Status: :D

Tonight We Can Be As One

Rock Sand

I woke up to the “delightful” sound of Mikey’s voice singing to Angie by The Stones… *notice sarcasm*
That kid has been in such good mood since the day of his makeover.
I pulled my blankets over my face and covered my ears with the pillow to stop the horrendous sound from getting into my ears… but all the attempts were in vain, I still could hear his “great” voice.
Then, I heard someone breaking into Mikey’s room and turning the radio off.
“Fuck Gerard! I was listening to that!” Mikey shouted.
“Does it look like I care? People’s trying to sleep!”Gerard fighted back.
“It is 9 o’clock in the morning, you lazy ass!” Gerard didn’t reply to that, as I was expecting, but instead I heard a groan and a loud tud.
“Ouch you idiot! I’m gonna tell mom!” I’m not sure what Gerard did to Mikey but surely it was hilarious.
I heard Mikey’s door opening so I jumped out of bed and then out of my room to see what was happening.
Mikey run past through me and rushed downstairs while calling out his mom. I chuckled at Mikey as he acted like a little boy.
“What happened?” I asked Gerard once I saw him getting out of the room laughing his ass off. He approached me and hold into my right shoulder as he tried to stop laughing.
“I…”he started calmly but then kept on laughing.
“You?”
“I threw a pillow to Mikey’s face and as weak as he is, he couldn’t handle it and felt back” he finished calmer but was still chuckling a bit.
“Gerard!” Donna yelled from downstairs and Gerard’s smile disappeared and his face went pale.
“She’s gonna kill me!” he whispered and headed downstairs with me following him.
“Gerard Arthur Way! What did my baby do to you that made you act that way?” Donna inquired calmly when Gerard walked into the kitchen. Gerard attempt to answer but then Donna noticed that I was there too.
“Frankie! Good morning sweetie! Come take a seat... I’ll prepare some pancakes for you” Donna turned around and poured pancakes mix into a frying pan. “And you…don’t you think I’m done with you! We’ll talk about this later” she threatened Gerard with a spatula and then flipped the pancakes over. Gerard took a glass of apple juice and plonked himself in the chair next to me.
"Hey Frank! Aren't you excited?" Mikey asked out of the blue.
"Excited? About what?" I asked while Donna placed a gigantic plate full of pancakes in front of us.
"About what? You are asking... ABOUT WHAT?!?!?" he literally yelled that question. "Next week... WE ARE GONNA BE SENIORS"
"Oh... yeah" I mumbled remembering. I was never a school-lover.
"Show more excitement! This year is gonna rock socks!" he threw his arms in the air and swayed them cheerfully. "GO EAGLESSSS!"
"What the f... Are you gonna audition for the cheerleading squad?" Gerard mumbled with his mouth full of pancakes. "Loser" he mouthed after swallowing and formed a "L" with his thumb and index finger.
" I saw that!" Donna miffed while she washed the dishes with her back turned to us.
"How did you... she wasn't even looking this way" Gerard stuttered confused.
"Well honey that's because I have eyes in my back" Donna joked. "Oh... and now that you guys mention Senior Year... Frank I went yesterday to talk with Mr. Cornwell and he told me that he would gladly accept you but that you must pass some exams first, I believe he said maths, physics, English and chemistry" I shivered at the idea... I hated all those subjects as much as I hated Hawaiian Pizza or even more! "And you also have to write an essay of any type, of any subject so that he knows in what class he should place, the regular one or the foreign/non-English speaking one"
"I can help you with that! And with physics… Because I dunno why… but I am good at them” Gerard offered without second guessing and I smiled as a way to thank him.
“Thanks Gerard!” Donna gave Gee a kiss on the cheek. “Ok… kids I`m gonna take off! Take care and there`s chicken from yesterday in the fridge. When I come back I want to see all your rooms clean and then I`m taking you to Denny’s for dinner, ok? And the person whose room doesn’t pass inspection isn’t going out! That goes for you Gerard!” Donna warned him. Gerard who just grabbed a bit of his pancake spoke: “God mom… I can`t believe you always think the worst of me! I. Am. Hurt.” Gerard replied dramatically.
“I don’t think so… I know so! That’s why I am warning you… and don’t speak when your mouth is full” Donna kissed both mine and Mikey’s forehead.
“Bye kids” she was ready to leave but Mikey stopped her.
“Mom where is dad?”
