Status: :D

Tonight We Can Be As One

In Your Eyes

Gerard’s POV

Right now I’m getting ready to go out for some candies with Frank, Mikey, Laura and Kyosuke. I was going to be more like a babysitter for them but that didn’t bother me because I really enjoyed asking for candies; even though many people think I’m already too old for that and also to make Frank live Halloween doing with something typical of the States.
Suddenly my phone rang: it was my dear, good friend Ray!

“Hello”

"Gee...sus!" He yelped once I answered the phone.

"Jesus? What the fuck, Ray?"

"No, no, no it's not jesus! I said Gee, the way I always call you, but now I decided to give your name something extra, something edgier..."

"Something catholic?" I interrupted him.

"Exactly! I mean, Jesus rocks!" God, this guy has several issues. But you gotta love him.

"So tell me why do I have the pleasure to hear your voice on a Saturday night?" I said in British accent, sometimes I feel that I sound polite doing it.

"What?"

"Why are you calling?" I snapped.
"Are you going to Sarah Jensen's Halloween bash?" Yeah right... The Halloween Bash. I had totally forgotten about it as the only thing I had been thinking of that past week had been Frank's birthday gift, and how to get tickets for the “Field of Terror”.

"I don't know... I think I'm not" First, because I wanted Frank to have a real Halloween experience taking him to the most famous haunted house in East Windsor Township and then taking him to ask some candies. And second of all, Sarah Jensen=Lindsey's bff... And I don't want to run into Lindsey right now: I don’t what’s wrong but she has been slightly distanced.

She hadn't even returned my calls or texted me or anything this last past month, so I don't even know if we are still together.

"Why? You can't miss this party! For what I've heard is going to be HUUUUuuuUUUge"

"Sarah is Lindsey's bff so she is surely gonna be there and I don’t want to deal with this situation, not tonight" I didn't have to tell Ray anything else as he already knew everything about this.

"Oh, yeah. I had forgotten about that. Well… I’ll call you if I don’t see her there, so you can come” Ray hinted ” You know what Gerard? It is not even worth it… to suffer for her. She’s not good. I mean, to my view, she was only with you, to proof something to someone. I’ve always had that feeling. It is like she wants to tell everyone ‘Look, I have a hot boyfriend and you don’t!’… cuz honestly you are hot! Not hotter than me though but somewhat hot… No offence…”

“I’m not offended at all” I replied slightly chuckling.

“So you deserve better. Yes, she’s very good looking. Yes, she has dazzling green eyes. Yes, she has a killer bod… But that doesn’t make her the perfect match for you. There must be someone out there better for you… like Frank” he joked.

“You’re an idiot!” I cackled.

“All I’m saying is… move on! You know… Let’s give her a week to call you! If she doesn’t call you within a week, you kick her out of your life. But if she calls, you work things out with her. So during that week, I’m hoping you will realize what you really want to do with your life.” This is one of the reasons I love my friend, his motivational talks are very helpful. “Can you deal with that?”

“Of course I can” I assured him.

“Great! So after I saved you from suicide… I am gonna finish getting ready. Pauly D needs to be tanned.” No way!

“Are you going as Pauly D?” I asked between laughs.

“Hell yeah. As Pauly D. Yeah! To the Halloween bash, yeah!” he said imitating him.

“You are a shame” I admitted laughing.

“Say whatever you want, laugh all you want as well but I am gonna be the one who laughs last when I win a 100 bucks for having the best costume!”

“I doubt so! But good luck! Have fun!” I couldn’t hear anything coming from the other side of the phone. “Ray?” he didn’t answer. “Did you die? I am starting to worry… Answer” Nothing. So I assumed he just decided to hang up the phone without saying bye or nothing as he usually do.

So I put my phone aside and kept working in my hair. My hair had enough length to put up in an Elvis Presley up-do… so I decided to do it instead of putting a very ugly wig on.

“Gerard, are you ready?” I heard Mikey saying from the back

“Yeap, almost, I’m adding some last bobby pins to my hair…And you?”

