Status: WORK IN PROGRESS

The Dark Lord's Mistress

Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Snape POV

I don’t know how long I wandered aimlessly around my chambers in sheer frustration and utter worry since Hermione had been “summoned” by the Dark Lord. “Damn that girl and her Gryffindor courage!” I spat aloud. I honestly don’t know what has come over me in these past few hours. One moment I despise the girl, the next I have this intense sense, more like a burning desire, to protect her at all costs.

After about twenty minutes, I finally stopped pacing long enough to sit down on the couch she had been just moments earlier. Thinking aloud I muttered, “Since when did I let the Gryffindor Princess get under my ‘greasy git’ skin?” as I rested my head in my hands. “Since you let yourself fall in love with her, Severus.” A voice said softly.

I turned my head sharply at the voice of Minerva McGonagall leaning sleepily against my door frame. A hint of worry crossed her tender face and immediately I knew why. “Didn’t it ever occur to you, Professor, to knock before entering one’s private chambers?" I snarled at the woman who has been like my mother for almost twenty years. “Severus Tobias Snape, you will not speak to me like that!” She raising her voice slightly and I turned my head away, silently knowing she was right. “There, that’s better. Anyways, you know I’m right about Hermione. But, that’s not why I am here tonight. Albus has asked me to inform you he wishes to see you upon his return later this evening. He says he has news of ‘the mission’ and said you would know what he means.” I snapped my head up upon hearing the phrase ‘the mission’ and nodded in acknowledgment, still avoiding her motherly gaze.

“Right, well thank you, Minerva. Now if you’ll excuse me I have work to do.” I said as I stood to usher her out but I was stopped by her brushing past me and coming to stand in front of the fireplace. “As for my earlier remark,” she sighed, looking at me with soft eyes, and continued, “I have seen the way you look at her, especially lately, Severus. I may be old but you can’t fool these cat’s eyes, dear. You took her into your care after you found out her plan; you are hell-bent on protecting her from anything and everything you can. Your eyes give you away, dear. Always did, even as a snarly seventh year sulking about the halls.” I smirked at the memory. Even as a boy, I could never hide anything from the all knowing essence that is Minerva McGonagall.

I hung my head in defeat, as I knew she was right. The realization hit me like a ton of bricks. I do care for her, but I haven’t loved since Lily and I didn’t know if I even could anymore. Sensing my distress, she put a motherly hand on my shoulder as she had done so many times in the past and said softly, “You are a good man, Severus. She is a strong lioness and just about as stubborn as you are. She is the brightest witch of her age and I can tell she feels the same for you as well.” She turned to take her leave and I watched as she did so.

I returned to my earlier pacing as I tried to mull over what Minerva had said to me. 'Merlin, save me.' I muttered as I turned to go to the small kitchenette in search of something strong, firewhiskey sounded good right about now.

Hermione's POV

I stood quietly beside the Dark Lord. He had not said a word to me all night and that made me extremely nervous. I watched as men and women alike entered the room dressed in long black cloaks with those horrid masks hiding their faces.

My head screamed at me to leave and never return but my body stayed rooted on the spot. 'My friends. Welcome.' The Dark Lord said as he swept around the room looking at each death eater in the face. I watched as one entered late.

'Severus. Thank you for joining us.' The Dark Lord said as Snape bowed his head. 'My Lord.' He said respectively. I felt myself tremble for a moment as shivers rolled down my spine when he spoke. I took a mental head count. There was about 20 people in the room including the Dark Lord, myself, Snape, Draco and Bellatrix.

The Dark Lord made a sweeping motion and all of the masks disappeared from view. I quickly noted Lucius Malfoy, Vincent Crabbe Sr., Greg Goyle, Theo Nott Sr., Walden McNair, Mulciber and Fenir Greyback among the ranks.

I watched them all curiously. This would be my first Death Eater meeting as a mistress. I clenched my fist in the side of my black silk dress. 'I would like to introduce you to the newest edition of our little family.' the Dark Lord hissed as he extended his hand to me.

I felt my legs move as I gracefully walked down the steps and took his hand. I had to fight the urge to draw my hand back and run for my life. 'I'm sure you are all familiar with Miss Hermione Granger, best friend of the 'Chosen One.'' The Dark Lord sneered as he twirled me around. I looked up as he twirled me into him. I felt him cup my cheek and lower his mouth to mine.

