Holly, Would You Turn Me

Just Get Off My Mind

It’s been 2 weeks since then and luckily Holly’s bruise had gone and we could go out again but it was causing issues, I’d so far ignored Jack and we existed as if we never liked one another.

We’d gone to visit her mom seeing as it’d been months since she last saw her; Holly’s mom opened the door and tilted her head before dragging us inside.

Her mother was one of them that had ‘women’s intuition’ as she called it and she could pick up on everything and anything.

“Alex!” she said looking Holly over and I smiled at her knowing she’d noticed straight away that something had happened to Holly’s eye even though nobody else could notice anymore.

“What happened?” she asked.

“I had an accident,” Holly lied and I rolled my eyes.

“Jack hit her and I gave him a punch don’t you worry Debs,” I said and she smiled sending Holly off to get us drinks.

“Why?” Debs asked so Holly wouldn’t hear.

“We were fighting and she told us to stop, I stopped but he didn’t. She told him off again and he slapped her, it scared me,” I admitted.

“Scared for her?” she asked and I shook my head.

“Scared of myself, I’ve never lost it like that before. I just never thought and I grabbed him by the throat pinning him against the wall before punching him. I never even thought who it was, in that second I could’ve killed him,” I admitted and she smiled.

“It’s natural Alex, I’m glad you stood up for her,” Debs said smiling.

“It must’ve hurt her, he hit her with so much force and she’s so tiny. It was weird as hell but I just wanted to hold her and I never get like that with her, don’t get me wrong I’ll protect her and if she’s upset I’ll hug her but it was different,” I admitted and she tilted her head before shrugging.

“Maybe you felt guilty after all your boyfriend hit her, which I bet makes things awkward for you 2,” she said and I shook my head.

“Really you don’t find it hard being with him?” she asked and I looked away hating the fact everything served as a reminder of Jack.

“The moment he raised his hand to her I stopped being with him,” I stated and her eyes widened.

“Really you broke up?” I nodded.

“Okay so now I see why this is so weird. I personally thought you’d make his life hell for ages but that you’d still be with him,” Debs said.

“Can I come in yet?” Holly shouted from the kitchen and I smiled.

“Yes,” her mom replied and Holly walked in.

“How’s Zack?” her mom asked, Debs knew about Holly and Zack but mainly because I’d mentioned them once in front of her and they had no option but to admit they were dating.

I’d known Debs all my life and she’d known like most of my family that I was in fact gay and she didn’t seem to care one bit and she supported the whole Holly and I ‘dating’ story more than most, Holly nodded.

“Good,” she said and I sensed there was something she wasn’t telling us but I left it until we got back to our house.

We walked in and I sat on the couch in a world of my own when I felt her body next to mine and I looked round at her.

“Are you coming to Rian’s tonight?” she asked and I stared blankly.

“His party, are you coming?” I shrugged.

“Well I want you to come,” she said standing up and walking off and I knew going out was a good thing for me.

A party would give me a chance to have fun with friends and forget everything, plus I hadn’t been to a real party in ages.

walked off and got changed before seeing Holly was ready to go and we walked down to Rian’s house, we walked I to see the place was packed already and the air smelt of stale smoke and beer but it was a smell that I hadn’t been around for a long time and I missed it.