“Yes, ready to scare people” I turned to see if he was really ready but his costume was so “scary” that I was forced to lay on the bed and laugh like crazy. He was wearing one of his favorite T-shirts Don’t google yourself, a pair of skinny jeans, his old Converse and the big black cape, but that wasn’t the funny thing, it was that he was wearing some funny sunglasses and a pink bow!

“Stop laughing at me! I can’t see anything wrong with my costume” Mikey complained.

“Is… that…you have… a… pink bow!” I said still laughing

Mikey started stroking his hair trying to find the pink bow and he did find it. It was a pink bow with some blings on it and the first thing that crossed my mind was “Laura’s bow”

“I don’t know, maybe Laura put me this when she was helping me with my hair. Perhaps, she accidentally left it there”

“Maybe it wasn’t accidentally” Laura said giggling from the door.

“Oh come here, you lil’ demon” Mikey said and started chasing her. I took a deep breath and kept on doing my stuff but then I heard a big crash downstairs. I went to see what was it and I saw my mom and Mikey helping Laura up, apparently she had fallen down and sprain her ankle. (Something typical of Laura, honestly, she was the goofiest girl ever)

“Let’s take her upstairs” Mikey suggested.

“Ok, let me help you bro. Mom, take some ice cubes into a bag to Mikey’s room” My mom nodded. Mikey and I carry Laura to Mikey’s room but in our way to it Laura hadn’t stopped complaining.

“OMG! It really hurts” She said stroking her leg with one hand. We lay her down on Mikey’s bed and Mikey sat next to her.

He combed Laura’s hair with his fingers while my mom entered the room and placed the bag of ice on her ankle.

“Everything is gonna be fine” Mikey promise kissing her forehead.

“It seems like you both will stay here tonight” Mom told them and Mikey nodded.

“Hey Lady Gaga! How come that you sprain your ankle when you trip with a coffee table but you emerge unscratched when you felt off the piano in a concert... Isn't that funny/ironic" I said kidding, but then I felt a pillow collapsing with my face.

“Go away!” Mikey shouted.

"Ok, I'm leaving. But you know that the 'field of terror' tickets are non-refundable so each of you owes me 35 bucks!"

"I already gave the 35 dollars to Mikey" Laura answered.

"Yeah... I'll give them to you tomorrow! Now I think you should go or you will have to queue for a long time to get into the field" Mikey said nervously so I assumed he had lost Laura’s money... He's so distracted.

“Ok, I’m gonna see if Frank is ready…Bye guys!” and with that I left the room.

When I got into Frankie’s room, he was with his back turned to me as he was applying some make up to his face in front of the mirror. He was wearing raggedy old clothes and in his bed he had a Frankenstein mask. I wanted to make him laugh for a while so I started teasing him

“OMG! Mom a homeless guy crashed into the house! Call the cops” Frank burst in laughter.

“I’m not a homeless guy I’m Frankenstein, duh” He said showing me his mask “And you are?”

“Elvis Presley!” I said and made some funny dance Elvis style, Frank kept on laughing and I tried to imitate Elvis voice. I sang my fave Presley’s song, Hound Dog.

You ain't nothin' but a hound dog
cryin' all the time.
You ain't nothin' but a hound dog
cryin' all the time.
Well, you ain't never caught a rabbit
and you ain't no friend of mine


After I was done singing, Frank started clapping and yelling “Elvis I love you!”

“Thank you, thank you very much” I said with Elvis voice again. “Are you ready?"

“Yeap, I’m ready” He said cheerfully taking his mask from the bed.

"Do we have to wait for your friend of the funny name?" Frank shook his head. "He's got the flu"

"So, it is gonna be just the two of us tonight" Frank looked at me strangely. "Laura and Mikey won't come with us either... But don't worry, we will have fun without those idiots anyway" I patted his shoulder and he replied with a cute smile.

"Hey! I almost forgot" I run to my room and brought Frank's gift to his. "Happy Birthday" I yelped giving him the bag and he took a seat in his bed. I really hoped he liked it.

"Holy cow!" he exclaimed and I felt relieved. He took the Polaroid out if the bag.

"I felt that you needed something to let people see the world the way you see it... Which I think it's rad! Also you can also snap pictures of people and interesting places here so you can always remember them once you are back in Italy... So I really hope you take a pic of me, so you would never forget me" Did I really just say that? Couldn't I sound gayer?

