Status: Completed.

Puzzle Pieces

Our Solution

Sleep wasn’t an option for Kate when she went to bed that night. Her roommate had knocked out hours before but she still lies awake with thoughts twisting and turning in her mind. Kate knew that it shouldn’t be a problem, them being together at least. She was an adult wasn’t she?

Glancing over at the clock she noticed it was only four in the morning on a Sunday. Groaning she shoved her head into the pillow trying to rid herself of the conscious world.

Image

Tyler watched as the fresh white cotton like substance fell to rest on the already frozen grass. Grimacing with distaste he huddled his blanket closer. Hot foggy breaths streamed from his mouth as he tried to control his temperature. Winter was the worst, and depression in the winter was the worst possible thing at this moment.

“She was my student. She is a full grown adult now,” he shook of the offending substance that had landed on his head. “What’s the problem then?”

Standing up steadily he shook his blanket off and walked inside form his porch. “We could have a normal relationship. It isn’t like I made a move on her while she was younger.”

As he was about to close the door a figure caught his eye. Turning around he stared shocked at her figure. Kate stood there with blue lips, pink tinted cheeks and windswept hair. Her pajama’s soaked three inches from the bottom and lightly dusted with snow. “K-kate?”

She smiled warmly and walked forward as Tyler held open the door. “I figured you would be awake as well.”

He looked surprised and offered her his blanket. She gratefully took it and sat down on the couch rubbing her arms harshly trying to make the blood flow again. Tyler felt his heart swell and instantly pushed aside its wants. He didn’t want to be disappointed.

“Why did you come here?” he hadn’t meant it to sound harsh but it slipped through his lips that way.

“I’m sorry; do you want me to leave? I just thought that,” she trailed off her cheeks painted pink after they had just finished turning her normal color.

He stared quietly waiting for her to excuse herself from his life like he knew she would. He sat on the couch next to her and stared forward ignoring her presence slightly. A head landed on his lap and he nearly jumped out of his skin. “K-kate?”

She didn’t turn to look at him, “You don’t like the snow do you? Summer is probably your favorite season. I always noticed when I was younger how you would glare outside in the winter and you always seemed excited when school let out for the summer.” She spoke quietly and he just stared at her head waiting for her to speak again.

“I realized that while walking here. That’s why I wanted to try something. I noticed yesterday that you had a fire place,” she turned her head and stared into his eyes.

Sitting up she let her legs fall down and stood up holding a hand out for him. “Come with me,” she softly whispered.

Wordlessly he stood and followed her to where his fireplace blazed uncontrollably and lay down next to her. “Close your eyes and imagine summer,” she hummed placing her head on his stomach.

He closed his eyes and saw himself in the green fields he loved the most. Freshly bloomed flowers outlined the trees and a hint of buzzing bees danced around his head. Soft sharp grass tickled his neck and he smiled. He loved summer.

“Can you see it?” she whispered in his ear.

He nodded and realized that she as next to his head and no longer resting on his stomach. Opening his eyes he could still feel the warmth of summer and smell the grass. “Kate,” he stopped talking when she kissed him.

Not expecting this he jerked away and sat up. Neither of them moved until he turned towards her. Smiling he took her hand from her mouth and wiped the tears that had appeared. “Kate,” his voice was soft. “I can still see it.”

Gasping she jerked her head up and he kissed her. And for the second time that morning he saw summer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I felt like this was kinda sappy. Oh well! xD
My first official completed story! Miracles do exist! Yay!
"Do you believe in miracles?" Just random song lyric's!
Thank you for hosting the contest All_Fun_And_Games I really enjoyed it! :D
Comment!