Status: WORK IN PROGRESS

The Dark Lord's Mistress

Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Severus' POV

I snarled at Bella as she attempted to make amends. I had found out in the course of an hour that she knew about Hermione and me and that she'd had Hermione safely with her and had tortured her. 'Bella, she wasn't safe with you if you were forced to torture her! She is pregnant with the Dark Lord's baby do you know the ramifications of what you've done? You could have very well caused a miscarriage and if the Dark Lord ever finds out, I shudder to think what he'd do to you.' I said as I paced in front of the fire in her room.

I only rarely came to either of the Black sisters' rooms and only when something dire had happened. She stood and came chest to chest with me. 'I'll have you know Snape, only certain people are aware that Hermione is in the Dark Lord's employ and even fewer know that she is one of his mistresses. A total of four people know that she is in fact pregnant and three of them know that she's been shagging you.' She snarled in my face.

I don't think I could have been anymore shocked if I tried. 'So before you pull that holier than thou attitude on me, I suggest you look into your own black heart. If I could have avoided torturing her, you know I would have. But the Dark Lord told me not to take pity on her because she is a mistress. He doesn't even know for sure that she carries a baby.' She said softening only slightly.

Then she slapped me across the face. 'You will treat her better than you did before she ran off with Potter and Weasley. If I live to see the end of this war, I will make sure that she receives better treatment from you and any man that crosses her path.' She said in a huff. I held my check in my hand and looked at her stunned.

Before Hermione had become a mistress, she'd been generally hated by all Death Eaters which was understandable give the fact that she was the best friend of Potter. But somehow, she'd wormed her way into the black hole that was Bellatrix's heart. Typical Gryffindor.

'I tire of your presence Snape. I tire of you looking like this is all new to you. I'm sure that if Cissy was in here, she'd be giving you a tongue lashing that would peel your skin from your bones.' She said before turning on her heel and stalking to the bathroom. I heard the door slam and I looked up, still quite in shock that Bellatrix had slapped me across the face.

I turned myself and stalked out of her sitting room, with only one destination in mind. Hogwarts, to see if my godson knew anything about Hermione's whereabouts.

Bellatrix's POV

I clutched the side of the sink with a death-like vise. I was breathing hard and my thoughts were racing. I hadn't felt like this since my husband had been put to death by the Dark Lord. I had slapped Severus across the face for treating Hermione like dirt. I had wanted to do more than just slap him, but his standing with the Dark Lord prevented it.

I looked in the mirror. My hair had always been wild even when I was a child and I'd seen no reason to change it. If I wasn't liked because of my choice in hairstyles, then who needed them? I turned on the taps, splashed my face, and rubbed cold water across the back of my neck in hopes that I would be able to calm myself.

I growled at the thought of Snape being less than a perfect gentleman with Hermione. But then again what was happening wasn't necessarily uncalled for. Hermione was keeping the paternity of her baby from him and he didn't have his usual dominance over her. I'd seen it with that Evans girl and now with Hermione.

I didn't look up when I heard the floo sound. I did however spin around with my wand drawn as someone put their hand on my shoulder. I dropped it when I saw my sister staring at me calmly. 'You know better than anyone not to sneak up on me.' I said as I dropped my wand.

'What do you think you're playing at Bella? You know Hermione is pregnant!' Cissy said. 'I know. I know! Do you know how much I wanted to curse Greyback ?! I practically sobbed with her as I forced myself to carve 'Mudblood' into her arm. I was about to send her back when Greyback demanded we mark her for what she is.' I said.

I turned away from my sister. 'You should be thanking Merlin that it wasn't Hermione that you were cursing then.' She said quietly. I spun back to face her. 'What in the name of Merlin are you talking about?' I asked. 'It seems that the little Gryffindor traded places with the Weasley girl. The girl that you tortured today was not Hermione Granger. According to Hermione, she and Ginny Weasley traded places and while Hermione felt some effects and was give the mark you wrote in Ginny's skin, you did nothing to harm her baby.' Cissy said patting my arm.

I let out a strangled sound. 'She's alright?' I whispered. She nodded. 'The baby too?' I asked. Again, she nodded. 'Where is she?' I asked. 'Come with me.' Cissy said taking my hand. 'Spinner's End.' She said as we stepped into the emerald flames. I closed my eyes and didn't open them again until we stopped spinning.

