Running From Lions

042

“Rory!” mom said as we walked into the lounge.

“Oh hi Jack,” she said looking awkward.

“Rory I need to have a chat with you,” she said and I nodded.

“Me too,” I stated and she looked worried.

“Rory I don’t want you to get angry with me but I’ve sold the house,” she just came out with it straight and I kind of admired her ‘get-right-to-it’ attitude.

“I know you wont be happy but I can’t live here anymore, this isn’t my home. But the problem is Florida costs more than this place so we’ll have to buy a smaller house,” she explained.

That meant no room for Jonah.

“Mom I’m not moving to Florida, I hate it and you know it,” I stated and she sighed.

“Rory I know but I can’t live here, there’s no other way,” she said and I nodded.

“This is my home mom, not Florida and by smaller house you mean no Jonah and I can’t leave him,” I said and she sighed.

“So what do you suggest Rory?” she asked being all cocky and I smiled.

“I’m staying here,” I stated.

“You can’t I sold the house and where will you stay?” she asked.

“With Jack,” I stated.

“You can’t live with his parents forever Rory,” she said and I nodded.

“I know but I can live with him, mom I’m not going to Florida I’m staying here and I’m living with Jack,” I said and she looked at me confused.

“There’s an apartment in Xavier’s block and I asked Rory to live with me there,” Jack admitted.

“And I said yes,” I finished.

“Rory you can’t…”

“Mom I can and you know it, plus there’s room for Jonah if he wants to stay with us for awhile. I can’t just move to Florida but you can,” I said and she smiled.

“Look at you all grown up and moving in with your boyfriend and thinking about your brother. Come here,” she said and I ran over hugging her.

“I’m sorry but I can’t live here but if you want to stay I won’t force you to leave,” she said and I smiled.

“So Jack I hope this apartments nice,” she said and he nodded.

“I’m sorry,” he offered and she smiled.

“Don’t you’ve saved me the toughest time of my life because she wouldn’t leave without a fight. Is there enough room for me to visit sometime?” she asked and he nodded.

“Good, then I guess it’s settled. A house for one in Florida and your moving out,” she said to me and I smiled.