“Nana is a bit sick so he went to take care of her for a couple of days. He’ll be back on Thursday so…” Gerard cut her off.
“Is she ok? What happened?” he was really concerned about his grandma’s health because from what I’ve heard from Mikey, those two where very close.
“You know… the same thing as always. She keeps eating sweets”
“I’m gonna call her” Gerard pulled the chair away from the table and run upstairs. Donna said good bye again and then left to work.
“Jeez Nana is so stubborn. She’s diabetic and she says that she would never quit sweets out of her life.” Mikey said randomly while rubbing his forehead and then standing up to pick up the dishes from the table.
“Mikes… Why don’t you go with Gerard and see what’s going on… I’ll take care of the cleaning” Mikey thanked me and then run off.
I washed all the dishes, frying pans included. Cleaned the table and even swept the floor. I felt so good at myself because I was able to do house chores, something I don’t usually do back home. I was exhausted when I was finally done so I took a big glass of coke and sat down on a chair to rest. But my rest didn’t last longer as Gerard walked into the kitchen with his laptop in his hands.
“No worries… she’s doing great. She’s stable now and off to her dancing lessons” I was sure he was talking about his grandma. “This woman is unbelievable… unbelievable in every sense”
Ok… now I was not sure if he was still talking about his grandma.
“She’s the craziest 78 year-old I’ve ever met” Yeah… he was talking about his grandma. “She sends you greeting, hugs and kisses. And says she would come to meet you as soon as she can; because she’s such a busy lady so she’ll try to find a space in her tight agenda.” Gerard talked with such respect and esteem about her that made me actually realize how right was Mikey when saying that they were inseparable. “You should meet her, she’s great! You would totally love her! She has such an amazing sense of humor and such a free, young soul! Plus… she always brings nice souvenirs and gives you money when you say or do something nice for her” Gerard chuckled while sitting down and placing the laptop in front of him. “God I love her” he confessed with a bright smile drawn in his lips. “Ok… now let’s work on that essay! But first… some music for inspiration please” and with that he played “Dust in the wind” by Kansas in his computer. Then I remembered the other day that I was in the car I heard a great song on the radio which I’m sure Gerard knew… he knew so much about music as much as I knew of Michelangelo and his life, which I have to say is a lot!
“Hey Gerard… I really liked this song I heard on the radio. It is kind of soft rock; I think it’s kind of old too. It goes like ‘Rock Sand you don’t have to put on the red dress tonight… Rock Sand you don’t have to put on the red light… Put on the red light, put on the red light’ and it goes on like that” Gerard who was really concentrated in his computer screen, looked up at me and started laughing hysterically. Ok… maybe it wasn’t a good idea to sing it.
“Yeah… I know I suck at singing! But please show me some respect! It is rude for you to laugh at someone the way you are doing!” I crossed by arms and frowned at him. Gerard shook his head and calmed himself down.
“Can you sing it again?” WTF? Did he want to keep mocking me?
“You are mean! I may not have the most beautiful voice on planet earth but I bet you don’t either! Otherwise… show me wrong!” I stuck out my tongue out to him.
“No… no, it’s not that! Easy! The song is from The Police and its call Roxanne… not Rock… Sand!” he giggled quietly. I blushed a little bit… he wasn’t laughing at my singing skills but at my hearing ones. But still! He shouldn’t be laughing; Rock sand and Roxanne did sound very alike. “You have to admit it was funny!” He lilted… I stared at him and pursed my lips. It indeed was funny… but I hold my laughter back. “Oh… and by the way, your singing is not bad at all! You actually are a pretty good singer!” he rejoined. “This is another reason why I should insist you stay and go to Juilliard!”
“Thanks…” was all I managed to say before we started writing the essay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next Chapter's Here!
Sorry for updating it kind of late.. but school is the one you have to blame! haha!
This chapter is for you to see how is Gerard and Frank's relationship now... No Frerard yer but there would be Frerard in a near future!
Yay I already reached 3 stars!
Thanks to all of you who read and subscribed this story!
And thanks to sexyemovampire12 for your comment!
xoxo