Holly, Would You Turn Me

Harder Then I Thought

It’s been 3 days since and Holly and I hadn’t left the house or seen anybody, I had bruised knuckles and a few marks from my fight with Jack and Holly had a bruised face.

It wouldn’t take long for people to put the two together and jump to the conclusion I’d given her a beating.

Jack tried to talk to me but we both knew it would never be that easy, he’d hurt the one thing I valued the most and he was lucky his cut lip was all he’d gotten for it.

I’d spent vast amounts of time feeling sorry for myself and I got up walking to see Holly still in bed and got in next to her.

I snuggled into her body.

“Will you ever forgive him?” she asked and I shook my head.

“You miss him?” she asked and I nodded.

“More than I thought but I just can’t be with him, he knows better than anyone what you mean to me and he treats you this way,” I stated.

“What if he’s right? What if you choose me over him?” he asked and I closed my eyes as she raked her fingers through my hair.

“What if I do? You’re my best friend,” I replied.

“He’s your boyfriend,” she said and I shook my head.

“Not anymore he’s not, we’re over. Really over,” I said starting to cry.

“Don’t cry Alex. It’s okay there’s loads more people who’ll love you,” she reassured and I nodded, they might love me but I’d never love them as much as Jack.