Status: Active.

Raya Rose: The Opportunist.

You Got to be Kidding Me

Raya instantly melted in Jacob’s arms. Everything felt so right at the moment. She was extremely confused. Why was he kissing her? A couple of hours ago he had basically told her he wanted nothing to do with her. She pulled away from him making Jacob groan. Jacob tried to reach her to get her back in his arms but she kept backing away. He looked at her confused his eyes showing a bit of hurt by her action.

“Why did you kiss me?” she asked narrowing her eyes in confusion.

“Because I wanted to… do you not want me to kiss you?” he asked a bit hurt.

She shook her head “I don’t know” she answered honestly making Jacob frown “Just a couple of hours ago you said to forget everything that happened between us and now you’re here kissing me… I don’t understand”

Jacob sighed, “There’s a lot I don’t understand,” he admitted as well. For example the fact that he imprinted on her by kissing her, did that even make sense? Mostly everyone imprinted at first sight. “I just—I—“ he sighed frustrated running his hands through his hair. He couldn’t find the words to tell her how he felt without freaking her out. He couldn’t say that he loved her, it was too soon.

“You just what?” she asked coming closer to him.

Jacob could feel his breath taken away as she stepped closer to him. Everything about her was so intoxicating. Her eyes he felt like he could look into them forever, her scent was amazing his mind became fuzzy and he couldn’t think straight. She jumbled him up.

“You just what, Jacob?” She asked again when he didn’t answer her.

“It’s Jake” he said softly “ Everyone I care about calls me Jake… Its just Jake”

She felt her lips twitch up letting a smile display completely on her face. She then let out a chuckle. When he told her that he made her feel so giddy. He had implied that he cared about her. She probably looked ridiculous laughing the way she was but she just couldn’t help it. She felt happy for some reason and she couldn’t explain it. She felt like a little schoolgirl with a crush. It. was. Weird.

Yet, she was enjoying every moment of it.

She cleared her throat when her chuckle died down “Ok just Jake… Now tell me what’s your deal”

“I just—I – I really care about you Raya” he said feeling good to let those words out.

“But you said—“

“I know what I said,” he interrupted “And everything I said before was a lie… I care about you a lot, a whole lot actually. And I was just scared” he confessed.

“Scared of what?”

“You”

That took Raya aback. How could someone as large and as tough as Jacob be afraid of her? He could easily take her down. She mentally laughed knowing Jacob would never physically hurt her.

“Why me? Look at you Jacob you’re huge!” she exclaimed.

Jacob let out a little chuckle at her reaction. He looked deep in her eyes “You could easily break my heart Raya, completely destroy me. I just didn’t want to get hurt again. Not again, especially not by you”

She could feel herself melt again by his words. Who had hurt him so bad that he had been afraid to get close to anybody?

“You can’t blame everyone for someone else’s mistake”

He sighed, “I know Raya, I know” he moved in closer and took hold of both her hand intertwining them with his. “I’ve been a real dick to you, and you still stuck around. You were never mean to me even when I tried to make your life a living hell. You’re just so caring, to everyone. I just want to show you how much I care about you. I want to repair the damage. Just please give me a chance” he pleaded.

She looked deep into his light brown eyes. She had grown to love them. They were always so warm even when he was cold. And now everything about him radiated warmth. He was being sincere she could tell. She wanted to love and be loved. She deserved that. And here was the universe giving her that opportunity with Jacob.

Would she take it?

She pulled herself away from him and gave him her back. She sighed pushing her hair back. All her life she had just wanted someone who would truthfully care for her and now that she had that chance she didn’t know what to do with it. She needed time. She shook her head heading towards the house making Jacob’s heart crumbling with each step she took. She stopped when she reached the door realization coursing through her whole body like a bucket of ice-cold water.

She never wanted to leave here. Never leave Jacob’s side. Her plan was to get what she needed and be on her merry way. But now Jacob was making it hard for her. Not just Jacob. It was Emily, Paul, Embry, Sam, Jared, Quil, Kim, Seth and even Leah! Who was making it hard on her. They had become the family she had always dreamed about. The amazingly dysfunctional family she yearned for.

Emily, the mother to them all. The one that made everyone feel welcomed. The one who made sure there was plenty of food for them all. The one who had accepted her with opened arms.

Sam the protective father. The one who scolded them every once in a while with good intentions. The one who made sure she was warm when she fell asleep on the couch.

Paul, the grouchy yet lovable brother who would do anything to protect them out of harms way. The one who would bring her back home when Jacob would forget about her.

Jared the rational one the one that gave the best advice and always had an ear to listen to you cry your heart out. The one who hugged her and told her everything would be ok.

Embry the joker of them all. The one who was always willing to put a smile on your face even when he himself was down. The one who had welcomed her to the family and showed her around.

Quil, the smart one who always had some sort of remark. The one who always had something to argue about. The one who always saved a seat for her for breakfast.

Seth the cute and adorable little brother who was always they’re making sure you were ok and brightening the day. The one who made her feel like she belonged.

Leah the grumpy sister who wanted nothing to do with anyone yet deep down she cared even though she hardly showed it. The one who opened up her home for her when Jacob would leave.

And finally Jacob, the guy who treated her like crap yet she still stuck around because his big brown orbs said there was something behind them. The boy who had forgotten how to love. The boy who just wanted someone to love. The boy who was stealing her heart.

She never wanted to leave, ever. She wanted a home, a family. She wanted to be a part of them. Home was here with the people who had accepted her, who didn’t judge her even though she came here unexpectedly one day with all of her luggage.

Jacob was finally letting her in. He was letting her in his life. He was accepting her.

