Status: Active

So There's a New Boy Next Door...Did I Mention He's Rather Cute?

Chapter 20 ~Finale~

My mouth dropped open and when I looked over to Casey he looked like a deer caught in the headlights.
“Well...what are you waiting for?” asked Hunter, a smirk spread across his lips. “You have to do it remember, it’s a forfeit.”
I was really stuck now, so I began to use any excuse I could. I mean I couldn’t kiss him (no matter how much I wanted to). I mean, he doesn’t want to kiss me and if he kisses me I’m pretty sure I’d go all weak at the knees and make a complete fool of myself and go all red and I would be a floundering mess. “That’s not fair on Casey, doesn’t he have a say in this?”
“Well it can be his dare too,” shrugged Trent as if it were the simplest thing on the planet.
I looked at Casey and he looked down at me, “I guess we have to,” he shrugged.
“But I can’t do it! Everyone’s looking,” I complained.
“We’ll all close our eyes,” suggested Kyo. I shook my head no; as I knew for a fact that Hunter would peek. “Fine, well go further down the garden then.” Casey got up and held out his hand and I took it, mine shaking a little. “And don’t think about pretending that you’ve kissed when you really haven’t, because I’ll be able to tell,” he called after us.
We made our way behind the little pool house that was in the garden so no one could see us and we were just out of hearing distance. I looked up at Casey and he had a small smile on his face, but it didn’t reach his eyes. “You know, you don’t have to kiss me if you don’t want to,” he spoke gently. “I mean, I know I’m not exactly Trent or anything.”
“What do you mean?” I asked, more than a little confused.
“I know you like Trent,” he smiled somewhat sadly, looking down at his shoes.
“What?” No, I don’t like Trent like that, we’re just friends. And besides, he’s gay.”
Casey’s head snapped up, “what?”
“Trent’s gay, Drake is his boyfriend,” I explained and noticed him smile a bit, the smile reaching his eyes this time.
“Really?” I nodded and he let out a sigh. Then his face dropped again, “but I know I’m not really the person that you’d want to kiss, so-”
“Don’t be silly, of course I want to kiss you!” Damn, did I really just say that out loud? I did, I guess I let it slip.
“You mean that?” he asked shocked. I nodded slowly, keeping my head down and looking at my shoes. “Well, you know, seeing as we’re supposed to kiss and all, you can if you want. Kiss me I mean. I would like it if you did, I mean uh, I wouldn’t mind. I uh...uhm, yeah, I’m going to shut up now.” I looked up to see him blushing heavily, but a smile was on his face still and his eyes were glinting in the moonlight. “But I really would like it if you kissed me.”
We both just stood there blushing and I took hold of his hand. He looked up and our eyes locked. I felt him leaning in closer as I could sense myself doing the same. Soon our lips met gently as my eyes started to close and my stomach started to flutter more than it ever had. I felt myself go weak at the knees as Casey deepened the kiss, but he wrapped his arms around me to prevent me from falling to the ground as I kissed him back. Was he feeling the same way that I was? Were all of these beautiful emotions overwhelming his body and mind as well?
I got my answer when our lips parted and he rested his forehead against my own. I opened my eyes and l saw a look of complete adoration in Casey’s eyes and I melted. That look was for me and solely me.
“I really like you Skye,” he murmured against my lips. “I like you a lot, and I mean a lot a lot.”
“I really like you too Casey, like, a lot a lot,” I grinned up at him and kissed his lips quickly as they began to turn into an even wider grin.
“I’ve wanted to kiss you since the first day I met you and you walked into my room with my mom. You just looked so adorable standing there and when I got to know you even more I just fell even deeper. I’m so glad I moved here now and I just...you’re so beautiful and I was wondering if...uh...Skye, do you maybe want to be my girlfriend?”
His cheeks were flushed a little and he looked so adorable looking up from under his eyelashes. My answer was obvious, “I’d love to be your girlfriend Casey.”
He kissed me again and held my hand as we began to make our way back to where everyone else was surrounded by the fire. As they saw us, Hunter, Trent and Kyo all began clapping and whooping.
“So you didn’t back out!” screeched Hunter happily.
“How do you know?” Casey asked, voicing what I happened to be thinking at the time.
“You’re both grinning like absolute fools,” stated Kyo bluntly. Wow, that’s a little embarrassing.
“Two fools that are in love!” Trent winked.
“So are you two finally going out now?” asked Axel, a smile playing on his lips. Casey pulled me in closer to him as we nodded in reply before he placed a kiss to my cheek, causing everyone gathered around to awh.
We sat down next to each other and Casey passed me a marshmallow, a smile on his face and a loving look in his eyes. “I’m so glad I moved here,” he whispered against my lips before kissing me once again. This time I didn’t care that people were around, I was far too lost in the moment, and I had to agree with him, I was beyond glad that he moved here too. I told him and he grinned at me as I fed him the marshmallow that I had just roasted.
“You know what Skye? I’m pretty sure that I’m in love with you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd love to know what you thought! Message me, I don't bite!
Spread Good Vibes & Stay Awesome!
With Love, Evangeline x