Status: WORK IN PROGRESS

The Dark Lord's Mistress

Chapter 6

Snape POV

Miss Granger, have you any idea what may happen if you stay as His mistress?' I asked in almost a growl. She had to naïve if she thought that she could bring the Dark Lord to his knees. 'I've been through enough in the last two months to know what I've gotten myself into, Professor.' She said coldly as she took a seat in front of the fire.

'What you have experienced in the last two months is nothing compared to what I've had to experience in the last 20 years. You weren't even a gleam in your mother's eye when I foolishly took the mark, Miss Granger.' I said just as coldly.

I watched as she thought about what I had just told her. 'I can handle myself.' She said quietly. 'Sure, now you can. But what happens when you become pregnant with the Dark Lord's child? What then? Surely you have thought about what could happen should you forget to take your potion or cast the contraceptive charm.' I said.

I watched as it finally dawned on her what could also happen. Not just the torture and rape but also the possibility of a pregnancy. 'What if I do become pregnant? I can't take care of a child if I'm training to be a Healer. I have to get my mastery in Charms, Potions and Transfiguration. Not to mention Herbology. That takes years.' She said suddenly panicking.

'Miss Granger.' I said calmly. 'What if I forget to take my potion or cast the charm?' She said rambling. I finally kissed her to shut her up. I backed her towards the door of my office. She ran her fingers through my hair and then rested them on the base of my neck.

I stifled a groan as I ran my hair through her hair. 'Merlin, her hair is so soft.' I thought as my hands slid down over her shoulders and came to rest on her hips which were still hidden beneath her school robes. I broke the kiss to place soft ones on her cheeks and forehead.

She gasped when my lips attacked that special spot beneath her ear. She moaned softly as she pressed her body against mine. 'Severus…' She gasped. I stopped when I heard her speak my given name. I let her body go and backed away from her as if her skin had scalded me. 'Out.' I said hoarsely at first.

'Come again?' She said breathlessly. I looked at her and instantly regretted it. I groaned as my arousal for the girl grew. Her hair was tousled, her cheeks were pink and she had a small bruise forming on her neck.

'Get out Miss Granger! Or I swear I'll take 50 points from Gryffindor.' I said coldly trying to reign myself in. 'You said that you would help me with my mission.' She said suddenly taking on the ice queen persona she had shown me earlier.

'25 points from Gryffindor for insubordination, Granger. Next will be 50.' I said. 'I'm going, SIR.' She said emphasizing the sir part. 'Merlin, that girl will be the death of me.' I thought as her cloak swished out of sight and my office door closed with sharp bang.

'Merlin, I am an ass.' I thought as I sought out my bathroom for a much needed cold shower.

**************************Hermione's POV***************************************

I marched towards the Gryffindor prefects common room with my head held high. How dare he kiss me. How dare he think he can dismiss me like some cheap floozy and how dare he think he can tell me how to live my life.

I drew a paw print, gave the password and entered my dormitory. I avoided Ron as he looked up from his snack. 'No I do not want to talk about it and no nothing is wrong.' I said as I brushed past him and into my room. I took off the button down shirt and shorts and went into the bathroom.

I gasped when I looked in the mirror. My lips were bright red, my hair looked a mess and I saw a hicky forming at the base of my neck. I turned on the shower and stepped into it. I let the water wash over me but I couldn't get the feeling of Sever—Professor Snape's touch off me and I wasn't sure I wanted to.

I washed my body and hair quickly before I turned off the water and grabbed my scarlet towel that hung next to the shower. I unlocked the bathroom, entered my bedroom, and changed into a pair of low-rise jeans and a t-shirt. I threw myself on the bed and stared at the ceiling.

'What in Merlin's name is wrong with me? I kissed my Potions Professor!' I thought as I laid there. I groaned allowed as I grabbed my pillow and covered my head with it. This was going all wrong. I wasn't supposed to like him, not even remotely.

I closed my eyes and thought calming thoughts. Maybe I could continue my mission without finding it necessary to communicate with the Potions Master. I felt myself drift off into oblivion as I allowed myself to have the first nap I'd had in months.

*****about an hour later*****

I groaned as I heard a tapping from somewhere to my left. I rolled over and groaned when I realized it was dusk and I'd missed dinner. I searched for the source of the tapping only to find a black owl hovering outside my window.