"Wow! Thanks! And... I won't" He promised with a smile.

"There is something else inside, so keep..." I stopped cuz I felt the camera's flash blinding me. "Why did you take a picture when I was talking? Imma look like shit!" I complained. Frank laughed while waving the photo for it to dry.

"What the...? How come? Not fair... You look good" I took the picture out of his hand.

"Oh... Wow!" I said amazed, I looked pretty good. Despite the fact that I was talking, the picture turned out great as it didn't looked like I was talking; I just had my mouth slightly opened and a sort of grin drawn in my lips. "This proofs that I am very photogenic and that your evil plans of making me look ugly in your pictures will never work"

"Don't sing victory yet! I will snap a disastrous picture of you or I won't go back to Italy"

"That means that you will never go back... Awesome!" I joked. He laughed and took the other gift out if the bag.

"Now we'll be like twins" I sang out referring to the Jack slippers I had bought for him.

"These are awesome! Thanks!" he jumped to his feet and squeezed me.

"Shall we go?" Frank nodded letting me go and we walked together out of the house.

“Bye mom, we’ll be back late” I informed

“Ok, babies. Take care!”

“We will mom” I opened the front door to get out but we couldn’t as I just saw Wonder Woman jumping inside the house.

“Wh… where is my sister?” Lisseth, Laura’s sister, asked desperately to us. It took us a little bit of time to respond as everything happened so fast that we were still assimilating things.
“Where is she? Is she alright?”

“She’s in Mikey’s room and she’s fine. She suffered a minor injury.” Frank informed her with that smile that always made feel something weird inside me.

“God, that’s a relief” She sighed and then spoke again. “Oh, I’m sorry I was really disrespectful and just got inside without saying anything; but I was quite worried and I needed to see if she was ok” I totally understood what she said, I would do the exact same thing if I knew that Mikey was not doing fine somewhere.

“No worries” I consoled.

“I didn’t even say hello! God! I’m sorry…mmm, Hi! How are you?” She struggled and then came to hug me. The last time I saw her was in the airport when we were picking Frank up.

“I’ve been fine! And you? What are you up to?”

“Not much really… You know college and stuff. I’m sorry but I don’t have that much time to catch up right now, but we can hang out some time; because I think we have tons of things to talk about, because it has been a long time since we last saw each other, you know… I’ll give you call! So we can go somewhere, to a Starbucks and stuff… And I can take Brendon with me! He’s been dying to see you” What? Brendon?

“Brendon who? Meyer? Brendon Meyer?” she nodded. “But wasn’t he in California?” Brendon was my high school best friend. Ray, him and I were inseparable and unstoppable.

“He was. But now he’s back and we are kind of an item. I don’t know! Long story! Wait for the hang out!” she was rumbling around and her arms were flying everywhere. There is no doubt that Laura’s her sister. “I’m gonna see how my sisters doing now… and then I’m taking off” she hugged me goodbye and then, after he had been standing right beside me all this time, she noticed Frank.

“Oh my God! I’m sorry! Hello, I’m Lisseth! It’s nice to meet you!” She put her right hand in front of him while she covered her face in shame with her other hand.

“Is it Frank?” She asked me, I replied with a “yes”

“Frank! I’m sorry I didn’t notice you! I have so many things going on in my head right now. I mean, I’m in a huge rush, then my sister tells me she’s injured and now, this suit is really uncomfortable. So, excuse me! I’m really absent-minded”

“Nah! There’s nothing you should worry! Stop apologizing” Frank sympathized.

“Ok, guys I’ll better get going. I love you both! Bye!” She said waving her hand as walking up the stairs.

We left the house at 7:33pm and drove to East Windsor for half an hour, the drive didn't feel that long as Frank spent the whole trip talking shit and making jokes. He is hilarious!
We got to the "Field of Terror" early enough, so we didn't have to queue. The journey inside the house lasted no more than 10 minutes and Frank and I got out of it bored and laughing at how stupid and non-scary that thing was.

