Running From Lions

011

Luckily by Wednesday my back had got a lot better and I didn’t have to go to the doctors plus Jonah hadn’t been home so things were better in general.

Alex was being nice to me (it turns out he doesn’t exactly have many friends and seeing as I’m the only one who knows he tells me everything now) and Jack is really nice too.

“Rory I saw your brother earlier he was outside the mall with a couple guys and a group of girls,” said Alex.

“You know I don’t think he’ll be alive at 20,” I said and he looked at me shocked.

“What? He’s 19 now isn’t he?” I nodded.

“Since the day he started I always thought he’d never make 20,” I admitted.

“Why did he start?” he asked.

“Wrong crowd of friends, a girl. She moved away and left him like this and he’s just never stopped,” I replied and he nodded.

“So are you staying at Jack’s tonight?” he asked and I nodded as he smiled.

“What?” I asked.

“He likes you,” he said.

“Yeah we’re friends,” I replied.

“No like ‘likes’ you, he told me,” he said.

“I don’t think so,” I stated.

“No he really does, he’s always talking about you and he’s worried about you living at home. He really does like you,” he said and I stayed quiet.

“Look,” he said going on facebook on his phone.

“He’s told all his old friends about you. He loves you,” he teased and I smiled.

“Shut up,” I laughed.

“He’d be good for you,” Alex admitted.

“What are you my dad?” I asked.

“No more replacement brother,” he said smiling.

“Right I’m going home to get ready I’ll see you later,” I said as he hugged me and I left.

I got changed and we left, we walked into the Barakat's and Jack ran over hugging me.

“You look nice,” he said I thanked him as he took me over to meet his cousins. Alex came in as Jack showed his cousins round the new house.

“Who’s that?” Alex pointed to one of Jacks cousins.

“Xavier,” I replied as he nodded.

“Come on what else do you know about him?” he asked.

“Jack’s cousin, 19, lives in the next town and he works in an office somewhere,” I recalled and he smiled.

“Come on introduce me,” he smiled and I took him over.

We’d been there 2 hours when my parents went, Jack put his arm round me.

“What’s Alex doing with Xavier?” Jack asked.

“Just chatting,” I replied as he started to laugh.

“He’ll get a shock Xavier’s gay,” he said and I smiled to myself.

Alex came over with Xavier and I told him quietly and he smiled hugging me.

“You are literally the best friend I have,” said Alex and Jack smiled.

“See I feel special I made you 2 friends,” Jack said.

“Yeah thanks,” smiled Alex as he hugged me kissing my cheek.