Status: Completed contest Entry.

Save Me.

I can hear the voices begging you to stay.

Sam just stared out into the ocean. How could she explain her situation to him. She didn't want to seem like a beggar, or worse, someone who wants him for his money. She didn't know what to do at that point. There was no avoiding the question he asked. She liked Zacky and wanted to get to know him more as well. It was difficult for her to even look at him now. She was a fraud, or felt like one.

"Sam, please tell me what's wrong," he slid his arm around her shoulders. She just pulled away and stood, walking closer to the ocean, "Sam, please," he begged.

Sam started to cry at that point. She had no idea how to tell him. Her eyes started to sting the more she cried. She felt horrible in the sense that he might think she was using him. She would never do that to anyone. Her ex had done the same to her. Her ex was malicious. He took everything from her. He also took the love her parents once had for her. Her parents resented her for the fact that she was so gullible.

"Sam, I want to help. Just tell me what's wrong," she heard Zacky ask from a closer distance.

"I can't," she sobbed.

"Please," he said as he went up to her, wrapping his arms around her waist. He placed him chin on her shoulder, "Please," he whispered.

Sam took a deep breath, looking to the side where his face was, "If I told you, you wouldn't want anything to do with me."

"That's not true Sam," he rubbed his hands along her hips, then hugged her once more, "Are you pregnant?"

She laughed, "I wish it were that simple Zack," she sobbed.

He grabbed her and turned her to face him. His hands on both her shoulders, looking straight into her eyes, "Tell me Sammie."

She closed her eyes as she spoke, "I," she took another breath, "I don't have a home," she spoke slowly.

"What?"

"Zacky," her eyes snapped opened as she released herself from his grip, "I don't have a place to go. I'm homeless. Do you got that? You caught a homeless girl with nothing. I have nothing but the clothes on my back," she snapped, regretting it the minute she stopped talking.

Zacky took a step back. He said nothing but, moved back further, "I," he didn't finish his sentence.

"See? Do you see why I didn't want to tell you? I don't want to seem like I'm using you. I would never do that. My ex took it all from me. That's why, at this moment, I'm scared to my core that you would think that. I'm scared because I would never do that same to you," she sighed, "I'm scared because of your reaction."

He didn't say anything. All he did was stare at her. After the two just stood there, Zacky walked away from her. He left her at the beach where she had met the one person who was ever nice to her. She just waited where she stood, taking a seat on the sand. Her shoes were beside her, waiting for the sun to go down.

"Sam?" she heard a voice that she heard for the first time, five months ago, "What happened? Zacky came over, yelling at me. He asked me so many questions. I only got a few down."

"Val," she sobbed as her friend got closer, "He hates me now. For once I actually felt something.It was so strong. I don't know what to do," she cried into her friends shoulder.

"Shh, don't worry hon," Val calmed her down, "He doesn't hate you. He said something about Vengeance."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not sure sweetie but, he said he has to do something."

Sam just continued to cry by her friends side. The sun slowly went down as her tears faded, along with her sadness.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

-Seven months later-

As Sam got out of the shower, her phone rang. She quickly got a towel and ran out of the bathroom.

"Hello?"

"Hey Sam," her friend Val said cheerfully.

Sam smiled at her best friend. The two became best of friends in the past seven months. It's been a year since they first met. Seven months since she last saw Zacky.

"What's up babe?"

"You have to come overrr," she whined, "We're having a party for Dani and Brian."

"Oh, why?"

"Brian finally proposed. Can you believe it. The minute she got the ring she called everyone up."

"Shit, I can't even believe Brian would even get married."

"I know right? I thought it would have been my sister but, the two can't even stand each other anymore."

"That's terrible. What will you ever do?"

"I don't know," she heard her pout, "But, get ready and come here!"

"Alright, alright. I will be there in an hour."

"Okay," she made a kissing sound, "Bye," then the phone went dead.