The first thing that I saw when I opened my eyes was Hermione lying on the couch with a blanket draped over her. I crossed the room and dropped to my knees beside her. 'I'm sorry. I'm so so so sorry.' I murmured as ran my hand over the healing wound on her arm.

'I know. I forgive you Bella.' She said quietly. I nodded. I stood and turned to Cissy. 'Does he know she is here?' I asked quietly. Cissy shook her head. She nodded towards the door leading to the kitchen. I followed her. Cissy waved her wand around the room. 'Severus doesn't have any idea that someone is living here, least of all Hermione. There was no way I, in good conscience, could leave her at the Manor with the Death Eaters.' Cissy said.

'What do you think Snape will say when he finds out that Hermione has been staying here, right under his bloody nose?' I said putting both my hands on the counter. 'He'll never know. Or at least I will never tell him. If Hermione wants to tell him, I won't stop her.' She said flicking her wand towards the teapot and levitating two teacups towards us.

I looked at Cissy. She looked tired and older than what she really was. 'Cissy, drink your tea and go to bed. I won't leave unless I'm called.' I said. She nodded. 'I must look horrible. I haven't slept since Hermione came here. I'm too afraid that Severus will show up and throw us out. Hermione is starting to show. I don't want her anywhere near the Death Eaters Bella. Regardless if it is Severus' or The Dark Lord's, they will cause her to miscarry simple because she is a muggleborn. I don't Hermione to know that pain, ever.' Cissy said quietly.

I nodded. 'Now off to bed.' I said shooing my little sister to one of the spare rooms. I watched her lift her skirts and climb the stairs. I flicked my wand towards the fireplace and watched as it grew into a roaring fire once more.

I sighed went to the lounge near the fire and lay down. I rarely slept well anyway, so I made the perfect choice to stand guard in case one of the Death Eaters decided to raid Snape's house and find Hermione here. Or worse, Snape himself to find Hermione here. I summoned a book on transfiguration from Snape's private library and set to reading it since I didn't plan to fall asleep anytime soon.

Severus' POV

I stood in my office staring at the fire, a glass of firewhiskey in my hand. Draco had been tailing Hermione, Weasley and Potter for the last week and a half but he noted something different in Hermione's demeanor. She seemed to be cuddling up more to Potter than Weasley and while I'd rather she not get closer to either of them, I would have suspected Weasley to be the center of her affections.

I looked up as the door to my office opened and in strolled my godson. 'She's not Hermione.' He said as he sat in the chair across from my desk. I turned from the fire to face him. 'What do you mean?' I asked. 'It's Ginny who is with Potter and Weasley. That's why we couldn't find her at the Burrow. She's been taking a strong polyjuice potion. I suspect Hermione altered it.' Draco said quietly.

'How did they make the switch? You've been watching them for the last 3 months.' I said sinking into my chair. 'They might have done it during that one Hogsmeade weekend when the Dark Lord summoned me. It's the only way I can figure.' He said taking the offered drink of firewhiskey. He downed it in one gulp. I wondered briefly wondered where and when he'd picked up such habits.

'Keep an eye on the girl. She'll eventually give Hermione away. All I want is to know that she is safe. If she is, we'll keep an eye on her from a distance.' I said as I picked up the bottle of firewhiskey and poured another glass for my godson and one for me as well.

Madam Pomfrey always told me that if I didn't learn to relax, I might keel over from all the stress I put on myself. I was beginning to think she was right. I toasted my godson, threw back the contents of the glass, and placed it on my desk. 'Get some sleep tonight Draco, following Potter at night and classes during the day with little to no sleep is not good for you, even if you are still a young man.' I said waving my hand towards the door to my office. 'You should also take your own advice Uncle. You look like you haven't slept in weeks.' He said before leaving.

I smiled and looked out the window to see that the moon was beginning to rise. I decided to take his advice, crossed the room to my chambers, and stripped down to my boxers before climbing into bed. I took a vile of Dreamless Sleep Potion and downed it. Maybe this time it would, considering I had made a fresh batch not even one week ago. I leaned back against the pillows and closed my eyes, allowing myself to fall into a deep and dreamless sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all that posted a comment! The comment box is very happy with us :) and with that we hoped you enjoyed chapter 15 :)