Running From Lions

019

Alex explained to Jack on the way to the party, we got there and Xavier was outside waiting for us.

“Hey,” he said as we got out and kissed Alex.

We walked in and Xavier took us over to his mom.

“Mom this is Alex my boyfriend,” Xavier said and she hugged him.

“And this is Jack’s girlfriend Rory,” he said and she hugged me.

“Rory and me got you this,” he said handing her a present and she beamed.

We stood talking for a while before Jack dragged me off.

“Hi Rory,” Jack's mom said and I smiled.

“We’re sorry about the other day,” she offered and I smiled.

“It’s fine, I’m sorry if my parents weren’t exactly saying what you wanted,” I offered and she smiled.

“It’s not that we don’t like you 2 being together because we do, Jacks very happy with you and you’re a lovely girl but it’s just that your very young. We’re just aware of how close we live and how easy an argument could start if we allowed something to happen,” she explained and I nodded.

“My parents are more don’t set rules people, I know what they expect of me but they don’t set rules,” I admitted and she nodded.

“Anyway less of this talk, I saw you with a young man this morning that I haven’t seen around much,” she said and I nodded.

“That was my brother Jonah, he lives at home but he’s often away. He occasionally comes home,” I explained and she smiled.

“He’s older than you?”

“Yeah he’s 19,” I said and she smiled.

“Are you close?” she asked and I chewed at my lip not wanting to lie but I couldn’t tell the truth.

“We used to be when he was around more,” I said and she smiled.

“What are you talking about?” Jack asked.

“Her brother,” his mom stated and he looked at me worried.

“Come on Rory I want you to meet my other cousins,” he said dragging me off.

We all stayed talking and his family were really nice.

“So Alex how did you meet my son?” Xavier’s dad asked.

“At the party The Barakat’s had when they moved in,” he said smiling and he nodded.

“So you’re gay?” and Alex shook his head.

“Bisexual,” he stated and his dad smiled.

“I remember the day Xavier came out, I was shocked but it never altered anything. Were your parents the same?” he asked and Alex laughed.

“My mom isn’t so bothered but my dad hates it, in fact he punched me when he caught me kissing Xavier. If it wasn’t for Rory half the time I wouldn’t get to do anything with Xavier,” he admitted and his dad looked shocked.

“Really? Well we’re always here if you need us or to talk,” his dad offered.

“Thanks,” Alex said.

“Jack reacted strangely to the news about Xavier though,” his dad added and we both looked at him.

“They were never close and when Xavier told everyone Jack sort of distanced himself but then Jack was only 12 at the time, a few weeks later we went round and Jack was fine about it. Ever since he’s been a better friend with Xavier. His other male cousins don’t really have a lot to do with him but Jack doesn’t seem to care, I think Xavier’s really grateful” his dad said as Jack walked over.

Jack pulled me outside with him.

“What?” I asked.

“Nothing I just wanted to hang out with you,” he sad and I laughed.

“I thought we were…” he kissed me cutting me off, he pushed me against the wall and I ran my hand through his hair, he pulled away.

“I could hardly do that in front of my parents could I,” he said and I smiled.

The door opened and he pulled me round the corner.

“Come here,” I heard Xavier say followed by Alex laughing, there was a noise behind us and we both jumped as a cat jumped out the tree. Jack started to laugh resting his head on my shoulder.

“Ssh,” I whispered and he kissed my cheek as he placed his hand on my waist.

I kissed him again and he smiled pushing his body against me, he deepened the kiss running his hands down my side, he broke away and began kissing my neck.

He gripped my waist.

“They all love you,” he whispered.

“My parents pretty much love you,” I admitted.

“You 2 need to calm down,” I heard someone say and saw Alex and Xavier.

“That’s it sneak outside to make out,” Xavier teased.

“Shut up you did the same,” Jack snapped back laughing.

“Yeah but we didn’t get caught,” Xavier replied.

“We knew you were outside,” Jack stated and Alex laughed.

“Your mom is looking for you,” Xavier said.

We went inside to say bye to everyone before heading home, we walked back to Jacks in the dark. There was a group of guys stood at the end of the street, they all looked over.

“They look friendly,” Jack said sarcastically as we got closer.

“Isn’t there another way?” he asked and I nodded.

“But we’re going this way, don’t worry about them,” I reassured as they started to walk towards us.

“Rory there’s 8 of them,” he said gripping my hand tighter, as we got level with 2 of them they backed away signaling for the others to do the same .

“Is that Zanda’s sister?” one whispered and another nodded as we walked past them all and down our street.

“See not scary,” I said smiling.

“Being a Zanda has its bonuses sometimes,” I admitted as we got to Jack’s house.

“Are you staying?” he asked, I was about to speak when someone spoke making me jump.

“Yes she is,” I spun round to see Jonah.

“I wasn’t checking up on you I was outside smoking,” he explained.

“Did the lot say anything?” he asked pointing up the street.

“No but they did scare Jack,” I joked and he laughed.

“Don’t worry Jack your girlfriend’s a Zanda and apparently that means people are wary,” he said smiling.

“They’re still scary,” Jack replied.

“Anyway I’m going back inside so I’ll see you tomorrow,” Jonah said walking off, we walked in to Jacks house and upstairs.

“I hate being home alone, it’s lonely, Alex is staying over tomorrow,” he admitted and I smiled.

“You’re a wimp but I think your cute,” I replied and he smiled kissing me.

He ran his tongue over my lip and I allowed him to deepen the kiss, I felt his hand trace down my back as the phone rang downstairs and he pulled away.

“I best get that,” he said running downstairs.