Status: Active.

You Just Do

Help, I Need Somebody

I should have kept my mouth shut. I should not have said, "Max, if you need help, I help."
*****
"Yo, Geno, my man! How are you doing this fine morning?" Sid asked, putting his hand on my shoulder in a friendly manner. When he approached I was taping up my stick in a hurry, trying to finish before everybody hustled in; making the locker room filled with too much noise to concentrate.

"Fine. You?" I grumbled in response. I was not a morning person. Sidney on the other hand could be up at five am to greet the sun, but today he seemed more happy than usual.

"Have you seen Max? He won't answer his phone. Coach is going to be beyond pissed if he is late and hungover again."

Ahh Mr. Maxime Talbot was late again. Like me, Max was not a morning person. But unlike me, Max also had a slew of women that kept him up at night. Sid being an amazing friend that he is, usually stopped by Max's house before every morning practice. He would wake him and his fuck buddy up. Then after he sent Max's lady of the night on her merry little way, he would give Max a cure for his hangover. But this fine morning Sidney did not do that.

"Why you not have him? You always have him."

"Oh you know. Sara has missed me lately," he said, wriggling his eyebrows. I stared at him blankly for a minute until it clicked in my brain why he was happier than normal.

"Oh," I said in response. Then it came tumbling out, "I do a favor. I will get him."
********
The drive through the still sleeping Pittsburgh was relaxing to say the least. I was able to think and let my mind wonder. You don't really get alone time between practices, games, interviews, parties and team charity outings. I forget the last time I was just able to think to myself about what has happened to my life. Four years ago, if you were to ask me where I was heading in life I would not have known. I probably would have thought you were nutty as a fruitcake if you told me I would be playing in the NHL. Every little boy in Russia that grows up playing hockey, dreams of being in the NHL. But for me now, it was a reality. Its crazy that I know what I am going to be doing for the rest of my life. All I need is Mrs. Right.

I didn't even knock once I reached the modern looking door of Max's house. I simply unlocked the door, using the key Sid gave me, and walked in. I started making my way to the bedroom, where I assumed he would be along with some random girl. But on my way there I heard heard talking coming from the lower part of the house. I backtracked and I made my way to the kitchen where the talking was coming from. I spied Max, but no girl, pacing near the island. He was talking quickly on the phone in what I recognized as French. He turned, still talking, and motioned for me to sit down.

"Au revoir, mère," he said to the person on the other line.

"You are up? And there is no girl?" I asked, thoroughly confused. Max always had a girl.

"Well I did," he answered, now sitting down. He looked extremely tired and worried. "But then my parents called with some exciting news."

"Is that sarcasm?" He nodded.

"It turns out my no good, somewhat fucked up brother has pissed off my parents for the last time. They are sending him here, so I'll deal with him. Can you believe that?"

I broke out laughing. I actually understood what he meant. His parents were sending some rebellious teenager to live with a still rebellious twenty-six year old. Max started laughing along with me, but suddenly stop. I think he came to the realization that he would have to take of another being.

"How old is he?"

"Nineteen," he laughed sourly. "He is fucking nineteen and still a senior in high school. How stupid can he be? He should straighten up himself, but me being the big successful older brother agrees to take him under my wing." Max put his head into his folded hands and sighed. "What have I gotten myself into?" he wondered aloud.

Trying to be helpful and consoling, "Max, if you need help, I help," I blurted out.

Max smiled, "Thanks Geno. Now lets go before Coach flips shit."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey there!

A new slash written by the wonderful Sab and I! I hope you like it!

Comment and Subscribe please.