Status: Active.

Raya Rose: The Opportunist.

Chapter Four.

It had been about two weeks since her arrival, and he didn’t make it easy on her. They fought plenty of times, mainly because it seemed to her that that’s what Jacob wanted. He probably thought that if they kept arguing she would pack up her stuff and leave him like in those cheesy movies. Well news flash buddy, she wasn’t going anywhere. She was getting pretty sick of having to repeat that over and over to him. He didn’t seem to understand that concept. Every time they ended up fighting, she would put a smile on, which only caused him to get more furious and raise his voice even more if that was even possible.

That boy sure had some vocal cords in him. If she were another she would have probably already had coward away, which to Jacob’s disdain it wasn’t the case. Unlike Jacob the other boy’s had seem to take a liking to her, taking her to the beach and showing her around. She had even met Emily and Sam. Emily had come over and it was her who had opened the door. She found a copper skin tone girl standing there holding containers in her hand. Half of her face was scarred, but that didn’t wash away her beauty. Emily smiled when she saw her and flung her arms around her taking Raya by surprise.

“Oh it’s so nice to meet you!” the woman said.

“Uh you too?” Raya patted her back awkwardly.

The women backed away “I’m Emily, a close friend of Jacob and the guys” her smile didn’t go away.

“I’m—“

“Raya, I know! Jacob’s wife”

Raya chuckled at Emily’s enthusiasm; it seemed to be everybody was taking her arrival great, all except Jacob.

“Well, come on in” Raya moved to the side letting Emily in. Emily made her way to the kitchen, putting the containers on the counter.

“These are for you and Jacob honey” Emily tapped on the containers “You and Jacob are probably too busy, to think about cooking” Emily winked at her.

Raya chuckled if only that were the case she thought to herself.

“Thanks, that was very kind of you” Raya said sincerely.

“So?” Emily’s smile continued “Tell me the story”

“What story?” Raya chuckled. Emily sat at the table.

“The one where you and Jacob met and fell madly in love, silly!” Emily giggled.

“Oh, you know, it was like any other story” she said brushing it off.

“Oh please! You must tell! None of us knew that Jake had a girlfriend, let alone that he was thinking of marrying her! It’s a big deal honey… so tell me, how did you meet?”

“At a party, and we just hit it off from there” she said not mentioning the part where Jacob was wasted.

“How long did you guy’s date?”

“Oh about two hours or so” Raya said oh so casually.

Emily scrunched her eyebrows “I’m sorry what?”

“We dated for two hours”

“Two hours?” Emily asked still puzzled. Raya nodded.

“And you got married when exactly?”

“That same day” Raya clarified.

Emily laughed hard “You’re kidding right?”

“Not one bit”

“This is priceless!” Emily laughed. “So you guys just married just like that, and you’re both ok with it?”

“I am, but Jacob doesn’t seem to be too fond of me” Raya sighed.

“Don’t worry Hun, every man when they get married get a little nervous and tense, just give him some time”

“Trust me I will give him some time… I just wish he wasn’t so… I don’t know how I put this… mean?” she said.

“Jacob mean?” Emily said confused. “But he is such a sweetheart”

Raya shook her head “To me he isn’t, he’s been trying to get rid of me since I got here… I mean the first day he took me to the woods and I got lost, the second day he locked me out of the house, until Paul finally got home and opened the door for me. The third day he forgot to pick me up from the grocery store, and just recently he took me to the elders to see if they could ban me from La Push!” she rubbed her temples. “He’s been getting creative by the day”

Emily laughed “I never seen Jacob put this much effort in someone, it must mean something” Emily said softly.

Raya huffed “Yeah, that he hates my guts”

Emily smiled softly and shook or head “Or that he’s scared”

Raya gave her a perplexed look. “Scared of what? If anything they would be scared of him! Have you seen the size of that man? And the way he shouts, could put a scare in any grown man!”

Emily chuckled “He’s scared of you Raya”

“How could he possibly be scared of me?”

Emily shrugged her shoulders “Only he knows”

Raya groaned “well I hope he stops being scared soon, because I’m here to stay”

After a little while of talking and getting to know each other, Emily left, but not before they agreed to hangout more. Raya had really taken a liking to Emily. She was so nice and funny. Don’t get her wrong she liked being around with the guys, other than Jacob, but a girl had to have her girlfriends.

She still hadn’t met Jacob’s father and that was only because in his words “I don’t want my father to be anywhere near the spawn of Satan” He was so ridiculous, honestly. She cooked for him, she cleaned the house, she would record The Mentalist because she knew how much he enjoyed to watch it, she never asked or complained when he would leave late at night, and she would even cut out the sports section for him every morning and would leave it for him on his night stand.

All he ever did was either ignore her or insult her. But she was determined to make him see she wasn’t so bad, and hey maybe he would even end up liking her.

Just maybe.

****************************************************
“Where are you going?” Raya asked Jacob as he put on his shoes.

“Out” he didn’t bother to look at her.

“Mind if I join you?” she stood in front of him looking at him tie his shoes.

“Yes”

She sighed “I think we should hang out to get to know each other… wouldn’t you agree?”

“Nope” he stood up, they were standing close. Jacob looked down at her and she looked up at him. Why did he have to be so damn attractive? She would lose her train of thought every time he would even look her way, which wasn’t too often because he would ignore her, but when he did the butterflies in her stomach would go ludicrous. She hated feeling this way, she figured the only way she felt this way was because of how handsome he was, and honestly she had never met anyone as attractive as Jacob, let alone associate with them.

“Can’t you just give me a try?” she said looking into his eyes.

