Sequel: Disoriented Youth
Status: Complete

I'm Obsessed With Serial Killers

Prisoner of Silence

I don't usually sleep, but last night wasn't much of an issue. I had a really strange dream; somehow I was two people, and the first me was on a table as the second me was hammering acupuncture needles into my body. There was a lot of blood.
Have you ever had dreams that are just so real feeling when you're in them? It got like that. I could taste the blood, the sticky, warm iron bubbling up in my mouth from the repeated puncture wounds. I woke up feeling uncomfortably damp. Would that even happen in real life, or was it just my anxiety to taste blood again?
I guess it doesn't matter, my impulses had taken hold of me.

Slowly, I trudged across my apartment, making my way to the desk where the stapler was. Yes, the stapler. I didn't feel like cutting myself this early in the morning.
I took the stapler and, with violent force, stapled a line of 5 staples down my forearm. Smiling with the masochistic pleasure of the act, I returned the stapler to its rightful place and messed with the staples a bit before pulling them out of the skin, my intention being to initiate more bleeding by doing this.
I brought my gently bleeding arm up to my mouth, sucking the red liquid up and savoring the taste as much as I could before the little pierce wounds healed up. I felt almost vampiric, but with such a vampire craze going on, really wished I could take the thought back.

After taking a trip to the bathroom to wash up my arm, I figured it wouldn't hurt to get dressed up and head over to Liliana's, so I did just that, making sure to wear sleeves that would cover the red spots on my arms as not to raise suspicion. The rubbing cloth wasn't exactly comfortable, but at the same time, I'm not a big fan of comfort.

Lily and I decided to take a walk down Haight Ashbury when I made it to her house. I like looking at the funny designs they have in the hookah bars, though I don't generally enter the establishments. I have nothing wrong with smoking, but a hookah bar just isn't my style. It's too social, I'd feel too awkard.
We took the time to shop around in a few of the consignment stores on the street. I really like the Buffalo Exchange; I didn't buy anything this time, but I find a considerable amount of t-shirts there. Liliana had fun finding a few new skirts to wear the rest of the week. Apparently she's able to fit into a size smaller. Too much more weight loss, and she won't fit into anything... She'll figure that out eventually, though. Lily's a smart girl. Plus, I have more pressing issues on my mind.

As we continued our walk down Haight St, I couldn't help but notice the scattered homeless people sitting on the side of the road. They weren't doing anything, just adding to the scenery, but I wondered if anyone would know that they were gone. It made sense, a stereotypical 'hobo' is the last person that would spark a big investigation if they went missing. Don't they migrate between cities all the time anyway?
I felt a temporary wave of satisfaction; I had found my practice victims. One aspect down, now I just need an untraceable method and a suitable location.

Lily was waving her hands in front of me for a good two minutes as I reached this conclusion. "Nyx! Let's go here!"
We turned into another vintage shop, where Liliana dressed herself up as a 50s housewife. She looked cute, I thought, but I didn't really react to it. At least, she didn't seem to think I did.
"You look nice in that," I nodded.
"You can be honest if you don't like it..."
"No, I mean it, you look very pretty."
"Honestly, Nyx, you eyes aren't even flashing. I won't be offended if you don't like it."
I didn't respond. I guess I felt no need to; I didn't have a comeback that would have helped my case. She stared in the mirror for a couple of minutes.
"I think I'll buy it!" She left to change back into her normal clothes, and we continued on our walk after she made her purchase.
"So, Lily...." I looked up at her.
She glanced back. "Hmm?"
"How far... um... How awful would a person have to be for you to end your friendship with them?" I bit my lip.
"... I don't know, it depends on how good of friends we are," she shrugged, "mostly I hate liars, but I know you aren't a liar, Nyx, so don't worry about anything. I don't think there's much you could do, unless I thought you might murder me or something..." her voice trailed off.
"Oh, that makes sense."

Eventually, we completed the long journey back to our apartments.
"Well, what should we do now?" she asked.
I shrugged, "Have you ever watched Repo! the Genetic Opera?"
She shook her head.
"Come on, you have to see it!"
We walked inside, and I started playing the film, walking to make popcorn as Liliana watched the introduction. So far, the day was going pretty well.
I have to be careful around Lily, though. I can't scare her away. I couldn't lose her, I don't think I could handle it all that well.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been on a writing spree tonight! Yay!
Next chapter he'll probably conclude his research and begin looking for somewhere to perform the act. Don't worry, the bloodshed will come soon!

Also, comment/subscribe? <3