Status: complete

A Rock Prince with a Vengeance

The Concert

This week has been one hell of a hectic week. The boys were practicing for hours a day until they perfected each song. For us ladies, we spent our afternoons and evenings promoting the concert with handouts, stickers, and any type of propaganda you could think of. Who knew this could be hard labor?

Currently, I was trying to calm Zacky down since he's a nervous wreck. He's afraid of returning to the stage after a three hiatus.

"Babe, why are you so nervous? You have done this hundreds of times," I tried calming him down.

"I don't know. It's been a while."

"You'll do just fine. If it makes you feel any better, there will be a surprise after the show." I took my finger and slid it down his chest. "Now go out there and kick some ass. I'll be by the merch booth if you need me.

I checked the crowd and it was sold out! I don't believe how they lost it all with a fan base like this. Every person was crying out 'A7X'. It was unbelievable.

***

Throughout the concert, the boys were playing and singing every note with pure perfection, and not to mention they were a crowd pleaser. I noticed mosh pits forming at every corner of the corner and seeing the the fans releasing their inner demons. What humored me the most was some of the fangirls in front who couldn't handle the intensity of the moshing.

Everyone was enjoying the song selections, too. Everyone was singing along to: Darkness Surrounding, Betrayed, Breaking Their Hold, Afterlife, and many more songs.

While assisting people with what merch they wanted to purchase, I got a message from Jimmy that I should of opened and read a half hour ago.

"Bri, Matt can't scream tonight. Go scream the parts in Unholy Confessions."

I closed my phone thinking I didn't have to worry about anything for a while. Then, I heard the first notes of Unholy Confessions.

"Val, told the fort down," I yelled as loud as I could over the band and pushing my way through the crowd of fans.

"I'll try!" she said as he walked away,
try not to lose you.
Two vibrant hearts could change." Matt sang the words.

When my part came up, I blanked out. I attempted to scream my part, but my throat wouldn't let me find the words to speak. I had stage fright. Singing in the shower is one thing, but in front of 2,500 fans awaiting for me, well, that's fucking scary. Now I know why Zacky's scared. Man, I fucked this up badly.

"Alright, everyone, stop!" Matt announced and everyone stopped in the middle of the song. Matt turned off his microphone and pulled me aside.

"You alright kid?" he asked me calmly.

"No. There's over 2,500 people standing before me and I'm about to have a panic attack. I don't know if I can do this."

"Hey, I won't get made if you don't feel fully confident. I don't want to do something if you're not comfortable with it."

"Thanks, Matt. I'm just not ready to do this."

As I pushed my way back to the merch tent, I could hear Zacky chanting my name. The chant grew bigger and bigger until every single person joined the rant. They wanted me to sing, which was a great surprise to me.

I began having a change a heart about screaming now. I went back to the stage and grabbed the microphone. I was going to do this with full confidence whether the crowd liked it or not.

"Awesome. It seems lover boy over here helped his sweetheart out," Matt said as the crowd responded with 'awes'. "Okay, let's give this song another shot.

"I'll try! she said as he walked away,
try not to lose you.
Two vibrant hearts could change.
Nothing tears the being more than deception,
unmasked fear.
I'll be here waiting tested and secure.

Nothing hurts my world,
just affects the ones around me.
When sin's deep in my blood,
you'll be the one to fall.

I wish I could be the one,
the one who won't care at all.
But being the one on the stand,
I know the way to go, no one's guiding me.
When time soaked with blood turns its back,
I know it's hard to fall.
Confided in me was your heart.
I know it's hurting you, but it's killing me.

Nothing will last in this life
our time is spent constructing,
now you're perfecting a world... meant to sin.
Constrict your hands around me,
squeeze till I cannot breathe,
this air tastes dead inside me,
contribute to our plague.
Break all your promises,
tear down this steadfast wall,
restraints are useless here,
tasting salvation's near.

Nothing hurts my world,
just affects the ones around me
When sin's deep in my blood,
you'll be the one to fall.

I wish I could be the one,
the one who won't care at all
But being the one on the stand,
I know the way to go, no one's guiding me.
When time soaked with blood turns its back,
I know it's hard to fall.
Confided in me was your heart.
I know it's hurting you, but it's killing me."

Bye the end of the song, the whole crowd was going fucking crazy and all of my nerves went away.

"Bri, I'm so proud of you," Zacky said and gave me a hug. Soon enough, the rest of the band joined into the now group hug.

***Zacky's POV***


When Briony left, we finished the concert by playing: Bat Country, Almost Easy, Trashed and Scattered, and last but not least, A Little Piece of Heaven, my personal favorite.

By the end of the show, I was amazed how I played the whole show without running off stage just to puke my guts out or shit my pants. Before going up on stage, I was nervous as fuck. It was sort of scary to do this again. I didn't expect to see this many people to show up, let alone even remember the name Avenged Sevenfold.

After the show, the guys and I were courteous to stay and do pictures and autographs. It was amazing to see what loyal fans we still had. Some were even brave enough to get our deathbat logo tattooed on themselves. Meeting everyone was awesome, too. The fans were giving us compliments on our music to how people said that we saved their lives from our music. I never knew about much our music affected our fans, in a good way.

"I am sorry, but we all have to go now," Matt said as we all left for backstage. While walking back, I couldn't help to notice to blond twins standing in my way.

"Are you Zacky Vengeance?" one of them asked me.

"In the flesh. What could I do for you?"

"This." One of the twins started to kiss my jawline and the other one stared and smirked.

"I'm sorry, but I can't do this. I have a girlfriend." I tried pushing the twins off of me.

"Who cares? Aren't rockstars suppose to be bad boys? Then you should be one tonight for us. She doesn't need to know about our dirty little secret."

The first twin resumed to kiss my jawline and the other began to brush her lips across mine. I tried pushing them off, but they won't budge.

If I thought I wasn't in trouble, I was now in mile deep shit. I see Briony from the corner of my eye, and she doesn't look too happy.