Sam hung the phone up, rushing into the bathroom again. She wiped the fog from her bathroom mirror and dried her hair. Putting her undergarments one, she did her makeup. She through on jeans and a top. Happy with the results she grabbed cab fare and waited for the cab.

Sam now lived in an apartment. She worked at the music studio, where Matt helped her get a job. She was only the receptionist, but it paid her enough to keep going. If it weren't for Matt and Val, Sam would have been lost.

Sam slammed the cab door and grunted to herself. She threw him a twenty, then ran over to the front door to ring the bell.

"Ah, hey!" Dani smiled, "I missed you! Did you heard? I'm getting myself a hubby! Look," she showed Sam the pale pink ring with two other white diamonds next to it.

"Shit," Sam laughed, "That's really nice Dani."

"I know right? Come on in. Everyone's in the back."

Sam chuckled at her. She got inside as Dani closed the door behind. They both walked in the back together. Sam saw Val and waved at her and Matt. As her gaze caught Zacky's she froze. It looked as if he, too, was taken back. The two have not seen each other for such a long time, it felt awkward. After what happened that night, it was hard for him to see her. Sam didn't know but, he really wished that night would have went differently.

"I'll go get some beers for use. Okay?"

Sam nodded at Dani, and she went off inside to get more alcohol. Sam took a breath and walked over to Leana and Jimmy, saying hello and giving them each a hug. She then waltzed over to Brian.

"Hey," she smiled, hugging him, "Congrats. When did this happen? I heard you guys were on tour."

"Well, it was for a bit. Just California and Nevada. We came back last week."

She half smiled, "Oh."

"Sam?" he looked straight at her, then said in a hushed tone, "You should go talk to Zacky."

"What? Why should I?"

"I think you two need to talk."

"I didn't do anything wrong. I don't know why he was like that."

Brian sighed, "Just do it," he said. Just then Dani walked over with a beer in each hand. She handed one to Sam. As Sam turned, she saw Zacky right in front of her.

"Can we talk?" he said, just as nervous as the first day they met.

Sam took a deep breath then nodded. The two went inside for privacy. He led her to the kitchen. He leaned against the counter, beer bottle at his lips.

"What's up Zack?"

"I'm sorry," he blurted.

"For what?"

"For the way I reacted to the news, seven months ago. I wanted to talk to you sooner but, I was going on tour before I got the chance."

Sam downed her beer and went to get another. She opened the bottle, and slowly turned to face Zacky again, "I'm really not sure what to say. I mean we weren't that exclusive. It was just one night."

Zacky took two steps closer to her, "What I'm trying to say is, if you would like to, give me another shot."

This time Sam was speechless. She didn't know what to say. It was just one date they went on. They knew each other for only two days. Could this really happen? She thought over and over again.

"Zacky," she began, "I," she took another breath, "I really don't know."

"Please Sammie?"

Her gaze shot to Zacky. She could feel the tears well up in her eyes. As a tear rolled down her eyes, Zacky was there to catch it. She looked straight at him. His eyes as green as ever. She felt weak in the knees from his gaze.

"Zacky," her voice was distant, lost.

"Sh," he hugged her, "I really mean it. I don't care if you're homeless, or whatever. I really like you."

She laughed and sobbed all at once, "I'm not anymore."

Zacky pulled back slightly, "What?"

"I'm not homeless anymore. Val helped me find an apartment. She paid for the first month. Both, Matt and Val helped me find a job."

Zacky sighed, "I'm sorry."

"For what, this time?"

"For not saving you."

Sam caressed his cheek, "But, you did Zacky. It's you that made me want to do better. If it weren't for you, I would probably be in some other town. But, I was here, waiting to see you just once more. I also heard what you did for me."

"That guy won't go near you anymore, Sammie."

A tear rolled down her cheek, "Zacky."

"Will you give me another chance?"

"On one condition," Sam smirked, eyes shut.

"What," he got closer.

"Save me, Zacky," she whispered as her lips met his.
♠ ♠ ♠
Word Count: 1674

Party:
Sam
Zacky

Well, that's the end to this my dears. Please comment.

X Dani