Running From Lions

020

I heard him talking as I got changed and walked downstairs to see him sat on the couch and he smiled.

“I’m going to bed mom, night,” he said hanging up.

“She was worried about us” he said as he walked towards me, he wrapped his arms round my waist kissing me.

“You looked hot tonight,” he said and I smiled.

“You didn’t look too bad yourself,” I replied kissing him again as he backed me into the wall.

“Come on lets go to bed,” he said and I followed him back upstairs. I got in his bed in an attempt to keep warm and he walked back into his room in a pair of sweatpants.

“Are you cold?” he asked and I shrugged.

“Aww sweetie come here,” he said sarcastically putting his arms round me as he crawled into bed next to me, I laughed as his fingers tickled my side and tried to push him away.

“Oh fair enough I’ll not touch you then,” he said pretending to be mad at me and he rolled over to face away from me.

I rolled my eyes laughing.

“Jack,” I said and he ignored me so I nudged him but nothing.

“Jacky it’s cold please,” I complained and he started to pretend to snore.

“You know you don’t actually snore right?” I asked laughing and I heard him laugh.

“Don’t ignore me,” I begged as I moved closer to him and he inched away from me.

“Fair enough,” I snapped trying to give him the silent treatment back but I failed and within seconds I was thinking of ways to get his attention, I tried to tickle him but nothing worked.

“You made me do this just remember that!” I warned as I sunk my teeth into the flesh of his shoulder and he jumped.

I stopped and he rolled over glaring at me.

“Did you really just do that you weirdo?” he asked and I smiled nodding.

“Your so horrible to me,” he teased and I looked at him sad.

“You were ignoring me,” I offered as if it was a valid excuse and he smiled.

“There was other ways to get my attention other than biting me, your so weird but I love you.” he said smiling and I beamed back at him.

Whether he truly meant it or not didn’t really matter he’d meant it enough to let the words fall out his mouth.

“You’re a bully but I kind of love you too,” I replied and he smiled at me kissing me. He pulled away leaving space between us and I knew he was doing it on purpose.

“Jacky,” I complained and he smiled.

“Rory!” he mocked back.

He rolled his eyes wrapping his arm round me and pulling me against his own warm body and I smiled.

“See its warmer now,” I stated happily.

“You were never really cold you just want me to hold you against my amazing body,” he joked and I laughed.

“Shut up you love me,” I teased back and he nodded.

“So I’ve heard now shut up complaining before I change my mind,” he snapped and I glared at him.

“You know I thought you were nice,” I stated and I felt him laugh.

“You thought I was hot more like!” he whispered.

“What?” I asked and he smiled.

“As if you thought Alex would keep that one to himself! You thought I looked hot in my checked shirt and skinny jeans,” he bragged.

I stayed quiet.

“I’m sure Alex has told you that I think your hot before and if he hasn’t well Rory Zanda I think your dead good looking,” he said and I laughed kissing his chest.

“My mom asked if your parents knew we were home alone, they do right?” he asked and I nodded.

“So do they think I’m a bad influence or is it you who’s corrupting me?" I asked and he shuffled down to face me.

“Neither I think they’re just aware of how close we live and they don’t want to make enemies,” he admitted and I nodded.

I felt his sweatpants brush on my leg as he fidgeted.

“Hang on when we were at Alex’s you said you were wearing sweatpants because it was wrong not to in his bed,” I lied and he smiled.

“No I said it was wrong to do anything in Alex’s bed, do you have an issue with my sweatpants?” he asked and I shook my head.

“Yeah I bet!” he took his arm from me and I half thought I was about to get the silent treatment again as he fidgeted before returning his arm.

“Better?” he asked and I looked at him confused, he moved my hand to his hip and I realized he’d taken his sweatpants off.

“It’s cold now,” he said shivering and I smiled.

“Well it would be in just boxers,” I teased and he smiled.

“Rory make me warm,” he complained squeezing me tighter and I laughed trying to move away from him.

“Oh no you don’t,” he said pulling me back and I laughed.

“Stop trying to get away from me Rory because we both know you love me,” he said and I laughed giving up my struggle and lying still to which he seemed happy.

“I’m so tired I could sleep for days,” he said and I nodded.

“Probably not advisable though,” I replied and he nodded slowly and I recognized it to be sleepiness.

He placed his hand under my chin lifting it to kiss me before pulling me back into his chest.

“Night babe,” he said.

“Night Jacky,” I said with a smile in my voice and I felt his chest move as he chuckled.

“Love you Rory,” he whispered as he drifted off to sleep.