Running From Lions

010

We’d been sat in his room doing work when his mom walked in.

“Rory nice to see you again, Jack honey I’m going out. Your dad will be home in an hour, see you later,” she waved.

“Your coming next weekend right?” he asked and I nodded.

“Good, Alex seems to like you now. I think it was all a rumor thing,” he said and I nodded.

“Thanks for helping me with all this,” he smiled.

“Does your mom know about your brother?” he asked and I nodded.

“They don’t know he’s like it with me, they try to stop it normally,” I said.

“Well you can always come here,” he offered

“Thanks.”

I felt his hand on my back.

“Sorry I forgot,” he said.

“It’s okay it’s better,” I smiled and he raised his eyebrows doubting me so I showed him.

“Rory that’s not better it’s still as bad, you should go to the doctors or something,” I shook my head.

“They’ll want to know how I got it and I don’t want Jonah in trouble.”

He nodded.

“He won’t be at the party will he?” he asked and I shook my head.

“One of his friends rang to say he’s at there’s so he won’t be home for a while,” I said and he nodded.

“Good because I’d probably punch him if he hurt you,” he smiled.

“Thanks but I really wouldn’t, he’s not the sort to back down and he’s really strong, he hasn’t exactly got control of himself,” I admitted.

“Well next time he’s home you can come here,” he said and I nodded

We finished our schoolwork and he walked me home (even though it’s only across the street).

“Thanks for helping me and I’ll see you at school tomorrow,” he said.

“It’s okay and yeah,” I said.

“Rory if your back isn’t better by Wednesday promise me you’ll go to the doctors?” he asked and I rolled my eyes.

“Okay,” I replied but he stared at me.

“I promise” I added and he smiled hugging me and going home.