Clothes Off!

{04}

Evie fanned herself in the backroom as she changed out of her skimpy outfit and into some comfortable clothing. As much as she enjoyed to dance, she much preferred her skinny jeans and colourful shirts.

Crystal, now in her own clothes too, sat cross legged, tapping away on her phone. "Good night, huh?"

"You bet. Hefty tips and lots of champagne. I'm surprised I'm not drunk," Evie chuckled, pulling a lavender hoodie over her shoulders.

She zipped it up, grabbing her bag from the floor. "You need a ride home?"

Crystal shook her head, "My boyfriend's coming to pick me up."

"I can't believe he lets you do this," Evie chuckled.

She was never one for stable relationships, anyway, so it was easy for her to stay unattached to the boys she met outside - and inside - of work. She hated the jealousy thing and she brought about a lot of attention to herself.

Boys hated that.

"Eh, he's pretty relaxed," Crys shrugged. "See you tomorrow?"

Evie nodded as she hugged Crystal before heading towards the back exit of the club. Dancer's weren't allowed within the main body of the club when they weren't performing or in between performances.

Men weren't allowed to see dancers as people.

She waved before disappearing into the dark streets, pulling her car keys from her pockets.

"Hey! Hey!"

Evie's tired eyes turned towards the sound of the yelling voice and she found herself finally releasing the eye roll she'd been containing all night. Pete Wentz rushed towards her.

"Can I help you?" she yawned.

"Porsche, right?"

She nodded, uncaring.

"My friend, Brendon?" he nodded back towards the group of people he'd left standing around outside the club. They were waiting to either hit the next joint or head home. It was almost four in the morning.

"Mm?"

"He'd never ask for this himself; can he have your number?"

Evie shook her head, "I don't give out my number to blokes in the club. It's not my scene."

"Give the kid a chance!" Pete protested, stopping Evie as she made to move away to her car.

"Look, Pete, right?"

He nodded.

"He doesn't know my name, let alone anything about me other than I take my clothes off for a living. That doesn't warrant a number."

"What does?"

Evie shrugged and clicked the button on her keys, unlocking her car. "Goodbye, Pete. Wish your friend a happy birthday from me."

Pete glared fixatedly at the car as she drove off.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm well excited now.
My tickets for the Mighty Boosh live came through today!
Scoooooore.