“God! Did you saw the ‘Bloody Valentine’ guy? He was an utter joke!” Frank cackled and I rejoined him poking fun at the lady with the chainsaw, that looked exactly like my math guy teacher and also saying that I couldn’t believe we wasted our money in that crap. By then, we were driving back home because before we went asking for candies; I had to park my car at home and we had to pick up our pumpkins/candy-holders from there too.

“But, all in all, I had fun! I mean, the haunted house wasn’t exactly what I expected, however it made me laugh… and for me that’s enough! It was pure entertainment” He rejoiced and made me realize that even though the field didn’t accomplish it´s true mission, we both enjoyed the ride; so I was wrong by saying I had wasted my money.

“I really want to thank you for taking your time to take me there. I really appreciate it” I heard the truth in his voice, making me (for some strange reason) melt down. “Honestly, this has been one of my best birthdays… and I wasn’t expecting this at all. So, all I can say is that I’m very grateful with you and with your family. Especially with you! You are very nice” I pulled over in front of my house and turned to face Frank. Her chestnut eyes meeting mine causing me some bizarre sensation in the pit of my stomach.

“You are welcome” I said meaningfully. And then, we just stared into each other’s eyes… and it didn’t felt weird at all, it felt normal! Call me paranoid, but since Ray said that I may had a crush on Frank, I’ve started to experience new feelings inside me that I’ve never felt before every time I am with him.
And I hadn’t stopped thinking about what happened this afternoon, when I was laying over him… I felt something inside me that was pulling me in, pulling me to get closer, impulsing me to feel his warm lips against mine. “Go get your pumpkin, so we can be out for some candies” I bellowed shaking away those thoughts. Frank nodded and got out of the car. I didn’t move, I wanted to be by myself for a short time.

“I left my Polaroid here” Frank mumbled opening the front door of my car. He kneeled down in the seat he was seating before and started searching for it at the backseat. “I found it” he jabbered and stretched his arms to reach the camera, which was behind me. His face came right beside me as he struggled to get it. “I can’t!” he whispered.

I tried to turn completely my body around to see if I could help him but I was forced to stop halfway as Frank’s face met mine. He stared at me for a while and I didn’t move again. I couldn’t move. I got that shivering feeling that went up and down my spine, the same one I got a couple hours ago when we were in my room. Then again, that something in me started pulling me closer, making our noses touch. His eyes sparkled and something magical grew inside, making me feel utterly happy. My left hand reached to touch his soft cheek and started moving his face even closer to mine. I close my eyes letting my body relax and assimilate all the things I was feeling at that moment.

His lips collided against mine, getting me goose bumps and heart race. It was something extremely especial. I just let myself go and forget about everything, and just enjoy the glee reactions that Frank’s lips were causing to my entire body.
Then a vibration came off my pants.

Fuck! That is not good! … I thought, before I realized it was my phone.

Frank parted our lips and giggled as he had also felt the vibration. He is probably thinking I am a perv.

“Hello?” I answered trying to hold back my laughter.

“Gee! Love! Where are you? I thought you were coming to bash! I was really disappointed to just see Ray walking into the party! Are you coming?” My smile erased and so did Frank’s.

“Linds! Hey!” Frank’s face got pale and bitter. “I don’t know! I’ll try to get the party! But it is not that sure! I’ll call you back… I have to take Frank to get some candies, ok? I may go later! I’ll call back, ok? Bye!” I babbled and hang up the phone.

I put my phone away and looked inside my head for something to say to Frank. I didn’t know what to say. I was taking one step away from Lindsey, but she had to call… so that meant that she got another shoot with me. Was it what I really wanted? And now, kissing Frank caused me something indescribable that made my heart jump. So what…
“Frank, I…”

“No. Don’t worry! Go to your party! I am already tired so I think I’ll better go to sleep. So, have fun, ok?” he got out of the car, leaving me confused.
♠ ♠ ♠
Love it? Hate it? Please let me know! :)

angy_kaulitz and murderdolls_queen I was utterly happy to hear that you guys like the story... Thank you so much for your nice comments. I hope that you liked this chapter, it was a pain in the butt to write it but it is finally done! *free cookies for you two! Extra cookies for angy_kaulitz
for telling your friend about this fanfic!*