Sequel: The Purest Love
Status: Active; Comments, please?

Twisted Riddles (of the Unsolved)

Preface

I was talking to my clique of so-called “friends” — I just hang around them because James wanted me to. Lunch had to possibly be the most boring part of my school day. I seriously hate these people. They’re hateful and heartless. But, James says they’re good for me. I couldn’t seem to find any way that they could. They’re bitches. Yeah, that is seriously the only word to describe them.

A girl with golden blonde hair, and the palest blue eyes I’ve ever seen comes by, plopping down beside me as if she knew me with a goofy grin on her face. “Hi, I’m Kendall.”

Kendall. I had the odd sense that I knew this girl. But, how could I? I’ve never met a Kendall before. I’ve never seen a girl with eyes like that. I narrowed my dark brown eyes at her, as my normally soft voice sneered, “Who do you think you are?”

“Kendall.” She rolls her eyes. I smiled. She had a sense of humor.

“Ugh, get lost.” All of the other girls that I surrounded myself around stared at Kendall with disgust.

“Yeah, go take a hike!”

Kendall snaps her head toward them, opening her mouth to probably say something she’d regret — until I spoke up to save her butt. “Well, look, I’ve gotta go. Nice meeting you, Kendall. ‘Bye.”

I stood up, spinning around and running straight into someone. My food spilled all over him, and I knew my face had turned scarlet. “Oh, I am so sorry!”

“Nah, it’s okay.” I look up at him to see if he was joking — and some other part of me reacted really happy when I heard his voice. I met silvery-golden eyes that seemed to just suck me in. He smiles, and I swear that my heart picked up speed as I smiled back. He looks over at the girl, saying with an authority so much like a father’s, “Kendall, you should come and sit with us.”

“Okay. It was nice meeting you, Katherine.” Kendall picked up her tray of food, smiling at me. Wait. She called me Katherine. Nobody called me Katherine. Not even my own parents. Besides, I never even told her my name.

I look at where Kendall was sitting with a large amount of teenagers that I had never seen before. They all laughed and talked like they were just the best of friends. I wanted that. I wanted people who were around me to be like that. I look at my clique of “friends” with pure hatred as they immediately started talking trash about the happy group of new students.

Something seemed odd about them. And I was going to find out what if it’s the last thing I do.