Status: WORK IN PROGRESS

The Dark Lord's Mistress

Chapter 2

Severus Snape's POV

I was in a right foul mood as I stormed my way down the hall towards the stairs that led up to Gryffindor tower. 'Damn that insufferable man. I won't do it.' I muttered under my breath. I had just come from a meeting with Dumbledore. His arm had gotten worse over the last week and now it was beginning to zap his strength both magically and physically.

'I'd hate to be the student who crosses Severus Snape tonight!' One of the portraits whispered as I passed. Ghosts and portraits alike fled as I stormed down the hall. Not only was I in a foul mood, but I was also on patrol up with the prefects up near the Gryffindor tower.

'I wish I could make my cloak billow like that, mommy.' A child in one of the portraits whispered as he and his mother fled before me. I smirked for only a second before replacing it with a scowl and continuing on my way. I met Weasley and Draco near the entrance to discuss patrolling patterns.

As they left, I spotted a small black hooded figure limping along the wall. I pulled my wand from my sleeve, flicked it towards the figure and whispered 'Lumos.'

The blinding light revealed one Hermione Granger, who stood frozen as if petrified. 'Miss Granger.' I purred almost happily. 'I believe that will be 25 points for being out after curfew.' I said. 'But Professor…' She said meekly. 'Another 10 points for arguing with a professor.' I said. 'But sir…' She said quietly, tears shining in her eyes. 'One month of detention Miss Granger. Meet me in my office at 7pm. Now I suggest you get to your common room before you lose any more house points.' I said.

'Yes, professor.' She said quietly with her head hanging in defeat. 'Merlin, it's good to be a professor.' I thought happily. She limped passed me and went to the wall where she would make her common room door appear. As she went, I wondered where she'd gotten the limp. When I'd seen her in Potions this morning, she was her annoyingly cheerful self and limp free. 'Probably met one of my Slytherins on the way back to her dormitory.' I thought as I said 'Nox' and continued my patrol.

******Elsewhere in the castle*****

Hermione's POV

'Damn that insufferable, pompous git.' I muttered to myself as I limped to the entrance to the Gryffindor prefect common room. 'As a daughter of Gryffindor, I ask you now; please allow me entrance to this tower.' I said while drawing a lion's paw print on the wall in front of me.

A roar sounded in my ears as the bricks fell away and allowed me entrance to the prefect tower. I limped to the couch, threw my cloak onto the back of the couch, and sat down carefully. I had displeased the Dark lord by speaking out of turn.

Lucius Malfoy had stated that all mudbloods were scum and I had cleared my throat and told him otherwise. Voldemort had gripped my thigh as I sat beside him and nearly broken it with the force he'd gripped it with. I had begged for forgiveness after I'd finish speaking. He'd allowed me to leave with my life and a slight limp.

Now I had detention with Snape every day this month in the evenings and that was normally when the Dark Lord summoned me. Dumbledore knew I was in deep with the Death Eaters, he just didn't know how deep or exactly what I was doing. I couldn't go to him and ask him to dismiss my detentions. I groaned allowed as I stood up and limped to my room where my private stores of potions were hidden in a floorboard beneath my bed and protected by several curses and spells that had to be undone a specific way to avoid physical harm.

My pensive and memories were kept there as well. I undid the security charms, pulled out a general health potion, and drank it down. I put the empty vial back, reset the charms and lay down in my bed. I could feel my leg healing and closed my eyes. I fell into a fitful sleep as I heard the door to the prefect tower opened.

************IN THE DUNGEONS ***********

Snape POV

I disarmed the wards to my chambers, entered my office and began grading my first years’ potions essays. As I read, I often looked up deep in thought. My mind couldn’t help but wander back to my encounter with the Granger girl. “What on earth could’ve happened to that girl?” I thought to myself. I shrugged it off and continued my grading.

Minutes turned into hours until I looked up and noticed it was well after midnight. I stood to walk to my bedroom until I felt a deep burning sensation in my left arm so painful I dropped to the floor hissing in pain. I pulled up my sleeve to see the Dark Mark burning bright red and black. I was being summoned. I immediately grabbed my cloak and used the hidden passageway that connected my office to the front gates, where I could apparate to Malfoy Manor, a feeling of uncertainty followed trailing ever presently alongside me.

**********MALFOY MANOR************

I watched as the iron gates turned to fog as I passed through them. Hastily I made my way into the dining hall where I was greeted by Lucius and Narcissa with Lord Voldemort sitting menacingly at the head of the table, stroking Nagini.

“Ah S-Severus-s-s.” he hissed, “Come, sit. We have saved you a seat.” I obeyed and took my seat beside Lucius at Voldemort’s right. “I trust you bring news of the Potter Boy”? My eyes darted from Nagini who was curled in a ball staring as intently at me as her Master before me was.

“Yes, My Lord,” I answered hastily. “Potter has been unofficially inducted as a member of the Order of the Phoenix. He is being trained in higher level Defensive Magic by members of the Order, most likely Dumbledore or Moody. Their location in the castle in unknown, but I trust that Draco and other spies of mine will locate him soon.” Voldemort’s calm demeanor was suddenly erased. He stood and walked behind me, his hand on my chair. “Ah I see. Well it seems my spies have failed me Severus-s-s-s. I will not tolerate failure. The boy must be killed, this time for good.”

The Dark Lord sat back down and looked directly at me, is eyes piercing into my soul. “You have done well for me tonight Severus. But know this, next time you are summoned I require more news than just trifle little details. I will NOT be so lenient next time.” I looked up from the silver snake embedded on the table and lowered my head as if to bow.

“Yes, My Lord. I understand.” “Very well, Severus-s-s.” The dark lord hissed as I raised my head. I stood to exit but was stopped by Lucius. “Come Severus, you must stay, our entertainment is about to arrive.” I groaned inwardly as I took a seat on the sofa next to Lucius.

I looked up as the door opened to reveal a petite frame escorted by two hooded figures. 'The girl, my lord.' One of them said before they turned to leave, closing the door behind them. 'Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce you to the newest addition to my female 'entertainment'.' The Dark Lord said as the girl lowered her hood.
♠ ♠ ♠
My first chapter :) love it? hate it?