Status: :D

Tonight We Can Be As One

Nice to meet you... My name is Raymond Toro

SEPTEMBER

“If you don’t come down in a minute I’ll leave without you. And I mean it!” I heard Mikey from downstairs.
“Mikey please don’t! I’ll be there in a second” Grabbing my jacket and bag I quickly rushed through the hall and then downstairs to find Donna at the end with a paper bag and her wallet.
“Don’t listen to him, he will never leave you here; I think he’s more excited than you’re for your first day in school” She tapped my shoulder and then said “I prepared you a sandwich but in the case that you don’t want it I’ll give you 5 bucks too”
Wow, Donna was so amazing.
“Thank you, I really appreciate everything you are doing for me” She leaned in to kiss my cheek.
“Now go, they must be waiting for you” I smiled and headed out, putting my sandwich in my bag and the money in my pocket. “Good Luck” She yelled to me from the door, I replied with a big smile… Luck was something I really needed to go through that day.
Our way to school was a rush of emotions, anxiousness, excitement, nervousness, and all the similar ones; this was until Gerard told me how his first day had been.
“Unlike me, you have nothing to worry about; Mikey will always be with you. I remember my first day of school” He paused for a bit to change the song that was playing “I got there and started to panic, I felt really uncomfortable; my appearance was really different of what you see now, I was chubby and my hair was…ugh!” I giggled imagining chubby Gerard. “Yeah, I know… It’s hard to believe that a good looking man like me was chubby and had a very bad haircut in his high school years”
Then he continued “I was somehow a bit anti social and was terrified as I didn’t know anybody. I felt confused and instead of asking someone what I should do, I entered the first room I saw. Then all these seniors started laughing at me and I turned red, I looked like a tomato, a chubby tomato” We all laughed and I felt a lot better as I knew Mikey wouldn’t let that happen. I hope. “I don’t have good memories of my high school years, that’s why I have decided to erase them all out of my head, well not all… but some… the worst ones” Gerard finished as he pulled over at the school entrance.
“Ok, so here is your dead sentence. Now get out, I have to go back home to pick my car! Quickly! Or I will be late! Come on, get out!! ” Gerard said opening the door and pushing Mikey out of the car. He tripped on something and almost felt down. Funny.
“Hey! I could’ve fallen and could’ve gotten an arm broken! And you messed up my hair!” Mikey complained. I saw Gerard laughing and then attempting to do the same with me, but before he could do so, I jumped out of the car for my own safety.
“Well, bye guys, have an awesome day! Ray and I will be picking you up at 3 so…enjoy!” The engine came to life and Gerard left, then two minutes later I found myself walking through the ‘beautiful’ corridors of Belleville’s High School…
“This way!” Mikey beckoned me to enter the ‘Records and Admissions’ office. There, Estelle, our counselor (who also happened to be Mikey’s very good friend) gave us our schedules according to the subjects that we liked and the subjects we needed for college. I started walking out of the office while trying to read my schedule but before I could do so, Mikey stopped in front of me and took the schedule out of my hands.
“OK… We have Psychology, Music, PE, English and Chemistry together” he informed me and handed me back my schedule. I read that the first class I had was History, fortunately it was a subject that I actually enjoyed.
“What the fuck bitch? I clearly told you that I didn’t wanted to see your fucking ugly face in this school again” I heard someone shouting that in the hallway, I tiptoed to peek over Mikey’s shoulder but it was quite difficult as Mikey was very tall. Mikey heard that too so he turned around and moved a bit to his left so I was able to see too. I saw 5 girls that looked exactly like the girls from “Mean Girls” and they walked over to a poor girl, mumbled horrible things to her and then throwing her books up in the air before pulling her hair and throwing her against the lockers. Everything happened so fast that neither Mikey nor I knew what to do. Mikey let out a growl and walked out, fury filling his eyes.
“Hey hottie” A blonde girl that looked like the boss of the gang whispered as Mikey walked passed her. Mikey completely ignored her and rushed towards the girl with me following him.
“Laura, are you okay?” Mikey kneeled down in front of the girl who had fall down after crashing against the locker and helped her pick up her books… so that was Laura. That explained why he was so upset with those girls. I glimpsed over a book that had flown far away and went to pick it up.
“Yeah, I’m fine thanks” Mikey took her in his arms and helped her up.
“Here” I yelped while handing her a History book, she smiled instead of thanking me. Well, I wasn’t going to deny it but Laura was indeed pretty. She had brown long curly hair, brown bright eyes and a nice smile. She was also slim and very tall but not taller than Mikey; and was wearing a pair of dark blue jeans, black converse and a black t-shirt with Nirvana smiley face logo.
“I… I thought those…those were your friends” Mikey stuttered confused.
“Yeah… well not anymore” she shrugged her shoulders and placed her backpack in the locker.
“I am so, so sorry. I should have come to help you earlier but I didn’t recognize you… you look different” Mikey confessed ashamed.
“You look different too, Mikey… good different” she smiled widely at him. Hey, WTF? Liar Gerard! I thought he said that this girl didn’t even know his name. Someone ows me an explanation!
At that time the bell rang and Mikey quickly asked:
“What do you have now?”
“History with Mrs. Graham” she replied reading her schedule.
“Godammit! I didn’t take history” he mumbled to himself but loud enough for me to hear. “You have history with Frank… I have Calculus now!” he groaned. “Well… I’ll see you around” with that he turned around and stomped down the hallway.
"So you must be Frank?" I nodded. "Oh.. Nice to meet you, my name is Laura" she shook my hand. "You are new right" I nodded again. "So I'm assuming you don't know where class 211 is, right?" I shook my head and she chuckled before she told me to follow her down the hall.

