Status: WORK IN PROGRESS

The Dark Lord's Mistress

Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Snape POV

My eyes squinted at the bright light that so rudely crept its way towards the bed of my chambers. I rolled over to look at the clock and found I was not in my bed. I jumped in shock and fell out of my ‘bed’ and onto the floors of the dungeons of Malfoy Manor. I groaned in slight pain as the cold stone floor hit my back with a loud ‘thud’. I gasped in shock when I looked up to see a beaten and bruised Hermione lying practically unconscious on the floor with Lucius Malfoy standing above her.

“Ah, Severus” he said with a slight gleam in his eye, “good of you to join us, but sadly, this is not the time for company.” He turned his eyes back to Hermione as he locked her into her cell. Anger pulsed throughout me and I wanted nothing more than to choke that slimy snake until he went ‘blue in the face’ as Albus so tenderly put it. He turned and walked back towards me and said, with a hint of grace in his voice, “I’ll leave you and the Mudblood alone shall I?” With that, he left the dungeons and me with Hermione.

I turned back towards her and her brown eyes met my black ones. “Severus” she whispered so faintly I almost didn’t hear her. I ran to the door of her cell and was shocked as she bolted into the corner of her cell away from me. “Get away from me you traitor!” I looked at her and said, “Mione, what is it?” Her eyes widened and she yelled, “Do NOT call me that! It’s your fault I’m here! You betrayed us, you betrayed the Order and left the light to die. You killed Dumbledore and the only protection we had is gone!” I can only imagine what my face might have looked like in that moment as the woman I'd grown to love condemned me.

She was hysterically crying now and I wished I could take her in my arms and make the pain go away. Suddenly, the door burst open to reveal Harry Potter charging into the dungeons wand at the ready. He brushed past me and toward Hermione, whose face lit up once, she saw him. He told her to stand back and he casted ‘Bombarda Maxima’ at the cell. The walls blew into tiny pieces and once the smoke cleared, Hermione ran into the waiting arms of that blasted Potter boy, arms that should have been mine.

She looked up into his eyes and said, “Oh Harry, I thought you’d forgotten me.” His fingers guided her chin toward his and he said, “Mione, I love you, and I will ALWAYS come for you.” She smiled then his lips met hers in a powerful passionate kiss. In that one moment, my whole life seemed to come crashing down. I tried to scream but nothing came out. I had lost her. History had repeated itself and for once, I was at a loss for words. I suddenly felt a sharp pull in my chest and my eyes opened, this time for real.

I sat up screaming as I had tried to earlier and stopped as the realization hit me; it was only just a dream.

***Hermione POV***

I had woken not but five minutes ago and already my ‘morning sickness’ had kicked in full steam ahead. Once I calmed and cleaned myself, I made my way into the kitchen only to notice the time on a nearby grandfather clock. “3 AM? Sweet Merlin I’m dead!” I scurried back towards my room, grabbed my wand, cloak and shoes, and proceeded to run towards to front door only to be stopped by Bellatrix looking at me rather strangely.

I looked up at the witch and said in a shrill, “Bella! What is it? I’m out way past curfew! If anyone catches me I’ll be killed, or worse, expelled!” Bella simply put her hand on my shoulder and spoke to me in her ‘sisterly voice’. “Now dear, I know what time it is. Believe me when I say, I would love to see you back at Hogwarts before anyone finds out you were out past curfew, you’ll be in even more trouble if you’re caught wearing that” she said gesturing toward Severus’ white shirt I had taken to sleeping in.

I looked up at her, smiling, then hugged her tightly. “Thanks Bella, you’re the big sister I never had.” She smiled and said, “Yes dear, I know, now off you go!” I nodded as she released me and transfigured the shirt into the dress I was wearing earlier. I walked towards the gates and turned back towards Bella who was standing at the door. I smiled and she winked and shooed me off as I dissapparated with a soft ‘pop’ to the gates of Hogwarts.

****************Back at Hogwarts*******************

I slowly crept my way toward the Gryffindor prefect tower, hoping no one would hear or see me. That hope was suddenly lost as two hooded figures came towards me with a white light shining from their drawn wands.

“Ah, what have we here Alecto? A little Mudblood out after hours it seems.” Alecto and Amycus Carrow, the new ‘teachers’ Severus had hired, began to circle me like a vulture eying its prey. Amycus approached me and grabbed the scruff of my cloak and said, “Take her to the Headmaster, he will deal with this filth. Even if she is the Dark Lord’s Mistress, she is in our domain now.” His brother nodded and we began the long, gloomy walk to the Headmaster’s office. I could only hope that the ‘new and improved’ Severus would be as understanding as the man I fell in love with.

****************SNAPE POV**********************

The minute my eyes opened, I sat up screaming. ‘That was one hell of a dream’ I said aloud, knowing no one would hear me. Just the thought of losing Hermione to that Potter boy sent a sharp pain directly to my chest. Although, she had been distant from me and I already feared I was losing her.

