Status: Complete!

The Boy Named Fang

"Sorry You're Stuck in Bed."

"Whoa..." I trailed off, staring at the huge wings that came from Fang's back.

His wings were a dark black, but the feathers held a blue shine that made the black softer. His wingspan had to been at least 12 feet by the way he had to tuck his wings closer to him in the small kitchen.

"They're incredible," I said, never taking my eyes from the glossy feathers. "Do they hurt?"

Fang shrugged, "Not really. They're just like extra arms or legs"

"Wow."

Again, the microwave beeped, but this time I got the pizza out and just handed it to Fang.

"I made two more for you. I'm not sure how much more you'll eat, so if you're still hungry then let me know."

"Thanks."

Fang went back to the table and quickly scarfed down the pizzas while I continued to organize everything that was flying through my head.

When Fang suddenly coughed a little, I looked at him curiously and he looked back.

"I'm fine," he replied, getting up and handing me his empty plates.

"Thanks," I replied, taking them and placing them in the sink.

"Are you sleepy at all?"

"Not really," Fang replied, but the look in his eyes told me otherwise.

I smiled warmly, "Come on."

He silently followed me as I lead him to my room that was unnaturally clean for me.

"You can sleep here as long as you want. I don't have anything I need to do in here, so sleep till you're rested."

Fang nodded shortly before I walked towards my door.

Before I shut it, I looked at Fang questionably. "Is it okay I call my parents? I just want to let them know about you being here. I won't tell them anything else."

"Okay."

I smiled at him, "Alright. Sleep well. If you need anything just call for me."

I closed the door behind me and walked into the living room to flop on the couch and think.

A cute boy shows up on my doorstep and not only is he alive, he's also part bird. This is just crazy!

When I finally got my thoughts together, I got off the couch and picked up the house phone to call my parents. Neither of them picked up, but I understood that with my dad being a doctor and my mom working as a secretary, so I just left them messages and then I went to the television and continued watching whatever happened to be on. But soon I fell asleep with thoughts of the avian boy in my room.

About an hour and a half passed by before I was awoken by the house phone ringing loudly. In a daze, I jumped off the couch and ran to the phone, picking it up to hear my mom's voice on the other side.

She told me that having a guest was fine especially with him being the son of the woman who lived in our house before and that she would be home around dinnertime. After that, we hung up and I decided to check on Fang while I was up.

I slowly opened my door and peered inside to find Fang sprawled on top of my bed. I tried not to giggle as I silently walked over to him, but my smile faded when I saw the pained look on his face as he slept.

I brushed his bangs away from his face and pressed the back of my hand to his forehead, but my hand was so cold that I couldn't gage his temperature. With a blush on my face, I put my forehead against his, but quickly pulled away mostly because I was embarrassed, but his forehead was extremely warm.

"Fang," I said, shaking his shoulder. "Fang."

He groaned in his sleep and turned on his side. "Go away, Max," he murmured, his brow scrunching in the middle.

"Fang. I'm not Max, Fang. Wake up. I need to take your temperature."

His eyes fluttered open finally and he stared at my stomach since it was in his line of vision before he looked up at my face.

"How do you feel?" I asked him, putting my hand on his forehead again.

He coughed, "Like crap."

I frowned, "Hold on. I'll be right back."

Quickly, I ran out of my room to the bathroom and got the thermometer, the phone and a wet wash cloth. I ran back into my room, Fang hadn't moved, and I went back to his side.

"Lay on your back," I ordered.

He obeyed and I put the washcloth on his forehead to take some of the heat out of his head and I hit redial on the phone to call my dad.

"Open your mouth now," I said, pulling the phone away from my mouth and holding the thermometer out to Fang.

Again he listened and I placed the end of the thermometer under his tongue.

"Don't move it until I say so."

Fang nodded just as my dad picked up his phone.

"Dad, I need your help," I said into the phone. "The son of the lady who used to live here showed up and he has a really bad fever right now. I'm taking his temp now, but do we have anything that I can give him to knock the fever out of him?"

I listened to my dad as he explained what I needed to do and where everything was that I would need and then he asked what his temperature was a few moments after the thermometer beeped.

"It's 101.4," I replied, a little panicked at the number.

Again, my dad explained to me exactly what I needed to give him and then he informed me he'd be home as soon as he could.

"Thanks, Dad. See you when you get here. Bye."

I hung up the phone and looked down at Fang.

"My dad is going to look at you when he gets home, but I need to give you some medicine to keep the fever down." I touched Fang's arm, "My dad will probably find out about your wings. He won't tell anyone if I ask him to, but is that okay?"

Fang hesitated to think about it, but eventually nodded. "Okay."

I smiled, "Okay. I'll be right back."

Walking quickly, I got into my parent's medicine cabinet and pulled out the medicine I needed for Fang and I read the dosage realizing that his metabolism had to be extremely high by the way he ate earlier. I immediately went back to my room and sat on my knees next to my bed.

"This stuff is really gross and you'll probably need extra because I'm assuming your metabolism is insanely high. Just hold your nose and take it, okay?"

Fang nodded and I poured him the recommended dose in the small cup that was on the cap. He took it and gave it back so I could pour another dose for him. He took that also and made a face once he took his fingers off his nose.

I giggled, "I told you it was gross."

The corner of his mouth turned up, but it happened so fast it looked like a twitch of his face.

"Now go back to sleep. I'll wake up up when my dad gets here and I'll take care of you. You'll be better before you know it."

Fang kept his gaze on me, not saying a word to what I said, and very slowly he let his eyes shut before he was out like a light.

Once I knew he was asleep, I fanned my face because it was so red after being stared at like that.

"Why do you have to be so attractive?" I muttered under my breath as I flipped over the washcloth on his forehead.

Folding my arms on the side of the bed, I put my chin on my arm and stared at Fang.

"I'm so creepy," I chuckled before turning my head on it's side and looking away. Soon after I too began to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I would have gone longer, but the chapter was already getting REALLY long. I'll try and write another chapter tomorrow depending on what I do tomorrow since it is Sunday. Hope all of you have a wonderful New Year and I hope to see some comments later!

P.S. I'm not too keen on Fax cuz I liked Fang LONG before Max did so that's why I decided to post this. :)