"You have to give that paper to Mrs. Graham" she told me once we crossed the classroom's door but Mrs. Graham wasn't there. "Well... When she gets here" we made our way through the class to the back.

"It's weird that Mrs. Graham isn't here yet. She's always on time" she shrugged her shoulders and pulled out a pen out of her back pocket.
"I noticed you don't talk much" she commented "Or do I talk to much? Jeez... I'm so sorry! I didn't give you the chance to speak" She said alarmed.

"No don't worry... Actually I don't speak a lot" she looked at me wide-eyed. Maybe she noticed my accent... I mean, who wouldn't!
"Wow... Where are you from?"
"Italy" I answered.
"Cool! And you know Mikey because..."
"He's like some kind of brother..."
"Exchange student?" She quickly asked. I nodded. "That is awesome! And how is it?"

She looked at me very interested and with a big smile drawn in her lips. I attempted to answer but something distracted her and her smile immediately erased. I turned around and saw that the gang of bitches had emerged from hell, and started making audible comments of Laura and what kind of "whore" she was with her high-pitched voices.
"What is up with them?" Laura ducked head and answered to my question with a "You don't wanna know"

"No... I do! I mean if I have to kick their butts I must know why I have to, right?" She chuckled and after a while answered.

"Amber, the blonde one, had this idiotic bf that at this summer's bash tried to abuse me.. I didn't let that happened then the motherfucker told her that I was the one begging him to sleep with me and then she started hating on me and... You now the rest" I looked at her with a sad look...

"It's okay... I mean, it is not cool that someone hates you but at least is better to not be part of the bitchy gang anymore" she half smiled at me trying to reassure me that she was better off.
I thought she was, I mean, I hate those bitches for making her feel so bad and I don’t quite picture Laura being one of those girls… she’s actually charming.
“I’m sorry class, I’m late… got stuck in traffic, but I finally made it” Mrs. Graham had came into the classroom and everyone seated straight back into their seats. “Ok people, books out and let’s get started” she yelped while everyone quietly complained that she hadn’t asked them about their summers and instead got them working on their first day. I was the only one who wasn’t complaining… I was actually happy she didn’t ask anything as I wasn’t prepared to stand up in front of the class to speak… and the best was that she didn't notice me either so I didn't have to introduce myself.

Next class was Psychology with Mr. Bell, a fun chubby guy. I had this class with Mikey, at first I was happy to have classes with someone I know but then it got annoying after a while as Mikey wouldn't stop whining of not taking History and now not taking French with Laura.
Thank to God, we had chemistry with Laura. Mr. Stevens made us chose a partner and Mikey completely left me out as he paired up with...well… by now you must know. I, later, was paired with a nice Japanese guy called Kyosuke who happened to be new as well.

Finally it was lunch time! I looked for my sandwich on my backpack, but it wasn’t there. The stupid thing decided to slip out of my backpack! So I used the 5 bucks to buy macaroni and cheese as it was the only thing I could eat as the cafeteria had not such a huge range of meals for vegans... Moreover none of the food looked appealing at all, I couldn’t believe how unlucky I was that I had lost my sandwich!
We (Mikey, Laura, Kyosuke and me) sat outside next to a tree to keep us protected from the sunlight and to keep us away from everyone. No one else went there... It was very peaceful.
Then I had Literature, Geography and English... I actually don't remember any of the teachers name as I had all those 3 with Kyosuke and I didn't even pay attention as I was chatting with him and learning a bit of Japanese.

"So how was your first day?" Mikey asked me while I was placing my books into the locker.
"Can't complain... And yours?"
"Awesome... Hey, Gerard texted me and said that he's coming to pick us up" Don't know why I always feel a tinkling sensation in my stomach when hearing his name.
"Cool" I replied calmly.
"Great... So hurry up! I'll be waiting for you outside... I'm gonna see if Laura needs a ride" with that he turned over and left.

I finished putting my books in my locker and walked outside. Mikey wasn't there yet.
I sat patiently in a bench waiting for someone to come up, I put my headphones on and started listening to Ligabue (my fave italian band). I already listened to 3 songs and no one was on sight, no Mikey nor Gerard.
I took my phone to see what time was it and all of a sudden someone took my phone out of my hands. I froze as I realize that it got stolen and that the person who did so was standing in front of me maybe wanting to stole something else, or kill me or kidnap me. I gained courage and slowly looked up...

