think I was more concerned about not waiting until marriage then I was about being raped.
A few minutes later, I started to feel my body parts gain strength once again. I still ached like crazy, but at least I could move, painfully.

“We want you to call who ever it was you were with last night. They have to pay to get you back in one piece or alive at that.”
“I’m poor, why do you want people to pay for me?”
“You were staying at the Hilton. You have some kind of money.”
“Did you ever stop to think it was a gift? I can’t afford Motel 6 let alone the Hilton. I won some kind of two day getaway to Chicago. I’m not even from Chicago!”
“Hunny, you have Chicagoan written all over you.”
“Starting with the way you were all tight for us.”
I stopped talking. That didn’t go over real well. They both came over and gave me a good punch or two each. I didn’t cry, though. I stayed tough.
“Hun, you don’t fool us. You want to cry, so just do it. It won’t make you any less of a woman.”
I didn’t show any emotion, once again, and so D came back with a needle. Then everything went black.
“Jackie, where’s Sophie?”
“I don’t know. She never came back from the pool last night. I’m going to try calling Sharpie.” I picked up my cousin’s phone. I looked for Patrick, it wasn’t there, so then I looked under Sharpie and there he was. I dialed his number.
“Hey, Sophie.”
“This is Jackie. Have you seen Sophie since last night?”
“No, last time I saw her was when she was getting in the elevator to go back to your room.”
“That was the last time I saw her too. Would you mind asking the guys? She didn’t come up last night. I thought maybe she was talking to one of you and stayed on the couch or something. But she isn’t here.”
“I’ll ask and call you back after practice. We’ll find her. I’m sure she just went out to get something to eat or something.”
“Thanks, Patrick.” I hung up with him and dialed my newest boyfriend, Jonathon. “Jon, Sophie’s gone.”
“I just heard from Sharp. She’s around the city somewhere. We will find her. I’ll talk to you soon.”