He cared.

Screw time she thought. She had worked hard to be where she was at and gain Jacob’s trust. She turned to see Jacob staring sadly at the ground with his jaw clenched.

She let out a chuckle gaining Jacob’s attention. She smiled at him and Jacob looked at her confused. Yes, defiantly screw time. This time, time could wait.

She ran to Jacob and threw herself on him Jacob quickly catching her in his arms. She smiled at him before connecting her lips towards his. Jacob was totally confused but he wasn’t complaining and kissed her back with the same intensity. When they pulled away for air Jacob was grinning ear to ear. He couldn’t help it. He felt an incredibly insane sense of happiness to have her in his arm. How the hell could he have avoided her all those months? It just seemed ridiculous and unreal. Jacob moved his head down to her to kiss her again but she stopped him.

“Wait” she said she made a move to get off of him and Jacob put her down reluctantly and confused. “I just want to say, that I don’t want this to happen quickly… I want to be wooed” she admitted timidly. She wanted the whole sha-bang that came with the start of a new relationship. She wanted it all, the butterflies, the stolen kisses and just everything.

Jacob looked down at her warmly. He loved it when she blushed. “Anything for you” he said pulling her closer “just one more kiss and the wooing begins” he said in low husky voice looking from her eyes to her lips. Raya chuckled but gave him what he wanted. She kissed him and he wrapped his arms around her tightly loving the warmth that emitted from him.

Somebody cleared their throat making Raya and Jacob break away from their kiss. Raya blushed moving away from Jacob when she found Paul, Embry, Quil, Jared, and Seth in front of them. The boys looked at the couple with smirks on their faces.

“Looks like we interrupted Jacob’s and Raya’s sexy time guys” Paul snickered along with the guys.

Jacob rolled his eyes but grinned when he saw Raya’s reaction. She was blushing madly. She had never been in that position and for some reason it felt good.

“Shut up guy’s you’re embarrassing my girl” Jacob said putting his arm around Raya’s shoulder.

“Oh you’re girl?” Jared teased “Seth over here was actually starting to think he had a chance with you’re girl” the boys all laughed except Jacob who raised an eyebrow at Seth.

Seth’s cheeks instantly turned pink and looked at the floor “Guys!” he whined.

Raya chuckled thinking it was cute, she knew Seth had a little crush on her. He was always so sweet and giving her little details like flowers he picked himself. But he was just a boy who was infatuated with the older girl. Raya pulled away from Jacob and went to Seth wrapping her arm around his waist since she couldn’t exactly reach his shoulder.

“We all know you’re my favorite Seth” she smiled at him making Seth blush again.

“I thought I was you’re favorite!” Embry whined

“No, she said I was her favorite just last week” Jared informed.

Paul shook his head “You’re all wrong, I’m the hottest. I’ve seen the way she looks at me” he smirked winking at Raya.

“Yeah, yeah she likes you all, I get it.” Jacob said pulling Raya away from Seth “Enough with the friendliness”

Friendliness

Raya gasped when she realized something..

Marc!

She had completely forgotten about him. How could she have been so insensitive! How could Jacob have been so insensitive! She turned around to look at Jacob and narrowed her eyes at him. Jacob turned to look at her when he felt her staring at him. He turned around with a smile on his face but wiped it off when he found her glaring at him.

“Oh, I think we should go guys” Jared told his pack brothers all of them agreeing and entering the house.

“What’s wrong?” Jacob asked as soon as the boys vanished.

“You know what’s wrong Jacob! I left Marc without telling him anything!” she cried out.

Jacob frowned “That’s his name?” he rolled his eyes “What a marshmallow”

“What are you? 12?” Raya scoffed at Jacob’s childish attitude.

“Raya who cares about him. You shouldn’t have been with him in the first place”

Raya’s glare only grew deeper “I care. And if this is your way of “wooing” me you’re not doing a very good job” she said turning inside the house.

Jacob sighed frustrated. Damn it! this was going to be harder than he thought. But he meant come on! Did Raya really think he was going to be nice and understanding to the man who was trying to steal his woman? Hell no! Marc he thought his name with disgust had something coming to him if he thought he could come in the picture and steal his girl. Over his dead body.

Raya ran upstairs to get her phone when she reached it she saw 14 missed calls. Guilt washed over her. All of them were from Marc. She immediately dialed his number hoping he would answer.

“Hello?” she heard his voice

“Marc!” she answered relieved.

“What’s going on Raya?” she heard him say tiredly.

“I’m sorry… for everything”

“Why didn’t you tell me you were married?” he asked a bit hurt.

“Because… I don’t know” she sighed “Mine and Jacob’s relationship is complicated”

“So you lied to me?”

“Not necessarily. I just didn’t mention it.”

“And here I thought I had a chance with you”

She chuckled “Marc, you’re gay”

There was silence on the other end.

“Marc?” she asked.

“I don’t know Raya” he sighed

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion “You don’t know what?”

“Believe me I thought I was gay, but I don’t know… You’re just… different”

Raya’s eyes opened wide in surprise “What are you trying to say?”

“I think I’m feeling something for you, Raya” he confessed softly

Jacob opened the door angrily his chest heaving up and down.

“I swear I’m going to beat the shit out of that son of a bitch!” he roared.

Raya turned to look at him frighten.

You got to be kidding me!
♠ ♠ ♠
Well hello guys!

I know I've been lacking on this story, but for a while my inspiration for this story vanished, but it might be picking up again since there are people who have asked me to continue this story, so I might but I'm not sure. I guess I need your guy's a opinion so just leave a comment and we'll see what happens.

Thanks for the support!:D

Love,

icanread29