Status: Active

So There's a New Boy Next Door...Did I Mention He's Rather Cute?

Chapter 9

“Skkkkyeee!!!” I heard as my door flung open and Michael threw himself on my bed.

“Michael! What are you doing?” I just about jumped out of my skin.

“I came to see you, what does it look like?”

“Like you were trying to scare me to death.”

“I was not, mom told me to come up here.”

“How comes?”

“She said that you gotta go get your boyfriend soon so that you can go to Hunter’s,” this confused me. He had a smirk plastered across his face.

“What are you talking about?” I asked.

“You gotta go get your boyfriend.” I just stared at him like he was mental. “Casey.” He knew exactly what he was doing.

I jumped on him and whined “Casey’s not my boyfriend!”

“Sure, sure. Not yet anyway.” And with that he ran downstairs with me chasing closely behind him. My mom called after us and asked what we were doing.

“Nothing,” we said in unison.

“Well, you better hurry up, we’re going soon. So I’ll need you to get Casey in a minute.” Behind her, I saw Michael mouth your boyfriend and honestly it took me all of my might not to run at him. But I nodded to my mom and went to get my things from upstairs and bring them down before going to get Casey. I knocked on the door and Sharon answered it, ushering me inside and calling for Casey.

Soon I saw him come downstairs with his bag. “Hi,” he greeted and I smiled and waved at him, causing him to laugh. His mom said goodbye to us and we went to get in my mom’s car. All the way there we talked about random things, but I could see that Casey was a little nervous so I reached over the seat and hugged him. He wrapped his arms back around me as best as he could, what with us being in a car and all.

“You look nervous,” I said. “Are you?”

“Just a little,” was his reply.

“Awhhh, don’t be nervous! You’re going to be fine!” I assured him.

“You think so?”

“I know so,” I smiled up at him and he smiled down at me. I loved that smile.

***
We pulled up outside Hunter and Jasey’s house. As we got to the door, I knocked on it and it was immediately opened by Hunter. He threw his arms around both of us, before waving to my mom and pulling us into the house. As soon as the door was closed I was hit by the lovely smell of cookies.

“So are you guys ready to party?!” Hunter sang, doing some kind of weird Egyptian dance. We both laughed at him.

“Sure, why not?” I replied as Hunter began to waltz through the house to find everyone else. Casey didn’t really know what to do, so before I even knew what I was doing, I grabbed his hand and pulled him through to where Hunter was taking us, smiling up at him and receiving a smile from him. I felt all tingly in my tummy taking his hand, but I tried to shake it off. When we got into the back room, which was huge (Mr & Mrs Lutzka had designed it for Jasey and Hunter) I noticed Jasey and Hayden were in there. I ran over to them and threw myself on them both. They both giggled and hugged me back.

“How are you both?” I asked.

“GREAT!” was their united reply.

“Did you have a good time at your grandparents?” I asked Jasey.

“Yep, I sure did. We went to this theme park and this guy gave me his number! He was really cute and he said that we should meet up next time I go over there.” She seemed extremely excited and indeed she was.

“Awehh, that’s great!” Then I remembered Casey was still in the doorway, looking a bit out of place. “Oh guys, by the way, this is Casey. He’s my new neighbour. He’s going to our school after the holidays and he’s superly cool!”

“Heyyy Casey,” Hayden waved.

“S’up Caaayyysaaaayyyy,” stretched out Jasey, topping it off with a gangster nod of the head. “I’m Jasey, like the Jasey Rae, but without the Rae of course. And this,” she pointed to Hayden. “Is Hayden, probably the geekiest person you’ll ever meet. Apart from Invader Zim of course, he is the brains of the best operations.” I noticed Casey laugh a little.

“Hey Jasey, Hayden,” he smiled, shaking their hands. He looked at me cutely, not knowing what to do next. I sat down on a beanbag and pulled him down next to me. The beanbags were extremely big after all. He smiled at me and Hunter walked back in with the cookies that I had smelt earlier. He threw one at each of us as we turned on the TV and Jasey immediately switched it to Invader Zim, not wanting to miss her daily fix. We watched and talked, while Jasey was fixated to the telly. There was no point in trying to draw her attention away from the screen when Invader Zim was on: she was completely obsessed with it. I was glad that Casey seemed to look a lot more comfortable now. We were waiting for Axel and Kyo who were coming later. Casey’s managed to not get too freaked out by my friends so far, I just hope that Kyo doesn’t scare him.

As soon as Invader Zim finished, Jasey came back into reality. Hunter took this as a chance to turn over the TV, he flicked through all of the channels until he decided on watching the music video for Bad. Romance by Lady Gaga. Let’s just say that, I had never seen anyone dance so weirdly. Just then the doorbell rang and I went to get it, seeing as Hunter refused to answer it, because he was busy screeching along to the lyrics, to which he knew every single one.

I opened the door and Axel was standing there smiling, closely followed by Kyo running up the path behind him screeching “Sorry I’m late!” I smiled to myself as they both came in and Kyo ran straight in to the room with everyone in. I heard him screech “THE PARTY IS HERE!” before I heard laughs and even more screeching. Axel hugged me and we walked into the back room, everyone was now here. As we walked through the door, Axel stopped.

“Dear God,” he muttered loudly, causing Hayden to laugh. He took one more look at the terrible dance moves of Hunter and Kyo, before flopping down next to Casey. I noticed that the reason why Kyo had run past me so fast was the fact that he heard Lady Gaga, and he absolutely loves her. He hadn’t even bothered to take his coat off before he started dancing.

“Hey, I’m Axel,” Axel greeted Casey.

“I’m Casey, Skye’s next door neighbour.” They shook hands and then Axel spoke up again.

“I’m sorry about Kyo, he’s kind of...a freak.” He lauged.

Casey laughed along too. “It’s okay, I mean Lady Gaga is quite...catchy. I suppose” We all laughed. Soon the song came to an end and Kyo finally realised that someone new was in the room.

“HELLO I’M KYO!” He hugged Casey, catching Casey off guard, but he still hugged him back, patting his back laughing slightly.

“Hey Kyo, I’m Casey.”

“That’s cool! And how do you come about joining this club of amazing dance moves and yummy snacks?” He took a bite of his cookie and we all just laughed at him, all apart from Hunter who was by now doing a sped up version of the Cupid Shuffle, completely out of time with the video.

“He’s Skye’s new neighbour,” explained Hayden.

“Ahhhh, makes sense. Well welcome! I hope you know how to let loose and pop lock and drop it!” And with that he and Hunter started doing the dance for that as well. It was most likely, no it definitely was, the worst ever interpretation of it, especially as they seemed to trip over more than once.

After a couple of hours, when Kyo had finally decided to take off his coat, and Casey began to feel more at home, the pizza showed up. Hunter was the first to run to the door, closely followed by Kyo, who then offered the pizza guy some of his skittles. Before anymore food could be offered, Mrs Lutzka came downstairs and sorted the pizza out for us. She paid the pizza guy and we all thanked her and introduced her to Casey. She was more than welcoming to him and said that he could feel free to come over at anytime. I was so glad that everyone was getting along.
♠ ♠ ♠
Spread Good Vibes and Stay Awesome
Evangeline x