I opened said window and stood back to allow the owl to enter my dormitory. It landed on the table near my door. I took it's parcel and watched as it flew from my room. Obviously, it wouldn't need a reply from me.

I ripped the envelope open and looked at the letter before groaning 'Merlin's bloody underwear!' aloud.

Miss Granger,

Meet me in the room of requirement in one hour.

Professor S. Snape
P.S I want my shirt back.

'What in Merlin's name does that greasy git want now?' I thought as I grabbed my school issued robe and threw it on while shoving my feet into my shoes. I made sure that my wand was secured in my sleeve before I ventured out into the common area.

I breezed past the common room and exited without disturbing a single thing. I made my way down to the dungeons knowing that I was walking into the overgrown bat's lair and I knew what I was doing. At least I thought I did.
Severus' POV

I sat at my desk grading first year papers. It seemed that they went back to their owners with nearly 90 percent of their paper covered in red more often than not. I smirked as I put down the one I had finished and picked up a new one.

I didn't look up as a knock sounded on my office door. 'State your name.' I called without looking up from the sentence that had been so badly butchered that I had to cross it out and put the correct way to write it. 'Hermione Granger, 6th year Gryffindor.' She said.

'I asked for your name, Miss Granger. Not your year or your house.' I said as I waved my wand and the wards disappeared. 'You may enter Miss Granger.' I said before going back to my grading. She opened the door and closed it with a soft click.

'You wanted to see me professor?' She asked quietly. I looked up from my paper to see her with her hands clasped behind her back and her gaze on the floor. 'Look at me, Miss Granger.' I said. The moment I did, I wish I had said nothing. I looked into her caramel brown eyes and for just one second, I felt like I couldn't refuse her anything no matter how stupid it seemed.

'We need to finish discussing your tactics on getting information from the Dark Lord.' I said after I had cleared my throat. 'I see nothing wrong with my tactics Professor. In fact, I was able to save at least 3 families from certain death.' She said matter-of-factly.

'Be that as it may, what you are doing is extremely dangerous not to mention incredibly stupid.' I said as I stood. She didn't back away as many other students would have when faced with an extremely irate potions master. I smiled inwardly as she continued to stare me down. 'You have no plan beyond getting the information out of him or allowing him to use your body at his leisure.' I spat in disgust.

I didn't want to imagine the Dark Lord's hands touching her so intimately. It made me feel ill if I did. “I can hardly go to Professor McGonagall or Madam Pomfrey, Professor.” She said coldly.
'No, but now that I know about the mission you underhandedly secured for yourself, you will report to me directly following each summoning, is that clear?' I said daring her to protest.

She bit her lower lip and I had to think about other things to keep from kissing her again. 'Why should I trust you?' She asked. 'You can't but you know that without me, if he truly wishes to harm you, you may very well end up bleeding to death on the grounds.' I said as I came around to stand in front of her.

I never realized that she was so petite until she stood mere inches from me. Her head only came up to my shoulders. 'I want to protect you Miss Granger. But I can't very well protect you, if you don't do as I ask and meet with me after the Dark Lord summons you.' I said softly as I played with a curl that had escaped the ponytail she used to try to contain her hair.

For a moment, I thought I saw a look of both longing and relief. I took her chin in my hand and bent down. She let out a hiss just as I was about to kiss her again. She held my forearms in a death grip. I saw as beads of sweat appeared across her forehead. 'He's calling me. I need Draco.' She moaned softly as I helped her to the floor. I blanched. I sent my patronus to Draco, telling him to meet me in my chambers and to come quickly.

He appeared moments later. 'She's being summoned.' I said when he appeared. Hermione had already transformed her clothes into a black haltered dress with a low cut back that flaunted that awful mark on her lower back. 'Go.' I said as Draco lifted Hermione into his arms and took her through my secret tunnel.

I sat back in my chair as the door closed behind them. 'Well, this is a fine mess you've gotten yourself into, Severus.' I mumbled as I leaned back and contemplated the events of only mere moments ago. 'You went and developed a crush on her you bloody idiot.' I said mentally berating myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Written by Slytherinchicks123 :) beta'd by me! lol

thank you to all who have subscribed and are reading! We've been incredibly busy lately with school and work and what not. Chapter 7 is being written and will be posted soon! Thanks everyone!

comments appreciated :)
<3 Gina and Laura!