Status: Active.

You Just Do

Dopamine

The game was in full swing. The Flyers were playing dirty tonight and I and everyone else had no problem giving it right back to them. Sid had gotten in a brawl with Richards and Max went after Giroux. Even me, timid me got fed up of Briere's shit talking. And let me tell you something; I barely ever fight. The last time I was steaming enough to fight was when… well I kind of forget. Yeah, that long ago.

I was sitting in the box. I like to think of this place where hockey player from around the world spend two minutes, as the cone of shame from the movie ‘Up’. As I was spending my time in the box of shame I was thinking about the French-Canadian boy from earlier. I couldn’t believe he was Max’s brother. He was seemed so shy like myself, but I knew he wasn’t from what Max had told about him.

I glanced up into the stand and spotted him. Shit, I thought as his eyes met mine. He looked straight at me and smirked. I was speechless and memorized by his sexy smirk. I was so busy staring at him that I almost forgot to get out of the penalty box. Coach’s screaming and yelling, along with the fan’s, finally got my attention. I jumped out of the box and skated back onto the ice.

During the rest of my time on the bench, I felt my eyes keep traveling up to the weedy boy in the oversize Talbot jersey. And every so often our eyes would meet. His eyes would glisten in a smirk, that made me shutter. I couldn’t concentrate on the game. I didn’t even realized we had score to untie the game. Then it was suddenly the intermission. I was hypnotized and memorized and definitely not paying attention to the game. I nodded at all of the correct times during Sidney and Coach’s speech. But I really didn’t know what they said. All I knew was I was back on the ice. The plan that was set in forth to keep our lead was a blur. I only had one thing on my mind; to score a goal for Olivier. I had no idea why either.

It felt like I was a spectator in my own life. I felt like I was just in the stands listening to the announcers, cheering when they said, “Malkin scores! He scored just seven seconds into the third period! This is amazing! The Pens have strengthened their lead!”

Staalsy, and Rupp skated towards me for a hug while the guys on the bench pounded their sticks against the rink’s wall in appreciation. But the crowd’s cheers and the pounding of the stick seemed far away; all I could concentrate was the big grin on that boy’s face. ‘What the fuck is happening to me’, I wondered. I need to get this boy out of my head.
*******
There was a flurry of reporters, girlfriend, wives, and children in the locker. Usually it was just a snow storm of reporters, but since this was our first game home in a week the locker room was filled with loved ones. Everyone had someone, except me. Staal had his latest fling, Rupp had his wife and kids, so did Dupper, and Cooke. Vero ran in to greet Marc in a bear hug and a smooch. My captain had his girlfriend kissing in his stall. Max who was usually alone until the club had his brother. A part of me wished his brother was there for me. This thought made me blush and scold myself for these homosexual dreams.

A voice snapped me out of myself loathing thoughts. “Hey Geno,” Max said sitting down next to me. “I was wondering if you could do me a huge favor.” Fuck! I’m a sucker for helping out friends. .

“Sure anything,” I breathed, secretly hoping it involved Olivier. It did.

“This is our first win home in awhile,” he stated, dragging it out. “And you know how I like to get out there and mingle.” Mingling was putting it nicely. “So if you aren’t going out like usual, could you possibly baby-sit my brother? I know he is nineteen, but he was sent to me for too much partying and such things. I would be in debt to you forever. All he needs is a place to sleep for tonight, and you have your guest room. Please?”

I smiled, actually grinned. This was until normal thoughts smacked me backed. I was trying to get this broken English boy out of my head. But me being the nice Geno that everyone loves said, “No problem. He be fine with me.”

Max smiled ear to ear. “Dude I so owe you!” he shouted in glee, patting me on the shoulder. He motioned Olivier over and spoke quickly to him in French. Olivier frowned. I felt my heart beat faster, in disappointment and embarrassment. I was stupid to think this small, fragile, shy nineteen year old would want to spend time with a big, hulking hockey player he barely knew. Why the fuck was I so stupid?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm extremely sorry about the long wait and then the shitty payoff. I have alot of shit going on in my life. Its seriously worse than I thought.
But please comment and subscribe.