Status: on hiatus.

Bettering The Bruises

Moving In

Finn’s house was very nice and cute. It was small, but the perfect size for his mother and himself. The living room was my favorite, because the furniture contrasted with each other, but in a way that made you feel at home.

“Well, let me show you your room, girls,” he winked at Emma. “My mom should be home in a little bit; she’s out with Burt right now.”

Emma gripped on tighter to my hand as we walked the up the staircase to his room. It had a queen size bed, with a window near the back. His dresser was by the door, with a closet just next to it. Most of the furniture was brown, and I really did like it.

“You two will be sleeping here,” he pointed to his bed. “And I’ll take the couch downstairs. Make yourselves comfortable, this is now your home.”

“Finn,” I whispered to him. “I thought we agreed I’d take the couch.”

He rolled his eyes. “You really think I’m going to make my girlfriend and her sister sleep on the couch? No, that’s not happening. I’m perfectly content with sleeping there.”

“Well, can’t you at least sleep in here with us?” I asked hopefully. “I have an air mattress at my house that we can sleep on, and then you can have your bed.”

He sighed. “We have one here. I’ll sleep on it next to the bed; does that make you feel better?”

“Yes,” I blushed as he looked down at me lovingly. His arm had been firmly around my waist ever since we stepped into the house, and I loved it. The fact that we were really together - it made me so happy. I pecked him lightly on the lips before helping Emma get her things out.

“Jen,” she called to me. “Where is my coloring book?”

I shuffled through her bag until I found it and her crayons. “Here you go, squirt.”

“Finn?” her voice called to him. He looked surprised at first, but soon smiled at her. “Can I color on your bed?”

He nodded towards her. “Of course you can, Emma.” She hopped up onto his bed happily and began to color away. Her face looking completely focused on exactly what was in front of her.

“You want to go do homework with me downstairs?” he suggested. I nodded quickly as I got my backpack and went happily down the stairs with him.

After about an hour of doing homework, I started to get antsy. “Can we go to bed? I’m really tired, Finn.”

He closed his book promptly. “Sure thing, I’ll get dressed in the bathroom. You go into my room and get dressed.”

I did as I was told, but very quietly. Emma had fallen asleep in the process of coloring, and I didn’t want to wake her. She was sprawled out over Finn’s bed, a purple crayon in hand. After putting my clothes on, I curiously looked over to see what she was drawing.

When I looked down, I saw a picture of two people. Two girls to be exact. They were holding hands, in the middle of some grassy place. Names were above the pictures, showing she was drawing us together. I smiled sweetly at the drawing. It was sweet of her to draw something of the two of us.

Finn walked in and closed the door silently behind him. He smiled at me before coming over and kissing my lips softly. “Goodnight, beautiful.”

I blushed. “Goodnight, Finn.” I pecked him once more on the lips before putting Emma’s things on the table, and getting into the bed. I covered her up first though; scared she might get cold during the night. I soon fell asleep, an arm around Emma.

**********

“Come on, Jenna!” Puck’s voice called. “We’re going to be late!”

I ran with him, my hand firmly in his. I found it kind of odd, but sensational at the same time. He smiled widely at me, even through his panic. For some reason I was unaware of - we were late to something.

We then got to huge doors, and that’s when we stopped. He opened the doors promptly and a church appeared. Somebody was getting married, because the room was filled with flowery decorations. Plus, people were dressed elegantly throughout the building.

Everybody was smiling at Puck, who was now walking down the aisle. Puck was getting married! Wait- Puck’s getting married? To who? I turned around, expecting to see some beautiful girl with a white dress, but I saw no one.

My mother was in the crowd, motioning for me to start walking in. A confused expression came across my face as she did this, why was I needed there? I frankly didn’t want to see Puck’s wedding - I was not completely over him.

As I walked in by force, everyone in the alters stood up and smiled at me. I stood there frozen as wedding music began to play. Nervously, I tucked my hair behind my ears - but only to find lacey material meet me. Then I saw my arm, filled with the same material. What the hell was I wearing?

I looked down to see that I was in a white gown. It was absolutely beautiful, and people were staring at me with envy - including Quinn, who was in the church as well. Puck’s smiling face met mine as I looked up. Wait, I was getting married, and not to Finn - but Puck.


I sat up in bed, breathing heavily. A sigh of relief came out of my mouth as I realized it was all a dream. Why would I dream that? It was so - random. I decided to try my best to forget about it.

I turned to the side, to see Emma sleeping just as soundly as before. Finn was cuddled adorably up against the pillow his head was on. The clock also read 3:30 a.m., which meant I had three more hours before I needed to get up.

After tossing and turning for a few minutes, I lifted myself from the bed. I silently got onto the air mattress Finn was on, and cuddled next to him. His body was warm, and made me feel content inside. I never needed more than this - I didn’t need Puck. Even if I did have feelings for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! What did you think of the dream? What did you think of the cute Finn/Jenna moment at the end? Anyway, holy shit. I got so many comments last chapter :D . I'm so estatic about it, thank you all soooo much:
blueskittles
Ava Marie [x2]
onlythegooddieyoung
PlaidDinosaurs
LunaLovegoodq
crayolaurworld
broseph
Softballgirli03
Lauren Loves... ;D
Kaylabelle
Just Exhale
turducken.
You have no idea how much it means to me, so please keep it up :D. Thank you all so much! Also, what team are you guys on? Team Finn or Puck? Also - thinking about doing a sequel to this... what do you think? Any ideas you'd like (it'd be when they are 21 or 22 years old). Anyway, please keep it up, THANK YOU!.