Jacob looked into her eyes, his eyes slowly traveled to her lips. They were so inviting, all he wanted to do at that moment was grab her by her neck and kiss her, just to make her shut up. Damn him and his hormones. They almost made it impossible for him to ignore her. Not to mention that he had to constantly remind himself to control his hormones when they were in bed. Her words when they first slept together kept popping in his head. A part of him wished he would have gotten honey moon sex like how she put it. Crazy thoughts of what he would like to do to her and her do to him replayed in his head constantly. It had been two weeks of hell! And so many nights of cold showers. Every little thing that she did for him was getting to him. She kept trying to prove to him that she was a good person, and every time she did he wanted to give in, but he couldn’t. He just couldn’t.

“No” he turned and walked to the door.

“Jacob, please?” she grabbed him by his upper arm.

Jacob closed his eyes and gritted his teeth. Why couldn’t she just give up?

“Please?” she asked again softly.

He turned his head to look at her. Her eyes were soft searching for an answer from him. Why did she have to look so damn sweet? And so damn tempting.

He growled annoyed “Fine” he pulled his arm away harshly.

A smile made a way to her face “Great! I’ll go get my jacket” she excitedly ran to the room.

They walked into the woods, Jacob leading the way. He didn’t talk or did he look at her. Raya though had other intentions she wanted him to interact with her, give her some emotion other than anger.

“Have you lived all your life here?” she asked curiously.

No answer,

Raya not fazed by his hostility continued. “It must be nice living here, it’s all so relaxing, so worry free” she extended her arms and took in a breath of fresh air. Jacob looked at her put of the corner of his eye, he wanted to laugh at her carefree attitude, but he resisted. He turned his sight forward and kept walking straight.

“Where are we going?” she asked looking around.

Did she ever shut up? He rolled his eyes, not bothering to answer her.

“Does the sun ever come out?” she went on “I mean obviously it has to right? But I mean ever since I got here, I haven’t catched a glimpse of it. Don’t you find that strange? I find that strange. Do you think it has to do with global warming? I think---“Jacob stopped walking suddenly causing her to bump into his back. He slowly turned around and looked her dead in the eyes.

He took a deep breath “Have you ever heard of silence?” it sounded more of a demand rather than a question.

“Obviously” she rolled her eyes.

“Good, then keep practicing it” he turned around and continued walking.

“But, Jacob I’m bored” she complained drawing out the word bored. She followed behind him ducking away from all the branches.

“Then you should have stayed home” he shrugged his shoulders.

She sighed “But I wanted to spend some time with you”

“Does me ignoring you, not make a statement?” He asked annoyed.

“Yes of course, you’re a very grouchy person”

“Or, that I don’t want anything to do with you… understand?” he turned his head to look at her.

“Oh, I understand” she nodded her head “I’m just not accepting it”

Jacob huffed “And you don’t know how annoying that is”

Raya shrugged her shoulders “I’ll grow on you”

He scoffed “Doubt it”

Raya smiled glad that he couldn’t see her, because even though he hadn’t noticed this was the longest he had ever spoken to her. Who knows maybe soon they would have a nice calm civilized conversation. Jacob soon came to a stop. She looked around and saw a car in the middle of nowhere. Ok? Weird she thought.

She turned to look at Jacob with a confused loon on her face. Jacob looked like a kid in a candy store smiling from ear to ear. She didn’t see what was so great.

“What are we doing here?” she asked.

Me, I’m going to fix this baby up and you are going to stay out of the way” he made his way to the car. He ducked down and pulled out a tool box from under the car. He opened it and took out some tools, opened the hood of the car and went to work. Raya sighed, she found a big rock nearby and sat down with her hands under her chin.

She observed Jacob at work. He looked so peaceful and so in his environment. She could quickly tell that fixing cars up was something he was meant to do. She became envious of him. He had the opportunity to do all that he wanted, while she had to stay at home and take in abuse from so called people who called themselves her family.

Her eyes widen when he took off his shirt, she still wasn’t use to seeing as someone as flawless as Jacob. His muscles tighten every once in a while causing her to gulp. She bit her lip when Jacob looked up from the car to look at her. She gave him a smile and thumbs up causing him to roll his eyes and get back to work.

After ten minutes of just sitting there, she got annoyed. She stood up and walked up to where Jacob was fixing the car.

“So do you always fix up cars in the middle of nowhere?” she asked looking around.

“I thought I told you to sit” he breathed out as he turned something with a wrench.

“No, you said to stay out of your way, and I’m not in your way… so answer the question”

“I found this car here”

“And you just decided to fix it? Didn’t it belong to somebody?”

He shrugged his shoulders still working on the car “It had been abandoned for a while”

“This is great” she whispered running her hand over the top of the car.

“No, it’s a piece of junk” Jacob got up from under the hood and wiped his hands with the handkerchief he had in the back of his pocket.

She shook her head “It’s amazing that you’re fixing it and making it yours”

“Soon though, this baby” he tapped on the hood of the car “will be running and purring perfectly” she could see a glint in his eyes.

“I think it’s great!” she said excitedly.

“Really?” he asked raising an eyebrow.

She nodded coming closer to him “I’m sure everything and anything you do is great” she whispered softly.

Jacob’s heart sped up as she came closer to him. He didn’t move a muscle. She stood there looking up at him. He looked as if he were disgusted, her spirits shattered and she moved away from him going back to the rock. Was she that bad looking? She didn’t even get a reaction from him. He hadn’t moved a muscle. He really didn’t want anything to do with her. Gosh! She didn’t get a reaction from him! Then it hit her. She didn’t get a reaction from him! Come to think of it he didn’t even breathe when she was close to him either. She let out a chuckle. So maybe, she wasn’t as bad looking as she thought. Jacob looked in her direction, a confused look in his face. She kept chuckling.

Oh, if he only knew!
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Ratings? Subscriptions? Please? :)

Thanks to all those who left a comment! They are much appreciated! :)

Love,

icanread29 :)