"Supp?" Gerard yelped with a humungous smile, that made his perfect teeth appear and his nose look even more perfect. He had my phone in his hands. "Are you okay?"
What kind of question is that? Surely I was shaking and my face was pale! I was so freaking terrified. "What happened?" He asked worried sitting next to me. I looked right into his hazel eyes. "Frank?" I sighed and replied by punching his left arm as hard as I could.

"Ow... What was that for?" I took my phone away from his hands and put it in my pocket.
"This is mine!!! Gosh... You are an idiot! I thought you were a mugger! This isn't the first time you do something like that to scare the living shit out of me! I'm starting to dislike you" not true... But it was the first thing that popped in my mind.

"You dislike me? How sad! Because... I do like you!" He obviously was faking his sadness. "And... I did that cuz I tried to catch your attention. For what felt like 30 minutes… I honked, I screamed and waved my arms like a mad man and you didn't even notice me! I made a complete fool of myself just to let you know that I was already here to pick you up… and now you say you dislike me? Not cool!" He faked a frown and crossed his arms.

"Well I almost had a heart attack cause of you allora Vaffanculo!"
"I have no idea what is that... But I can tell it's not nice" Gerard replied.
"Whatever..." I put my backpack on and stood up. "I'm gonna look up for Mikey"
"No don't worry I just called him and he said that he was already coming out... So let's wait him in the car" I nodded and we walked together to his black second-hand volvo.

"Fuck, Gerard your door won't open again" I saw this guy with the coolest/biggest fro I've ever seen, trying to get out of the car through the window. "Oh... Hey foreign kid!" He yelped when noticing me. I lamely waved my right hand.

"Ray just get back into the car... We are already leaving"
"Really? Great... Cuz I don't think I'll be able to get the fuck out of here!" Ray slipped himself back in the car and Gerard and I got in as well, Gerard at the front in the driver's sit and me at the back as Ray was already in the sit next to Gerard.
"Hey... Do me a favor and repair this shit! Or get a new car!" That was the first time I had gotten into Gerard's car because normally we used to ride his dad's car. I eventually agreed with Ray... The car was in a very bad condition, like the ones you see in that 'Pimp my Ride' show.

"I actually love my car so, vaffanculo!" He turned around and stared at me smiling widely. "Did I said it right?"
"Perfect" I replied.
"What does that even mean?" Ray turned to face me too.
"It could mean: 'Go to Hell', 'Go and fuck yourself' or something like that" I answered.
"Did you said that me? Well... Now I'm starting to dislike you too" Gerard wailed.
"Sorry" I whispered chuckling when Mikey got into the car.
"Weren't you coming with Laura?" I asked him.

"No..." He threw his backpack in the floor loudly. "Her sister came to pick her up" He sounded a bit pissed.
"Lisseth was here? God she's hot!" Ray, who had already his head facing front turned back again.
"Yes... She was, but..." Ray gasped and made Mikey stop talking.
"You... you... What happened to you? You look hot" He muttered amazed.
"Well... I've changed" Mikey said nonchalantly.
"But when... I just haven't seen you through this short summer...No glasses? Cool! Jeez...You look great, man." He complimented.
"Mmm... Thanks?" Mikey muttered.
"Anytime" he was about to turned his head but then he looked at me and stopped.
"Jeez... I'm sorry. You may think I have no manners." He put his right hand in front of my face. "It's nice to meet you. My name is Raymond Toro... At your services" I shook his hand and smile lamely. Not gonna lie but his hair and his abnormal out-of-control attitude where kind of intimidating. I hadn't noticed until then that Gerard and Mikey where both laughing, maybe they'd been laughing at me and the face I may had had in that moment.

"What?" Ray asked huskily.
"Well you can't say 'At your services' without trying to sound like a gay pedophile" Gerard said between laughs.
"Ugh... Keep quiet! And drive... I have to be home before dinner"
"Oh... Momma's boy has to be homey before mummy serves dinner" Gerard mocked.
"I won't say no more! You guys are mean!" Ray pouted and with that Gerard started the engine and we left our school's parking lot.
"Hey Gerard... You need to take 440 to get home. You already missed it! Now we have to go... To Kearny to turn back! And Kearny is an hour away and I have important stuff to do! Gerard!" Dramatic Mikey retorted.

"Well... Actually I'm not taking you home" Gerard eyed Mikey through the rareview mirror and winked. "It's your first day as seniors... You gotta do something fun! Go wild!" Gerard glanced Mikey with a very strange look and raised an eyebrow.
"Ok... I'm scared now! Take me home!" Mikey cried.
"Don't worry Mikey... This would be fun!" Ray assured us...
Where were they taking us?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while, I was kind of at a writer's block.
But anyways, I'm on a roll now.
Comment?