Love Like This

It's Gonna Be A Damn Rough Night

The next five days, Lizz and I went shopping trying to find something for me to wear at her party. Since Lizz was known for dressing her entire band so they didn’t look like complete losers (her bassist actually said that in an interview), I let her do all the looking. I was never much of a shopper. I could be completely happy in sweats and a t-shirt, sitting at home all day or at a business lunch.

I swear, Lizz was magical. She had somehow managed to find a dress that actually gave me curves and didn’t make me look like I had the body of a twelve year old boy. It fit perfectly. Not to mention, it was the only one that the store had.

On the day of the party, she decided to get me up early—seeing as I had spent the night for probably the fourth time that week—and curl my hair, do my makeup, and anything else she could think of. Lizz’s version of a fun day; my version of hell.

I sat in the chair at the desk as she threw herself on the bed. “This bed is soooo comfy!” she squealed.

I laughed. Such a Lizz thing. “How did you meet Garrett?” I asked curiously. I knew that he was an actor and she was in music. I knew they were crazy about each other. But that was it; and I was curious as fuck.

She sat up with a huge smile playing on her cheeks. “I never told you??” I shook my head. She giggled. I halfway wonder if their relationship started with sex.

“You can hold back details about all the hot sex. Spare my innocent mind, please.” I smiled.

She smirked. “Didn’t seem so innocent when you and Trick did it in my car and left me to clean up the nasties!” She shook her head. “I think I can leave out some of the gory details.”

My eyes widened. “Only SOME!?”

She nodded. “Car full of nasties. This is revenge, bitch. But I still love you.” She smiled innocently. She drew in a deep breath. “You know that one movie that came out a few years ago that he was in?” I nodded, but honestly had no clue what movie she was talking about.

“Well, he kind of broke his arm snowboarding and I happened to be in the same place because I broke my ankle and…” she glared at me when I laughed. I was definitely going to ask her how she broke her ankle. She didn’t say anything till I managed to stop my giggling. “Are you done?”

I shook my head. “How’d you break your ankle?” She blushed and said something that I didn’t catch. “What?” She mumbled the same thing again, but I was no closer to understanding what she said. “Can you say that slower and louder?”

She blushed. “I tripped over my foot when I was leaving the hotel, okay?!” I laughed harder. Typical Lizz, tripping over herself. I had no clue how she managed to perform on stage in front of hundreds of kid, jumps around and goes into the crowd, but the girl is less coordinated than me.

When I caught my breath, I told her to go on with her story. “So he couldn’t go to the premier that he was supposed to and we just started hanging out and talking and….”

I interrupted. “So you met at the hospital?” She nodded. “Don’t they normally have like… rooms for different patients or curtains or something?”

She smiled. “Yeah, but he was complaining and I was sick of it, so I told him to shut the flying fuck up, he pulled back the curtain, and I swear to god he was the most gorgeous man I’d ever seen.” She blushed again.

I giggled. “Only you, Lizz. Only you.”

She shrugged. “I dated guys in other bands, who were cute, but just… Damn, he was entirely different. Because if I had told one of the guys I’d dated before him to shut the flying fuck up, they would’ve told me to suck it. Or hit me. Depends on the guy.” She smirked. “I hit them harder, though, if they did hit me.”

I raised an eyebrow. “What did he say?”

She giggled. “He told me I was pretty.”

I shook my head. “You’re a total dork.”

She smiled. “That might be true, but he’s the one that asked for my number.” She had a thoughtful look on her face. “And we’ve been together since.”

“Wow,” I managed.

She nodded then looked at the clock. “If you’ll excuse me, I have to go get ready.” She got up and left the room, leaving me to put on my dress that was hanging on the back of the door. I took off my Glamour Kills booty shorts and Cobra Starship shirt, leaving them on the bed.

I grabbed the dress and took it off the hanger, unzipped the back and stepped into it. I drew in a deep breath after I had zipped it; I was more nervous about seeing him for the first time since I found out he was with that slut than I had ever been in my life.

I admired myself in the mirror for a minute before I grabbed my solid black Converse hi-tops and put them on. Lizz might have gotten me in a dress for the first time since I graduated high school, but there was no way she was getting me in a pair of heels. I was lucky enough to be taller than 5’2”, unlike her.

Lizz came in my room when she was dressed and ready, and ushered me into the living room. A few people were already here; I didn’t know any of them. I felt as awkward and out of place as Lizz looked in her band which consisted of four other guys that were all over six feet tall with tattoos and piercings.

I think the worst part was probably that she decided it was going to be a masquerade party, so along with the dress and everything else, I was wearing this stupid mask. That also might have been why I felt that I didn’t know anybody.

I stuck with Lizz; she knew everybody. She introduced me to countless people by ten. After that, I was ready to disappear… until I heard his voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lizz | Claudia

Patrick is in the next chapter!!!!
I like background stories. They're fun.

XOX
Lizz

PS, I LOVE YOU BIG SISTER!!! Hope you love it. <3