Status: Slow, but worth it

My Heart Beats Only For You

Easy A

Gerard’s POV:

I don’t see why he has to act like that I thought to myself gathering my things mumbling an apology to my science teacher. I left the room ticked that I had to spend another period with HIM. As I walked out of the room I seen Frank and Mikey, my little brother, talking then they wrapped their arms around each other walking in the Art room direction.

“Fags,” I muttered under my breath. Okay yea I am bisexual and I really have no where to talk, but I hate how he’s closer to MY brother then I am. If anyone should be hugging and hanging over Mikey it should be me. I walk in the same direction just as Mikey pass by me.

“Hi Mikey!” I practically shout at him waving a little.

“Oh, hey Gee,” he said bringing up my old nickname while trying to hold back a laugh. He walked away and I realized Frank probably told him about my ‘little outburst’.

I walked into my art class and already seen Frank at a crowded table so I took a seat on the opposite side of the room. This is going to be a long year. I sat quietly as the teacher, Dr. Mason, gave us an assignment to work on. We have to draw someone else in the room. I look around and realize that the only person I know is Frank, I groan then figure I might as well do it, I use to draw him all the time when he, Mikey, and I were kids. That’s when we actually were friends, before I developed feelings for guys and just couldn’t stand him being gay and… COMFORTABLE. He doesn’t know why I started acting weird, no one does, I just can’t tell anyone because I’m not even sure if I want to tell everyone I’m bi.

I picked my pencil up and began to draw the outline of his beautiful face, Woah! Did I just say that? I shook my head from that thought and continued to draw. As I started shading his cheekbones Dr. Mason walked up behind me.

“That’s astounding! Marvelous! What’s your name boy I must keep an eye on you.”

“Uh Gerard Way, Sir.”

“And who is that that you’re drawing?”

“The kid over there, his name’s Frank Iero, he’s a friend of my brother so I have practice drawing him.”

“Well he’s a very lucky man to have such an excellent artist drawing him.”

“Uh, thank you Sir.”

“Keep up the good work,” he said and finally walked off. I got back to work smiling to myself because it’s only the first day and I’m already being noticed. I finished the details of Frank’s lips just as his real lips were whispering into my ear.

“I look lovely, now why are you drawing me?” He sat down beside me and looked me in the eye very serious like. I couldn’t hold the laugh in, but it came out more nervous then anything else. “Are you going to give me an answer?”

“Uh, yea, I don’t know anyone else and you’re easy to draw,” I said looking down to get away from his gaze.

“Easy? What do you mean?”

“I already know how to draw you, I’ve done it for years so it’s became easy for me to get everything perfect.”

“Right, well, yea don’t it’s kind of creepy,” he said walking away quickly. Creepy? I sat there and tried to figure out why it would be “creepy”. I shook it off and just continued with my drawing making corrections here or there.

-----------------


Frank’s POV

“He was drawing you?”

“Yea, no big deal.”

“But, he hasn’t drawn us since we were 10! Why all of a sudden is he drawing us.”

“Mikey, he’s drawing ME not US, and it was for class so it’s not like he wanted to. Like he said I’m easy to draw,” I said getting kind of sad. I tried to smile before Mikey could notice, but too late.

“Why does that make you sad?”

“I don’t know,” I said. I really don’t know why it did it just did. I’ve never let Gerard bug me before and I’m not going to start now. I smiled at Mikey and pulled him over to a practice room closing the door.

“Frank we’re going to get in trouble!”

“We are practicing our scales so we won’t,” I said playing a couple notes on the piano and singing. Mikey joined in with me getting into the melody. That’s what I loved about Mikey and I, we both were better at instruments, but no one could stop us from singing. As we finished we laughed giving each other a high five as someone knocked on the window signaling to go back into the main room.

We walked out and continued to talk about music getting off the Gerard subject. The bell soon rang for Math and we headed off enjoying the rest of our day.

-----------------


“I have to do a project with him for both art and Science, bogus!” I exclaimed to Mikey. We were in his room on a Saturday 2 weeks after school started. I just learned that my teachers enjoy pairing students off into working groups, isn’t High School suppose to teach us how to be independent?

“Frank just chill, my brother isn’t THAT bad! I mean he’s annoying sometimes, but you’re going to have to deal with it if you want to pass. Why did your Art teacher partner you two up anyways?”

“He said that he’s seen the way Gerard has focused almost all of his drawings on me and assumed we were good friends, he thought it would be easier for both of us if we worked together,” I explained. Again with that word ‘easy’ well life isn’t easy and it doesn’t revolve around Gerard to make everything ‘easy’ for him! I told myself getting angry.

“All his drawings?” Mikey questioned.

“Almost all,” I corrected quickly.

“Which ones haven’t been about you?”

“His self portraits,” I mumbled.

“Frank! The only thing that my brother hasn’t drawn that wasn’t you was himself?!”

“Yes, but Mikes don’t blow a freaking casket! Yea I found it a bit weird to, but then I thought, ‘Hey I’m easy for him so he can get his easy A’ so it can’t actually mean anything, just Gee being selfish again.”

“Yea. Gee being selfish,” he repeated looking at me.

“WHAT?!”

“You have a thing for my brother don’t you?”

“WHAT?! NO! Hell no Mikes! He’s Gerard, the same guy that was like a big brother to me and now HATES me!”

“Doesn’t seem like he ‘hates’ you.”

“Whatever even if he didn’t hate me how does this come back to me? It’s not like I’M drawing HIM.”

“Yea, but right this very moment your blushing and defending yourself, you’re yelling at me like I just accused you of killing my dog. It was only a question and you freaked out,” he said smiling at me.

I raised my hands to my cheeks and they felt like they were on fire. I glared at him and walked over to the bathroom to splash water on them. As I walked out I bumped into Gerard and fell.

“Fuck watch were you’re going,” I said trying to get up. He reached out his hand and pulled me up in one swift movement.

“Sorry, but you’re the one who ran out ready to murder someone, you alright?”

“Yea just fucking fine now move,” I said pushing him out of my way to return to Mikey’s room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright so this is chapter 2, I think it came out as 1200 words so I stopped, comment so I know someone is actually reading and actually cares and I’ll post more. The next chapter will be up in the next 10 minutes so watch out for it! Don’t be afraid to criticize because God knows I need it. I’m working hard for you (whoever it is that‘s reading) and for myself too because I’m enjoying this, if I get info or something wrong please bare with me because I’m hopeless lol thanks for reading ILY!

<3Anita