I moaned slightly as he shoved his tongue down my throat. He broke the kiss just as abruptly and turned to his followers. 'The mudblood has earned her right to be amongst us by giving me usable information on Dumbledore and the Order of the Phoenix, information that has been backed up by both Severus and Draco.' He hissed quietly.

I smiled behind the barrier I'd thrown up in my mind. All the information had been useable at one point but not now. 'Lucius, I expected better from you when I sent you to retrieve the Prophecy. Mulciber, you were discharged from the Ministry as well. This is not how I saw my death eaters when I first started this war.' He hissed as he rolled up his sleeve to reveal the ugly mark on his forearm.

'I am displeased. You'd better bring me something I can use against Potter.' He hissed as I watched as he pressed his finger to his mark. I bit back a gasp as I attempted to stay upright. I looked through pain filled eyes to see that all those had been marked were now breathing heavily and bowing at the waist. 'Get out of my sight.' He snarled at them before turning to me.

'This means you as well mudblood.' He snarled at me before taking Bellatrix by the hand and disappearing through the door behind the abnormally large chair that sat in the middle of the room. I turned to see Draco waiting for me near the main doors. I crossed the room as quickly as my heels would allow me and grasped his hand before feeling the tug of apparation as Draco wrapped his arms around my waist and we disappeared with a soft 'pop.'

Snape's POV

I walked swiftly towards Malfoy Manor, mist swirling around the hem of my cloak, as I did. The Dark Lord had summoned me shortly after Minerva had left me alone with my thoughts. I passed through the doors as the Dark Lord was speaking to his highest circle of Death Eaters. I very nearly choked on the very air I breathed.

Hermione stood near the throne that the Dark Lord had erected in the center of the room. I watched as she sauntered toward the Dark Lord when he held out his hand for hers. 'Don't you dare touch her, you snake.' I snarled behind the mental barrier I'd thrown up the moment I'd be summoned.

'I'm sure you are all familiar with Miss Hermione Granger, best friend of the 'Chosen One.'' The Dark Lord sneered as he twirled her around. I had to bite my tongue and relax my wand hand as he dipped his head to kiss her lips.

'She's mine.' I wanted to snarl at him. 'I am displeased. You'd better bring me something I can use against Potter.' He hissed as he touched one finger to his mark and a collective gasp sounded in the room. I fought to stay standing while the rest of them bowed at the waist. 'Get out of my sight.' He snarled to others before turning on Hermione.

I had turned to leave as I heard 'This means you as well mudblood.' He snarled. I left the room as she crossed the room to Draco and took his hand in hers. I heard them disappear with a soft 'pop'. I felt jealousy roll over me in waves as I left the Manor and disappeared with a loud crack.

Back at Hogwarts

I entered my chambers to find Draco and Hermione sitting on the couch near the fire. I was blinded for a moment when I saw her place a kiss on Draco's cheek. I didn't feel my feet move or my hands grip Draco's throat until I heard Hermione scream. 'Professor! Don't!'

I felt her small hand grip my wrist as I turned to look at her. She looked frightened as I slowly relaxed my grip on Draco's neck. 'Don't touch what isn't yours, Draco.' I muttered as Hermione kept her eyes on me. I released him and held my hands up to show them both I wasn't going for my wand.

I looked at my godson and the girl of my affections. 'She is mine.' I growled at Draco. He turned away from us and headed towards the door that led to my classroom. 'Just so you know, Uncle. I am doing what I can to protect Hermione. The kiss was merely her way of thanking me.' He said as he turned towards me one last time before leaving.

I smirked as he left and then turned to Hermione who slapped me across the face. 'I am my own person, Professor. I belong to no one but myself.' She seethed as she breathed heavily. Sparkles danced into her eyes as she raised her hand to slap me again.

I pulled her close as I grasped her wrist in mine. 'Release me or I'll scream.' She threatened. 'Go ahead. There are silencing charms on my private rooms.' I said. 'Release me professor. I do not belong to you.' She snarled softly. 'Maybe this might change your mind.' I said as pressed my lips to hers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a warning to all readers, in the next chapter, there WILL be smut. If you don't agree with student/teacher relations, or are under the age of 18, we suggest you skip the next chapter, we will try to make sure the flow is not interupted for those of you who skip the next chapter.

Thanks, wishmaster3343 and slytherinchicks123

written by wishmaster3343 beta'd by slytherinchicks123