Status: Active

So There's a New Boy Next Door...Did I Mention He's Rather Cute?

Chapter 19

I decided to go shopping with Hunter the next morning as Casey was spending the day with his grandparents, but we were all meeting up later at the Lutzka household to have another sleepover and a campfire.
Hunter and I were trying on sunglasses in Topshop and making each other laugh with the faces and poses that we were coming up with. “So Skye, I saw the pictures of you and Casey,” he pulled the sunglasses down his nose and winked at me before pushing them back up, making me chuckle.
“What pictures?”
“From last night; your mom showed me them.” Seriously? She did that? Well to be honest, it didn’t surprise me as her and Hunter were always sharing gossip. They were like a couple of teenagers when they were together, a lot like how she and Sharon were behaving last night; but it made me laugh all the same. “They looked cute, like literally really adorable. You two almost looked like you were you know...” he nudged me playfully, “going out.” I shot him a look and he just grinned. “Come on Skye, I know that you like him, Jasey told me.”
“She told you?! She promised that she wouldn’t tell anyone, oh my goodness I’m going to kill her!”
“AHA! So you do like him,” screeched Hunter, a grin spread across his face as he started jumping around like an utter idiot.
“Wait, Jasey didn’t tell you did she? You just said that to make me admit it didn’t you.” He nodded triumphantly and started cooing about how “such a perfect couple” we would make. He carried on like it for the rest of the shopping trip, but I just managed to zone it out for most of the time.
Jasey and Kyo decided to meet up with us at the mall and Hunter persuaded me to tell Kyo about my feelings for Casey. When I eventually gave in, both of them began jumping around.
“Holy Gaskarth on a tricycle! This is AWESOME! You two are absolutely PERFECT for each other!”
“I told her that too! They are just ahhhh adorable!” And that’s how they carried on until we got Starbuck’s and decided to go back to Hunter and Jasey’s.
***
We were waiting for everyone to arrive as we started up the campfire in the special pit that The Lutzka’s had in their garden. We were putting on some more logs when the doorbell rang and Hunter and Kyo raced off to answer it. A few minutes later everyone was here and we were all huddled around the campfire roasting marshmallows and chatting.
“I have an idea!” announced Hunter. “Let’s play truth or dare!” We all agreed and so the games began. Honestly I was never a big fan of this game as I was never that good at dares and I always worried what embarrassing things I may have to admit if I were to choose truth.
“Skye you go first!” screeched Kyo, nudging Hunter. “Truth or Dare?”
“Uhm...truth.”
“Who do you have a crush on?” Hunter and Kyo asked in unison. I knew immediately what they were trying to do; they were trying to get me to admit that I like Casey in front of him. But that wasn’t going to happen, oh no.
“Jack Barakat,” I stated, naming my celebrity crush.
“We meant an actual person that you know,” complained Hunter.
“Ahh, but you didn’t specify that did you.” There, I saved myself that time, but from now on I would have to be even more careful.
The game carried on and about 15 minutes later after Hunter had jumped in the pool with all of his clothes on, Casey had admitted to sleeping with a cuddly toy until he was 11 and Jasey had drunk a whole bottle of ketchup the door bell rang. We looked around at each other wondering who it could be.
“Oh I hope you guys don’t mind, but I invited some more people,” announced Jasey. She ran to open the door and a few minutes later she stepped out into the garden followed by Trent and Drake. I jumped out of my seat and ran to him throwing my arms around him in a hug and then I did the same to Drake.
“Hello sweetheart,” Trent grinned. He waved at everyone else.
“You remember Trent don’t you guys,” Jasey grinned as they all nodded. “And this is Drake.”
“So let’s get back to the game!” shrieked Kyo after everyone introduced themselves. Axel was up next and his dare was to let Hayden style his hair like a girl. We all laughed as Hayden began, and Jasey and I noticed how much she was blushing at the close proximity between herself and Axel.
Jasey whispered in my ear, oh my goodness look! He’s given her his jacket!” And with that I looked up and saw that not only was Axel’s jacket draped over Hayden’s shoulders, but his cheeks were also starting to tinge a light pink colour. Was he blushing? Oh my goodness, he was! I couldn’t help but smile at how perfect they are for each other.
After we snapped some pictures of the newly improved girl version of Axel, Hunter decided that it was once again my turn.
“Dare,” I chose after considering my options carefully. However I didn’t choose them carefully enough, but now that I think about it I think that they could have tried to have got what they wanted out of me whatever way they tried.
“I dare you to tell us who you have a crush on. And not a celebrity this time.”
“Forfeit,” I declared.
“Right, that means that you have to do this dare okay? No backing out.”
I considered it and thought well I’d rather not have to spill out my feelings for Casey like this, especially not with everyone here and staring. I’d rather not be rejected by him at all, let alone in front of all of my friends. So I agreed to do the forfeit.
Hunter, Kyo and Trent all huddled together in a little group discussing what my forfeit could be. I was starting to get impatient and I jumped out of my skin when Trent screamed that they had the perfect idea. To be honest, those three were a lot like each other: extremely hyper.
“We dare you to kiss Casey,” giggled Trent.
“On the lips,” added Kyo and Hunter in unison once again, grins spread across their lips.