Status: Active

Are You Having a Good Time, Sweetheart?

Ten

Image

Alex’s P.O.V.

Today was our anniversary. Sky and I were married one year exactly. Of course I hadn’t forgotten about our agreement, but we really tried and made it work, there was no way she was leaving.

So you understand I was really confused when that particular morning I woke up to find Sky missing from our bed and I noticed her stuff was gone.

I threw on some clothes and ran downstairs, afraid something had happened. I stopped when I saw Sky standing in the living room, a big suitcase next to her.

“Sky, what’s going on? Where are you going?” I didn’t understand what was going on. “It’s been a year Alex. You told me that after our first year I had a choice. I could stay or I could leave, and you won’t try to stop me.”

“Sky, what… NO!” I said, finally understanding what she was saying. “I’m not going to let you leave. I love you, things were going great. Why would you leave?” She didn’t look at me when she answered. “Because I don’t want this. The whole happy family thing, it’s not me. I’m not ready to settle down. I’m going back to Chicago to visit Kat, after that I’ll go back to New York with the rest of my band. Don’t try to find me, it’s better this way.”

She grabbed her suitcase and headed to the door. I couldn’t believe that this was happening. I took a step forward and gently grabbed her wrist. “Don’t go.” I begged. Sky finally looked up at me, she seemed to be on the verge of tears. “Alex please, you promised. You promised you would let me go.” She whispered. I nodded and released my grip.

I sank down on the couch and I heard the front door slam shut. I heard her start her car and drive away, this time for good. It was then that I made my decision. “Fuck that promise.” I mumbled to myself and ran after her. I knew she would be going to the airport, maybe I would still be able to stop her.

I got in my car and tried to start it, but it didn’t work. I tried again and again and again, but the car would start. I slammed my hand against the steering wheel. “FUCK!” I yelled, not caring about the pain in my hand. I slung back in the seat and closed my eyes. Why did the damn thing have to break down today of all days.

I snapped my eyes open when I heard a soft nock on the window. “Alex, why are you sitting in your car? Something wrong?” I looked up at my best friend. “She left.” I said flatly. “This morning when I woke up she already had packed her back and she told me she was leaving.”

I opened the door and got out of the car. “Come on, let’s go inside. You’re gonna have to explain this a little more.” Jack said. Once we were inside I told him what Sky said before she left.

Jack was quiet for a while. “She didn’t tell you, did she?” He asked. “Tell me what?” I demanded. “Well, you know about my cousins bachelor party a while back?” I nodded. “We went to this strip club and Sky was there…..”

-----------------------------------------------------------------

After Jack was done I was speechless. “So that’s why she left? Because she was afraid something might happen to me or Hailey. She just wanted to protect us?”

“Yes, she loves you and Hailey more than anything. She would sacrifice everything to keep you two save, including her own happiness.” Jack said softly. I knew that was true.

“So what happened to that guy? Her boss?” Jack chuckled. “I told my cousin, he works at the police department. That Nick guy and his friend, the owner of the club in New York, got arrested. Something about dealing drugs I think. There no danger to Sky anymore, or anyone else for that matter.” I couldn’t help but smile at this news.

“That’s why I came in the first place, to tell Sky she didn’t have to be afraid anymore. Guess I’m too late.” He said apologizing. “It’s not your fault. I wished she told me this though.” “She didn’t want you involved. She was afraid they might do something to you to keep her there.”Jack explained.

I jumped up. “Can I borrow your car? Mine broke down and I have to go to the airport.” Jack laughed and tossed me the keys. “Go get your girl back.” He chuckled. “I’ll watch Hailey.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The drive to the airport wasn’t very long. It took forever to find a parking spot, so eventually I decided to dump the damn thing in at the side of the road. I would worry about that later.

I pushed my way through the enormous crowd of people inside the airport, not caring about anyone getting upset or irritated with me.

I ran to the gate, praying I would be on time. Suddenly I was stopped by an security guard. “Sir, you can’t go through here. I need to see you boarding pass first.” He said calmly. “No, please, you don’t understand, I need to find my wife, I need to talk to her. Please, just before she’s gone.” I begged, but he wouldn’t let me go.

We argued a little before he called for back-up. As soon as he was distracted by that I pushed passed him and run.

The airport was enormous, how was I going to find her before she would go on board. Suddenly I heard the announcement. Last call for passengers of flight 672 to Chicago.

I finally found gate 12B, I wave of relieve washed over me, but that was before I saw the doors were already closed. “Please, I need to get on that plane. My wife is on it and I need to talk to her. I need to explain. Please I need to…” I begged to girl behind the counter.

“Sir I’m very sorry, but the plane already left. It’s gone.” She said, giving me a sympathetic look. I nodded and turned around to leave, feeling numb.

It’s gone. It’s gone. It’s gone….. Her words echoed in my head.

It’s gone. Sky’s gone, she’s really gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't proofread, sorry if there are any mistakes. I'll edit later.

This is the last chapter. There's only an epilogue left and there won't be a sequel. After the epilogue Alex and Sky's story is done.

The epilogue is written and will be up soon, depending on the amount of feedback I get on this chapter.
comments = update and I know you all want that last chapter :P

Love, Felicia.