Something, I do not know what, pulled me from my thoughts. ‘Blasted Potion! Can’t a man get some bloody sleep and have the bloody potion do its job?’ I yelled to myself. I rolled over, looked at the clock on the bedside table, and noticed it was 3 AM.

I was just about to attempt to try to get some sleep again when I suddenly felt an all too familiar pain in my arm. The pain was not as strong as when the Dark Lord summoned me, so I knew it had to be one of the Carrows. Upon their arrival, we decided that using our Dark Marks would be a more effective method of communication to avoid listening ears. I sighed, got out of bed, put on my robe, and made the journey to my office, where I could only wonder what awaited me this time.

**************************Hermione POV********************

I could only wonder how long we walked through the halls of Hogwarts. The Carrows were taking me to Sev- I mean- the Headmaster’s office. The thought of having to face him made me almost sick. How can I remain strong when this man knows my every weakness? Correction, he is my weakness.

As we walked, I began to formulate what I was going to say. Suddenly it dawned on me. I am a Mistress of the Dark Lord and his favorite one at that. That has to mean something! I was not going to let anyone, especially Severus’ ‘hired help’ tell me what to do.

We reached the doors of Snape’s office and I abruptly stopped short, causing Alecto to turn toward me. “Just what do you think you are doing, little Mudblood?” she hissed at me. I gave her my best death glare and said in the most controlling voice I could muster up, “First, I am not going to the Headmaster’s office. Second, you don’t DARE speak to me in that tone of voice. I am a Mistress of our Lord and must be treated as such. Shall I call our master then, to tell him how his “spies” are treating his Mistress?”

Alecto looked shocked and I smiled inwardly. “You, little Mudblood, may be his mistress, but are still no better than the ground we walk on.” I narrowed my gaze at her, pulling out the “big guns” as many muggles would say.

“Oh, I see. Well then I am sure that the Dark Lord would not be pleased to hear that his spies intend to harm me, especially when I am carrying his heir.” A gasp escaped her lips, it was at that moment, the door to Snape’s office opened, and I faced with my worst nightmare come true.

*******************SNAPE POV*********************

I heard voices emanating from the corridors and I recognized one voice I had grown fond of. Hermione Granger was being ‘escorted’ by the Carrows and immediately I knew I was in for trouble. I approached the door to my inner office chamber just in time to hear the voice of my beloved ring out the worst news I had ever heard since Lily’s death. She was pregnant. With HIS baby. I felt my heart shatter into million pieces as I opened the door, looked straight into her brown eyes and thought ‘This is going to be a long night.’

“Alecto, what is so important that you felt the need to summon me in the middle of the night?” I sneered completely ignoring Hermione who looked as if she was petrified. “Headmaster” she said bitterly, “We found this one out wandering the corridors and thought it best to have you decide her fate.” I looked from her to Hermione and said, “Ah yes, I shall deal with her. Thank you and goodnight.” They nodded and took their leave, leaving me alone with Hermione.

After escorting her back down to my chambers, we sat in an awkward silence until she broke it. “Severus?” She said in her soft voice. I turned my head toward her as if to acknowledge her. “Why? Why did you do it?” She asked. I stood and walked to the lit fireplace intently staring at the flames. “Miss Granger, I find that my activities are not any of your business.” I snapped without looking at her.

I didn't have to look to know she was fuming. “None my business? Activities? You used to tell me everything, but now you’ve reverted back to cold, soulless man I knew in first year!” She turned away from me as I turned toward her. “And what of you? The mighty Gryffindor Princess has fallen so low. Carrying HIS child? You are MINE! What part of that did you not understand when I nearly murdered my godson for touching you?!” She whipped around toward me, her eyes shooting daggers at me. “You heard? Severus let me explain.” She said clearly upset that I'd heard her admit that she was indeed pregnant.

I had enough of her now. “No, you, child, obviously cannot keep your hands to yourself so I will at least show you that I am human and walk you out. And Miss Granger? You WILL address me as your Headmaster or Professor, from now on.” 'I've got another one for you Professor. How about Monster?' She said before she burst into tears and ran back to from the room, leaving me in the loneliness I had forgotten existed.

Grasping a nearby glass of firewhiskey, I retired to my usual chair by the fire. As I gulped the contents, my mind drifted back to the Insufferable know-it-all most definitely crying her eyes out in her room. I buried my head into my hands cursing myself. ‘What have you done?’
♠ ♠ ♠
The lovely wishmaster3343 wrote this chapter with very little help from Slytherinchicks123, for which she is proud :) I guess at this point we should probably mention that the events of the last 12 chapters have happened over the course of several months. For those of you who are wondering, this chapter is set at then end of May before Harry, Ron and Hermione's 7th year. Yes we know it's a little confusing, trust us its more confusing for us than it is for you. Hermione and Severus slept together for the first time at the end of February. And yes we know Bella is a little OOC. Trust us, if you think your head hurts, imagine our pain :) Hope you enjoy and just to show how much we love you, we'll have a chapter posted tomorrow :)

Slytherinchicks123 and Wishmaster3343